PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looked at the latest summer league stats? Some surprising numbers

Saltydog
08-01-2013, 05:41 PM
there........Cox and Holder both have high era's and Pirtle is only hitting .224.......On the other hand, Gentry, Shelley, Hann, Garner and Robson are putting up decent numbers........

Coach34
08-01-2013, 06:34 PM
the other guys are fresher- while Holder and them should be tired by now. They are probably ready for a damn break

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Holder's numbers are a little skewed. He had about 8-9 IP without an ER, but he got knocked around pretty bad in his last appearance. They left him in their for a while until he finally gave up 6 runs.

I'm not worried about those two guys; they are proven. Summer ball is mostly for younger guys who need reps anyway.

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Holder's numbers are a little skewed. He had about 8-9 IP without an ER, but he got knocked around pretty bad in his last appearance. They left him in their for a while until he finally gave up 6 runs.

I'm not worried about those two guys; they are proven. Summer ball is mostly for younger guys who need reps anyway.

Typical Ron Polk. Leaving Holder in too long. Leaving a relief pitcher in to allow 6 runs is unacceptable at any level of baseball.

Cox is experimenting with some different arm slots as well.

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Haha, I forgot Ron Polk was his summer coach in the Cape. That is typical Polk.

M.Fillmore
08-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Typical Ron Polk. Leaving Holder in too long. Leaving a relief pitcher in to allow 6 runs is unacceptable at any level of baseball.

Absolutely correct!