PDA

View Full Version : A Few Encouragements

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 01:36 PM
While we don't have a running back in the top 25 in rushing leaders in the SEC (not counting Dak), we have 2 receivers in the top 5 in the SEC. Who would have thought we'd be a dominate passing team?

We held the #3 SEC running back to 53 yards rushing last night. We proved successful on defense no matter how bad we were against the pass.

Richie Brown is the leading LB in sacks in the SEC this year with 6.

Brandon Holloway is 2nd in the SEC in kick off return yards (Evan Berry has a sizable lead there).

MSU STATS TO LOOK AT:

1. Dak broke his own record again..... with 38 completions in a game.

2. He also broke Derrick Taite's single game passing record with 508 yards passing. That record was older than a lot of people on this board. Dak's also on pace to surpass his own single season passing record.

3. Dak finally broke the 100-way tie for passing touchdowns in a single game with 5.

4. Dak needs 2 more touchdowns to be tied with Boobie for all time leaders in rushing touchdowns.

5. Fred Ross needs 5 more receptions to be tied with David Smith for the single season reception record.

We all got in a low place after the Bama beatdown, but this team has been pretty damn successful this year. We have a chance at breaking a few more records and possibly having the best back to back seasons in school history with a "W" on Saturday. It's a good time to be a dog boys. Hail State!

FORGOT TO ADD:

6. Dak's 554 yards of total offense was a school record.

7. Dak also got the school record for total touchdowns with 7.

8. Bear is 3 touchdowns away from Bumphis' single season and all time receiving record.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Love that sig gif....+1

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 02:13 PM
OBJ-level from Ross, what a great play. Nice GIF indeed.

gtowndawg
11-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Why would we not put Dak in the ring of honor next year. Why wait? He will own virtually every record there is to own. If that doesn't warrant immediate ring of honor distinction I don't know what does.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Why would we not put Dak in the ring of honor next year. Why wait? He will own virtually every record there is to own. If that doesn't warrant immediate ring of honor distinction I don't know what does.

Because Elijah Staley has more upside. I don't fully expect Staley to put up better numbers than Dak. But Stakey has more talent now than Dak did at Staley's age. Time will tell if Staley will be a great leader and a student of the game who can read defenses, make decisions, and deliver the football.

Coach007
11-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Because Elijah Staley has more upside. I don't fully expect Staley to put up better numbers than Dak. But Stakey has more talent now than Dak did at Staley's age. Time will tell if Staley will be a great leader and a student of the game who can read defenses, make decisions, and deliver the football.

Staley will not pass up Fitz.

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Staley will not pass up Fitz.

I bet there will be an open competition for the qb spot. I'm with you though, I think Fitz will win the spot. He has been a pleasant surprise. I really didn't think he'd progress as well as he has.