PDA

View Full Version : I could be wrong -Rebels?

Goldendawg
11-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed how few times (if any) the TV announcers are calling NMU the Rebels? It's always Ole Miss or the Landshark defense. Is this some kind of Black Helicopter plan by the media and the NMU powers to be to get rid of another politically wrong term behind the backs of their fan base?

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Cause no one knows what to call them.

mstatefan91
11-22-2015, 02:46 PM
I've noticed this as well

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Cause no one knows what to call them.

I'm sure this board could offer some suggestions.

msudawg1200
11-22-2015, 03:01 PM
I've got a name that I call them that they can use. It might not pass FCC regulations for national TV though.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 03:03 PM
This is by design and based on PR people from the university. University of Mississippi is phasing out use of the Ole Miss and Rebels. They're deliberately hiding it from their big money fat cats so the checks don't dry up, but make no mistake that within 10 - 15 years Ole Miss Rebels will be in the dustbin of history. Good f-ing riddance, too.

IMissJack
11-22-2015, 03:06 PM
This is by design and based on PR people from the university. University of Mississippi is phasing out use of the Ole Miss and Rebels. They're deliberately hiding it from their big money fat cats so the checks don't dry up, but make no mistake that within 10 - 15 years Ole Miss Rebels will be in the dustbin of history. Good f-ing riddance, too.

I've heard fewer Rebel references, but no less Ole Miss. I don't think most broadcasters know the story there.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 03:09 PM
I've heard fewer Rebel references, but no less Ole Miss. I don't think most broadcasters know the story there.

The PR people are guiding broadcasters and media to use the term Landshark more, and this is very deliberate. Within 5 years, they will no longer be the Rebels. Ole Miss will be next to be erased after that.

RougeDawg
11-22-2015, 03:48 PM
We could get their monikers erased with a quickness of we educated a certain "lives matter" group on the meaning of ole miss. Would be gone faster than the Mizzou president. But then again, the group haven't been the brightest bulbs in the box.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Yeah because they can't use "****ing thug garbage pieces of shit" I guess...

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-23-2015, 02:00 AM
I don't call them the Ole Miss Rebels....I prefer to use the name Ole Miss Racist.

Brando
11-23-2015, 02:02 AM
I think they should be called the Man-Bear-Pigs

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1359609301766856881.jpg

DawgInMemphis
11-23-2015, 07:24 AM
I usually call them what the Kang always referred to them as...

Dawgface
11-23-2015, 07:34 AM
No doubt, 'Rebels' is in the process of being phased out. 'Ole Miss' is next. I have an OM golf buddy who said just the other day when Rebels is officially removed, he's becoming a State fan. His age bracket(60's) will fight it but they will die off or be set out to pasture before long, so they really don't matter in the whole scheme of things. The younger Bear's will accept it and move on. It's just a matter of time.......

Churchill
11-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Well I wish they would find something other than that land shark shit. That`s an embarrassment to the state and the SEC.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 08:45 AM
No doubt, 'Rebels' is in the process of being phased out. 'Ole Miss' is next. I have an OM golf buddy who said just the other day when Rebels is officially removed, he's becoming a State fan. His age bracket(60's) will fight it but they will die off or be set out to pasture before long, so they really don't matter in the whole scheme of things. The younger Bear's will accept it and move on. It's just a matter of time.......

Tell him to avoid the rush and start hating them now.

Boodawg
11-23-2015, 10:44 AM
What other team has a nick name similar to OM? Are they the only team that is called by their nick name "Ole Miss" rather than their actual name(s), Mississippi or the rebels?

BossDawg
11-23-2015, 10:57 AM
Has anyone else noticed how few times (if any) the TV announcers are calling NMU the Rebels? It's always Ole Miss or the Landshark defense. Is this some kind of Black Helicopter plan by the media and the NMU powers to be to get rid of another politically wrong term behind the backs of their fan base?

I can't believe they still say "Ole Miss". That's pretty pathetic to be an institution of higher learning and insist on being called an old slave term.

fishwater99
11-23-2015, 11:09 AM
We could get their monikers erased with a quickness of we educated a certain "lives matter" group on the meaning of ole miss. Would be gone faster than the Mizzou president. But then again, the group haven't been the brightest bulbs in the box.

How can we get this going? I don't see how they aren't already all over this?