PDA

View Full Version : Recent Egg Bowl history.....

Taog Redloh
11-22-2015, 10:33 PM
2012: MSU is marginally better talented. Ole Miss is ready to play, MSU is not. Game stays close and is blown open in the 3rd quarter by the home team.
2013: Ole Miss is marginally better talented. MSU is ready to play, Ole Miss is not. Game stays close throughout because we are using a 3rd string QB. With Dak or Russell, we likely blow them out around the 3rd quarter. Home team wins in OT, should have won in regulation. Sort of an outlier.
2014: MSU is probably a little more talented overall by the time the game rolls around, with the loss of Paidwell. Ole Miss is ready to play, MSU is not. Game stays close and is blown open in the late 3rd quarter by the home team.
2015: Trend will continue. Ole Miss probably has a hair on us in overall talent, but they'll play with the typical road game blues and we'll be jacked beyond belief. They will keep it close - so Mullen needs to convey this - we have to concede that they will score points - and after the game this weekend I'm fairly certain the team has the confidence to play in any situation.

We will win this game. Only way I see it playing out any differently is if their DL just wrecks our OL. I do worry a little bit about Kelly running the ball too, that's something Allen couldn't do, but Allen certainly threw the ball more accurately than Kelly. Hard to tell. But, if we play with the effort I think we will, this one is a 2 score or more victory.

I'm open to whether someone can statistically disprove any of my intangibles.

ETA: I don't really like the looks of this (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus), but it hasn't been updated and I think we can probably take care of that margin with effort and home field advantage.

Statefan
11-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Looking at their schedule, Ole Miss doesn't look like the same team when they play on the road compared to when they play at home

They did win @Bama, and you can make an argument whether they deserve to or or whatever

But their last three on the road are:
Loss to UF
Loss to Memphis
Close 4th quarter win at Auburn

I think being at home against them is a real advantage

Taog Redloh
11-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Looking at their schedule, Ole Miss doesn't look like the same team when they play on the road compared to when they play at home

They did win @Bama, and you can make an argument whether they deserve to or or whatever

But their last three on the road are:
Loss to UF
Loss to Memphis
Close 4th quarter win at Auburn

I think being at home against them is a real advantage
Agreed, and against Bama, I mean you really can't make up that script. That's the only game Coker did not start, the 5 turnovers, and the miracle TD pass. Then the freak pass right at the LOS.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 10:53 PM
Home team has won 14 of 16- its the biggest home field advantage in college football. The only 2 home losses the last 16 years were by awful 3 win teams.

Enough said

Pollodawg
11-22-2015, 11:31 PM
Oh, make no mistake, it's going to be a scrap. But after watching us win the game the way we did last night on sheer grit, determination, and will power renewed my vigor. It hasn't been since @Auburn '99 that we won a game down like that on the road against one of the better teams in the conference. Arky was maybe the hottest team in the country when we played them, and our boys still found a way to beat them.

lachepas565
11-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Home team has won 14 of 16- its the biggest home field advantage in college football. The only 2 home losses the last 16 years were by awful 3 win teams.

Enough said

Awful home teams that had pretty much quit against solid road teams that still had a lot to play for.