PDA

View Full Version : DL next year

Brando
11-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Who do we see coming back? Im'm guessing Chris is gone and I know we have AJ one more yr hopefully. Wouldn't it be wonderful for Chris to decide to come back for his sr yr and have him, AJ, and Nick back one more time?

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Who do we see coming back? Im'm guessing Chris is gone and I know we have AJ one more yr hopefully. Wouldn't it be wonderful for Chris to decide to come back for his sr yr and have him, AJ, and Nick back one more time?

CJ will be a first rounder..... He's gone

msstate7
11-22-2015, 08:37 PM
If Leo is as good as advertised, I hope we give Gerri green a long look at de

Coach34
11-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Jones is gone. He has played his way into Round 1 with a good Combine
AJ will be back
I'm hoping James stays and doesnt chance not being drafted

Coach007
11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm so not worried about the defense next year.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Im worried about the Secondary and the DL- we will be top 3 SEC at LB

Blackout
11-22-2015, 09:04 PM
The trenches will decide our fate next season... That and getting AJ Brown to replace Bear

Coach007
11-22-2015, 09:10 PM
I like who we already have, but the 2 juco guys that we are battling g for will add more depth.

Coach007
11-22-2015, 09:11 PM
The trenches will decide our fate next season... That and getting AJ Brown to replace Bear

Brown may not replace Wilson. The juco will most likely do that.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-22-2015, 09:20 PM
L
Im worried about the Secondary

Safeties don't bother me. Peters, McLaurin, and Bryant will all be better, and I love their potential. Coman is decent.

Corners will be Graham, Cleveland, and Jiles. That worries me. Rayford needs to be processed. Stamps and Smitherman hopefully are good. What do we know about Durr?

Coach007
11-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Calhoun is still here right. Btw... James committed to Auburn last night..

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 10:13 PM
L

Safeties don't bother me. Peters, McLaurin, and Bryant will all be better, and I love their potential. Coman is decent.

Corners will be Graham, Cleveland, and Jiles. That worries me. Rayford needs to be processed. Stamps and Smitherman hopefully are good. What do we know about Durr?

What? Processed? Rayford? Huh?

Taog Redloh
11-22-2015, 10:19 PM
Brown may not replace Wilson. The juco will most likely do that.
Ain't nobody going to replace Bear. He's an elite player.

tireddawg
11-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Ain't nobody going to replace Bear. He's an elite player.

So are you saying we wont ever get another elite player at that position?

Coach34
11-22-2015, 10:49 PM
Brown is the best WR coming out of Miss in awhile- he will play as a true Freshmen...He and Simmons are musts- both will play

maroonmania
11-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Calhoun is still here right. Btw... James committed to Auburn last night..

Who is James?

Big4Dawg
11-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Nick James....our starting DT

Pollodawg
11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Nick James....our starting DT

I think he meant another James. It wouldn't be possible for Nick James to flip this late his career.

Big4Dawg
11-22-2015, 11:35 PM
That James is a DE from Co-Lin

Bothrops
11-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Paul James. Don't know how we missed on him.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 01:00 AM

I think it's due to kongbo

Coach007
11-23-2015, 01:02 AM
Brown is the best WR coming out of Miss in awhile- he will play as a true Freshmen...He and Simmons are musts- both will play

I didn't say he wouldn't play. I said he would not be the immediate replacement for Wilson. I want Simmons, but he isnt a must have.

Rick Danko
11-23-2015, 07:22 AM
I want Simmons, but he isnt a must have.

You are out of your mind with this statement

msugolf
11-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Don't pay attention to him. He says the most off the wall stuff.

maroonmania
11-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Thanks, I don't remember Paul James' name being mentioned on the board and I don't keep up with JUCO recruiting that closely.

Homedawg
11-23-2015, 10:22 AM
I didn't say he wouldn't play. I said he would not be the immediate replacement for Wilson. I want Simmons, but he isnt a must have.

You have lost your mind. He's the best player in the state and its not close. AJ is second. Simmons is a freak.

thf24
11-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Coach can't say any defensive prospect is a must have because it would cheapen his singularly-held theory that our returning defense will be stacked from top to bottom and significantly better than this year's. The reality is that there are massive question marks at DL and CB, and Simmons would likely heavily contribute early.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks, I don't remember Paul James' name being mentioned on the board and I don't keep up with JUCO recruiting that closely.

Paul James is a guy we probably could have signed. We inexplicably didn't offer him. I think he led Juco in sacks. AU got him this weekend. Big miss by the staff!!

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Paul James is a guy we probably could have signed. We inexplicably didn't offer him. I think he led Juco in sacks. AU got him this weekend. Big miss by the staff!!

There's something very strange about Paul James recruitment. Comes from a Power 5 school (Illinois), lead Juco in Sacks, & passes the eyeball test. Yet he only has 1 offer (Auburn). Something just doesn't add up. I don't know if its off the field, academics, or what but every year head cases drop down to Juco for a year & have tons of offers. Why not James? If there are some red flags I guarantee Glenn Davis let the coaching staff know about it.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2015, 10:57 AM
There's something very strange about Paul James recruitment. Comes from a Power 5 school (Illinois), lead Juco in Sacks, & passes the eyeball test. Yet he only has 1 offer (Auburn). Something just doesn't add up. I don't know if its off the field, academics, or what but every year head cases drop down to Juco for a year & have tons of offers. Why not James? If there are some red flags I guarantee Glenn Davis let the coaching staff know about it.

Yeah, probably so. There usually is a red flag with a Juco. Have to weigh the risk/reward. AU certainly doesn't mind taking him. At MSU, sometimes you have to gamble. I'm not pumped about our DE situation.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah, probably so. There usually is a red flag with a Juco. Have to weigh the risk/reward. AU certainly doesn't mind taking him. At MSU, sometimes you have to gamble. I'm not pumped about our DE situation.

Yea I agree & the unfortunate passing of Keith Joseph put us in this position. We were expecting him to be in the 2 deep next year. I feel ok with our 1st 3 guys at DE next year but we do need a 4th guy to step up or sign 1.

maroonmania
11-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Yea I agree & the unfortunate passing of Keith Joseph put us in this position. We were expecting him to be in the 2 deep next year. I feel ok with our 1st 3 guys at DE next year but we do need a 4th guy to step up or sign 1.

Yea, the whole situation with Joseph is just so disheartening and I certainly believe negatively affected our team's focus during Bama week as would be expected. Joseph and Peters were absolutely the 2 biggest standouts for the MS team in the MS-AL all-star game.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2015, 11:15 AM

Looking beyond next year, those 1st 3 guys you mention will all be seniors next year. If you have the chance to get a talented edge guy from an MSU stronghold, you have to take him. I would have taken James even if the Joseph tragedy hadn't happened. Kongbo too. And I doubt we get Kongbo either, we were late to the game on him as well.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Looking beyond next year, those 1st 3 guys you mention will all be seniors next year. If you have the chance to get a talented edge guy from an MSU stronghold, you have to take him. I would have taken James even if the Joseph tragedy hadn't happened. Kongbo too. And I doubt we get Kongbo either, we were late to the game on him as well.

Like I said something is fishy about James. Concerning Kongbo we're in his final 4 & should receive an OV maybe his final visit so we have a shot.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 12:47 PM
You are out of your mind with this statement

Why? Why is it that he is a must have? Well Ms St football fall off the face of the planet? Our fan mentality is so fragile!

Coach007
11-23-2015, 12:51 PM
You have lost your mind. He's the best player in the state and its not close. AJ is second. Simmons is a freak.

Again... Why is he a must have? Because he is the best in the state? If you are thinking I'm saying he's not a great player, you are wrong. But the lack of him on the field won't be the end of ms St football.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Coach can't say any defensive prospect is a must have because it would cheapen his singularly-held theory that our returning defense will be stacked from top to bottom and significantly better than this year's. The reality is that there are massive question marks at DL and CB, and Simmons would likely heavily contribute early.

Lmao! I have never suggested that any defensive prospect isn't needed. In fact, I have stated that we would be getting some help with depth...... IN THIS THREAD EVEN.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 12:56 PM

We pulled away from him. Pursuing 2 others.

Coach34
11-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Why? Why is it that he is a must have? Well Ms St football fall off the face of the planet? Our fan mentality is so fragile!

Simmons is a Chris Jones level player. We need that badly. Simmons is a must have and we lead right now for him

Alldawg
11-23-2015, 01:19 PM
I think he meant another James. It wouldn't be possible for Nick James to flip this late his career.

Are you sure about that? I thought Hugh was still trying to flip Chris Jones******

Coach007
11-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Simmons is a Chris Jones level player. We need that badly. Simmons is a must have and we lead right now for him

I'm not saying that we could not benefit from him. Not saying that he is not a great player. But if we miss on him... I'm OK.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Are you sure about that? I thought Hugh was still trying to flip Chris Jones******

Was talking about Paul James

djaymsu5
11-23-2015, 01:42 PM

Who are the other two we are pursuing?

Alldawg
11-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Re read the post. Was not replying to you

HoopsDawg
11-23-2015, 02:19 PM

Is there any way I could convince you to post a whole lost less?

dickiedawg
11-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Guys his point seems to be that missing out on one player isn't going to kill our program. It's more an indictment on the term "must-have" than it is on Simmons. Without context, the term is overused and meaningless (like "must-win").

Simmons is a "must-have" for us to have a good class, maybe. Simmons is a must-have for you to feel like DL will again be a strength next year. Simmons is a must-have for Mullen to not be on the hot seat (completely ridiculous, but it could be your meaning).

It's an argument over semantics.

Coach007
11-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Is there any way I could convince you to post a whole lost less?

Probably not. Is there anyway I can convince you to stop being a negative person?

Coach007
11-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Guys his point seems to be that missing out on one player isn't going to kill our program. It's more an indictment on the term "must-have" than it is on Simmons. Without context, the term is overused and meaningless (like "must-win").

Simmons is a "must-have" for us to have a good class, maybe. Simmons is a must-have for you to feel like DL will again be a strength next year. Simmons is a must-have for Mullen to not be on the hot seat (completely ridiculous, but it could be your meaning).

It's an argument over semantics.

Thank you.