PDA

View Full Version : Just seems unreal

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 08:32 PM
That this Saturday will be the last time Dak runs out of the tunnel at Scott Field. Talk about a bitter sweet time. I still remember after he committed I had a friend tell me this guy was going to be something really special. Willing to bet he never could have envisioned just how special. Just unreal how fast this season went by. Seems like just yesterday it was September and it was still 100 degrees at the games.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Word spread quickly after his first spring that he was going to be a gamer. I don't think anyone envisioned this, but the coaches managed it correctly too. When many were calling for him early, the coaches were patient and let him take the time needed to develop. Same is happening now with Nicky Fitz too.

It's amazing to imagine how well off we are at QB right now with Fitz and Staley ready to take the reigns after a legend leaves for the NFL.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Good points Hack. Fitz has gotten tons of practice reps. He was taking bowl practice reps when his class was still in high school. He has benefitted from extra practice reps due to injuries to Russell, Staley, Damian, and Dak over the last two years.

Spring QB competition is going to be fun with Fitz and Staley.

Bucky Dog
11-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Should be very very emotional for Dak since he lost his mom and she won't be out there with his brothers to greet him when he runs on the field! This will be one to remember.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 10:02 PM
And Dak is playing his best ball right now. I hope he passes for 600 in the Egg Bowl.

Coach007
11-22-2015, 10:09 PM
The greatest Qb I have ever seen at MSU. On the field, he's been a great leader. Off the field he has been an example.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Should be very very emotional for Dak since he lost his mom and she won't be out there with his brothers to greet him when he runs on the field! This will be one to remember.

Stop it...you're gunna make me tear up and I'm being serious. With everything that Dak has accomplished on the field, what I like about him most is what a good young man he is. He's gone through alot with the loss of his mom. Dak's a tremendous representative for our university and a great role model for young kids.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 10:14 PM
MSU was blessed to have Dak, no question about it. I hope he has a really great life after MSU, wish him all the best. He brought a lot of joy to our fans and the MSU community overall.

Taog Redloh
11-22-2015, 10:17 PM
That this Saturday will be the last time Dak runs out of the tunnel at Scott Field. Talk about a bitter sweet time. I still remember after he committed I had a friend tell me this guy was going to be something really special. Willing to bet he never could have envisioned just how special. Just unreal how fast this season went by. Seems like just yesterday it was September and it was still 100 degrees at the games.
I just hope he wins the game.

He has to, doesn't he?

Bucky Dog
11-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Stop it...you're gunna make me tear up and I'm being serious. With everything that Dak has accomplished on the field, what I like about him most is what a good young man he is. He's gone through alot with the loss of his mom. Dak's a tremendous representative for our university and a great role model for young kids.

I will already confess that I'm gonna cry. I know Megan and probably Dan will be as well.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-22-2015, 10:28 PM
I'll say something else...if you notice in the post game interviews last night (on the field and in the media area inside). When it's brought up to DM what Dak means to this team and if DM is amazed at what Dak does on the field - you can see in DM's reaction that he gets just a bit emotional. I know that HC and QB's have close relationships from an X's and O's standpoint but I think this relationship is alot closer than just football.

I don't know...maybe I'm crazy but it just seems that way to me and didn't realize it until seeing the interviews last night.

Pollodawg
11-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Dak absolutely deserves the loudest, longest standing ovation in the history of DWS this Saturday. I hope so hard that we send him off into the sunset a winner.

BeardoMSU
11-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I can remember the Reflector article about him when he signed titled something like "QB of the future". I wish I had saved a copy of it to frame.

Bully13
11-22-2015, 10:41 PM

Great 17ing post Vegas... God I hope it ends well. We all know Damned Well we have what it takes for it to do so. Prescott's legacy is one that needs so much for it to do so. we've been thru enough shit to deserve this in my opinion. if we win the Egg Bowl, I will sleep, eat and rest easy for a long time. and I will NEVER forget what DAK has done for MSU and NObody should EVER forget what this young, GREAT MAN has contributed to our program.

thank you DAK and MULLEN...been a HELL 'uv a ride... the experience the both of you have given me will be always appreciated. you 2 are great... thank you both...

Bucky Dog
11-22-2015, 10:41 PM
I hope Megan stands in for his mom!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-22-2015, 10:49 PM
seems like that would be fitting...hope so too.

MSUDawg13
11-22-2015, 10:55 PM
How long before we put Daks name up with the other greats on the stadium? I hope it's not too long, I hate when they wait too long for those and they aren't recognized the way they should be.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Don't forget to vote for Dak for the Davey O'Brien award (www.voteobrien.org). He's leading the votes right now, lets keep it that way.

BulldogBear
11-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Don't forget to vote for Dak for the Davey O'Brien award (www.voteobrien.org). He's leading the votes right now, lets keep it that way.

Says it's closed till November 25th.