PDA

View Full Version : Snoop is officially gone from the bear team.

TopconDog
08-01-2013, 06:10 PM
nm

CadaverDawg
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
The Mississippi "Homerun" ended up being just a long fly out to center

BeastMan
08-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I can say with 100% sincerity that I hope he figures it out. The road he is headed only leads to self-destruction. No surprise but sad nonetheless

Coach34
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
and why you will never see me worried about what their ****ing recruiting rating is. They will always have casualties and attrition because they are "the party school" that "never loses a party".

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Like many other guys at UM, he got caught up in the party. It's sad. Everyone saw it coming, but I hope he gets his life turned around.

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 06:45 PM
I guess it was the day to unload him from his commitment to get some recruits signed. Aug 1 a nice round number.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Top 10 recruiting trophy they've been hoisting is history.

Brassell and TE were ranked pretty high I believe.

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 07:11 PM
it's just a ploy so they can add him to their recruiting rankings again next year.

hailmari
08-01-2013, 07:26 PM
it's just a ploy so they can add him to their recruiting rankings again next year.

It wouldn't surprise me. BUT could he come back? What are the rules for his situation?

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 08:20 PM
It's an academic thing, he's done and he doesn't care

I seen it dawg
08-01-2013, 08:29 PM
What was it? Hos money and clothes? With weed chain around his neck

The Lord Humongous
08-01-2013, 08:41 PM
A whole lotta don't give a damn. Kid's been coddled his whole life and never held accountable. No positive home influence. Had he either played for Mullen OR just not for Nutt? He'd have had a chance. Some people have to be saved from themselves. He's one. Hope he can play 1AA or DII this year and maybe an NFL team will straighten him up. Not counting on it though.

engie
08-01-2013, 08:43 PM

I know you are saying this in jest -- but him not getting in this semester guarantees he won't step foot on the field for any SEC team in the future...you know, the Masoli Rule and shiz...

Hudspeth bound to be with Tig and Qyen if he ever plays football again IMO...

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
nm

Who's Snoop?

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I'll echo my sentiments that it's sad to see happen. I think the reason he committed to us in the first place- and I may be naive here- was because I think he wanted out. From what I understand there was no way in hell that was ever going to be allowed to happen though. I think he and the other guys in that group were given really bad advice from adults that they trusted and they got burned unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Jackson State with his buddy Tobias Singleton.

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 10:33 PM
A whole lotta don't give a damn. Kid's been coddled his whole life and never held accountable. No positive home influence. Had he either played for Mullen OR just not for Nutt? He'd have had a chance. Some people have to be saved from themselves. He's one. Hope he can play 1AA or DII this year and maybe an NFL team will straighten him up. Not counting on it though.

He won't make the NFL, I don't care how fast he is. Not with his past criminal history and the fact that his Wonderlic score is going to be bad.

deltadawg99
08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
He'll either end up at JSU or DSU.

Why can't SP guys ever make it when they go to OM?

angusyoung
08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Non QB Wonderlic scores don't mean jack shit. But he still won't be in the nfl.

M.Fillmore
08-01-2013, 11:21 PM
He can always get adopted by Sean Touhy.

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I'll echo my sentiments that it's sad to see happen. I think the reason he committed to us in the first place- and I may be naive here- was because I think he wanted out. From what I understand there was no way in hell that was ever going to be allowed to happen though. I think he and the other guys in that group were given really bad advice from adults that they trusted and they got burned unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Jackson State with his buddy Tobias Singleton.

And they'll be talking to each other about how stupid they were in 2010-2011 for choosing to go to UM. We were off the Gator Bowl win and they were off a losing season and starting a 6-18 stretch that included about a 15 game SEC losing streak. It made no sense for them to go there, unless there were other incentives.

MaroonState
08-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Seems anyone associated with the driver has been a failure. Maybe someone should talk to the parents of the callaway kids just to give them a heads up.

RougeDawg
08-02-2013, 10:51 AM
And they'll be talking to each other about how stupid they were in 2010-2011 for choosing to go to UM. We were off the Gator Bowl win and they were off a losing season and starting a 6-18 stretch that included about a 15 game SEC losing streak. It made no sense for them to go there, unless there were other incentives.

Rug by Coaches, Journalists, the SEC and NCAA alike. None of their past recruiting classed made a damn bit of sense to anyone except those deulsional OM alum, who think they are on the same level as the Bamas and LSUs of college football.

My question is, do they have to repay the alum for all these incentives when they are no longer part of OM football? Why do they never talk about it once they're gone? Are they signing legal documents that OM alum worded so complex that it confuses these brilliant players and scares them, thus preventing them from telling their story, for fear of lawsuits? Isn't that what happened to Pete Rose? He singed a non disclosure clause with MLB about his betting, and once he told his story they banned him from baseball.

Next point, if these players never have to repay the $ to OM boosters, OM boosters have to be the worst businessmen in the history of man kind. They have gotten the worst ROI I have ever seen when it comes to buying recruits. At least Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Bama win crystal balls with their purchases. Shit, OM can barely maintain winning season streaks with theirs.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2013, 11:08 AM
But they win the recruiting war and with these guys, next to winning the party that's the next most important.

AlSwearengen
08-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Rug by Coaches, Journalists, the SEC and NCAA alike. None of their past recruiting classed made a damn bit of sense to anyone except those deulsional OM alum, who think they are on the same level as the Bamas and LSUs of college football.

My question is, do they have to repay the alum for all these incentives when they are no longer part of OM football? Why do they never talk about it once they're gone? Are they signing legal documents that OM alum worded so complex that it confuses these brilliant players and scares them, thus preventing them from telling their story, for fear of lawsuits? Isn't that what happened to Pete Rose? He singed a non disclosure clause with MLB about his betting, and once he told his story they banned him from baseball.

Next point, if these players never have to repay the $ to OM boosters, OM boosters have to be the worst businessmen in the history of man kind. They have gotten the worst ROI I have ever seen when it comes to buying recruits. At least Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Bama win crystal balls with their purchases. Shit, OM can barely maintain winning season streaks with theirs.

The problem olemiss has is one of a viscous cycle. If you take an average black kid and let them choose between olemiss and msu and you take out of the equation the paid hookers, cars, rented houses, coordinated recruiting weekends at the library, etc. etc., olemiss isn't going to come out ahead of us very often. Their culture is much more exclusionary than the one in starkville. Their boosters know this and that is why they are so crazy and loose with their money.

The problem comes in when they get the recruits on campus and the recruit just isn't happy in spite of the money, cars, etc.

Political Hack
08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
they pay big money to try to stay relevant.

Bullmutt
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Imagine how many bears must be foaming at the mouth right now because they can't replyhere! lol

blacklistedbully
08-02-2013, 12:30 PM

From the booster's side, they are not hiring an employee, accountable to a paycheck. These boosters are "betting on the come". They just want to get the potential, the signature. Once those kids sign, any ongoing deals made in advance are probably done deals. Each has done something very wrong, so either turning on the other is a self-indictment. From the player's POV, it woudl be considered "ratting out". This wuold not be good for them going forward, and could open up a Pandora's box of problems from bringing down heat on their buddies still on the take, hurting the team comprised mostly of guys that have become their best friends, to inviting the wrath of big-money guys who likely have the juice to make their lives a living hell.