PDA

View Full Version : Holy Defense

Coach007
11-22-2015, 02:56 PM
First the good stuff...

Still the most under rated player by fans and the ncaa.... Richie Brown. What a pleasure it is to watch a guy excel through knowledge of the opposing team's offense and being in potion to make plays. Last night HE was the most valuable player on defense.

The younger guys where making great plays... but they had some horrible plays too. Bryant, who is an nfl talent, made experience mistakes. Our young LBS were very productive. I'm seriously wondering how Lewis will break into the two deep. That's a great problem to have.

The DL... Jones was getting after it. Credit the OC for Ark, the plays called tried to pull CJ out of game Changing situations. Also... the back up to Jones... great job.

Anybody not see g a dominant defense returning next year is blind.

The bad.... simply put. Jackson and coman. .. our 2 biggest liabilities on the field. Both had decent moments, but over all the bad out weighed the good. I watched an OC and a qb see it too. Jackson got picked on alot. 83 burned him most every time due to jackson not being able to see what was happening. Coman was consistently late to pick up his assignment.

I expect to see ol? miss look at that film and see it too. That's not going to get fixed by next week. Just won't be. If jackson, as a senior, does not grasp that already, he's not going to in the next few days. Solution..... more Gray... more Green....

Could have sworn I saw Redmond with pads on running out at halftime. I'm all for him being back if he is 100%. Only if he is.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2015, 03:07 PM
The fact that you could say "anybody not seeing a dominant defense returning next year is blind", after a game we gave up 50 points and 7 TD passes, makes your post awful. Sorry.

Not the best game to pimp your "stout 2016 defense" theory.

bulldawg28
11-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Redmond tore his ACL he's done for the year

Coach007
11-22-2015, 03:18 PM
The fact that you could say "anybody not seeing a dominant defense returning next year is blind", after a game we gave up 50 points and 7 TD passes, makes your post awful. Sorry.

Yeah.... now look who,gave those up and keep everything in context. Things like Jackson and then the fact that he will not be on the field next year.

Coach007
11-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Redmond tore his ACL he's done for the year

Yeah, I knew he was out with an Acl tear. I didn't realize Staley also wore #2. Hard to see faces from the skybox.

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 03:40 PM
First the good stuff...

Still the most under rated player by fans and the ncaa.... Richie Brown. What a pleasure it is to watch a guy excel through knowledge of the opposing team's offense and being in potion to make plays. Last night HE was the most valuable player on defense.

The younger guys where making great plays... but they had some horrible plays too. Bryant, who is an nfl talent, made experience mistakes. Our young LBS were very productive. I'm seriously wondering how Lewis will break into the two deep. That's a great problem to have.

The DL... Jones was getting after it. Credit the OC for Ark, the plays called tried to pull CJ out of game Changing situations. Also... the back up to Jones... great job.

Anybody not see g a dominant defense returning next year is blind.

The bad.... simply put. Jackson and coman. .. our 2 biggest liabilities on the field. Both had decent moments, but over all the bad out weighed the good. I watched an OC and a qb see it too. Jackson got picked on alot. 83 burned him most every time due to jackson not being able to see what was happening. Coman was consistently late to pick up his assignment.

I expect to see ol? miss look at that film and see it too. That's not going to get fixed by next week. Just won't be. If jackson, as a senior, does not grasp that already, he's not going to in the next few days. Solution..... more Gray... more Green....

Could have sworn I saw Redmond with pads on running out at halftime. I'm all for him being back if he is 100%. Only if he is.

Dude I just rewatched the game. Our secondary was torched the entire game by a pretty damn good qb, a great tight end, and some pretty fantastic play calling. Zach Jackson flat blew the coverage on the second TD to Sprinkle but he had a few good stuffs in the run game. He hurt us but the one that hurt us the most and was picked on ALL DAY was Tolando Cleveland. My goodness he will want to not watch film on this one. The first TD was allowed by his great effort to make a tackle. The 3rd TD was again all on him and his weak coverage. It pisses me off when he starts flopping his arms when he gets beat too He dropped a pretty easy int on one of their drives in the 4th qtr and got beat deep on the 50 yd bomb to set up the last TD where he didn't play his assignment and went inside to cover a guy that Richie Brown already had covered leaving Sprinkle wide ass open for his 3rd TD. Brandon Allen had a great game and he can thank Cleveland for his shitastic coverage skills for a bunch of his yards and td's. Is there not someone else we can play to give them a shot?

Coach007
11-22-2015, 03:51 PM
One of those was on coman. He was to pick that guy up and was late.

Cleveland isn't the best. No argument from me there. I have not seen the game on tv, so I'm not sure what they showed, but from my view... sprinkles didn't beat Jackson... Jackson was never in the play because he bit on the PA.

GreenheadDawg
11-22-2015, 04:16 PM

I seriously don't even read the guy's posts. Literally nothing he ever says makes sense

Jack Lambert
11-22-2015, 04:28 PM

I blame 21 of thier points on our offense and kick return team. I saw the biggest offensive in the World get whipped. I saw a run first offense have the run shut down.

Coach007
11-22-2015, 04:33 PM
I blame 21 of thier points on our offense and kick return team. I saw the biggest offensive in the World get whipped. I saw a run first offense have the run shut down.

I agree. Look at what they did to Henry... yes, he broke 2 big plays and we can debate why that happened, but with the young guys returning with senior leadership in the Browns.... plus a few new guys ... no issues on defense next year.

Homedawg
11-22-2015, 04:49 PM
I guess I'm blind then....

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 05:04 PM
One of those was on coman. He was to pick that guy up and was late.

Cleveland isn't the best. No argument from me there. I have not seen the game on tv, so I'm not sure what they showed, but from my view... sprinkles didn't beat Jackson... Jackson was never in the play because he bit on the PA.

Here's some great plays you might have missed.....

Here's one touchdown where Jackson, Cleveland, and Bryant covered Henry leaving Sprinkles alone in the end zone ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14190138

And here's one where the entire team followed Henry to the right while Sprinkles was left alone in the end zone ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14189539

Here's one where Coman cut underneath thinking Henry was going to run an out when he actually ran a wheel route (poor angle even if it was an out by Coman..... also Bryant got lost on the play and went with the wide out who was already double covered) ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14189605

Here's a beaut where Cleveland had his back to the sidelines and lost a physical battle when the receiver made his cut. Cleveland needs to learn back peddling drills or sit the damn bench. He was running with the receiver when he knew the middle was open, and he had no help on either side. When you know you're stacking 8 in the box, why do you give a 10 yard cushion there? Also, Bryant missed his pick up and tripped Jackson in the transition. They had 3 open possibilities there..... inexcusable ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14189328

Here's Cleveland getting his back caught to the sidelines again (he has such lazy technique..... he takes long strides when he drops in coverage. He needs to get lower to the ground, put his damn chin forward, and play the damn receiver)..... then of course, he wiffed the tackle ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14188633

Here's a touchdown where Peters gets beat inside by the tight end and Calhoun got beat on the outside by a receiver. Bryant got caught in no man's land, but he still almost got to the ball. ----->
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14189666

We just had poor technique and discipline in the secondary. It's funny how our defensive line is so in tune with the game, but our secondary is running around like it's back yard football. If our secondary is going to be better next year, they need to learn some fundamentals. That's why I miss Redmond, he knew how to attack the ball.

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 08:48 PM
That first video is all on Cleveland. What the he'll does he go with the inside route when he has outside coverage? Richie had Henry covered already. That one is all on Cleveland Pitiful

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 08:50 PM
The second video is just a great damn play by Arkansas. Snuck Sprinkle out of the backfield. If that's on anyone probably Richie. But that was a great play

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Might as well do em all. Yes Coman may have taken a bad angle but he was still in Henry's hip pocket. That was a great throw and a solid catch by the best tight end in the college football

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
The forth one is embarrassing for Cleveland. Like you said running w his back to the play then getting schooled for a TD. Then flopping his arms and going toward the official like it was offensive pass interference makes it even more embarrassing

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
5 is another embarrassing one for Cleveland. First he gave Morgan a freaking stupid cushion. Then he just lets him catch it and appears to get in position to make a tackle but instead has concrete in his shoes and doesn't even touch him. Pitiful all the way around on that one

whosyourdawgy
11-22-2015, 09:07 PM
The last one has to go on our future stud safety Peters. He got smoked at the line and was playing catch up the entire time That being said. That was a terrific pass and a great catch by again the best te in college football. Bryant read it made a break on it and just missed it. Sometimes even pretty damn good coverage isn't good enough.