PDA

View Full Version : So is Dak a lock to be invited to New York now?

IMissJack
11-22-2015, 01:22 PM
I would say yes, with a win Sat.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 01:24 PM
I doubt he does- even though he deserves it. He's probably about 5th-6th

mstatefan91
11-22-2015, 01:29 PM
The bias against QB's this year is extremely strange

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 01:37 PM
the way the Heisman is looked at now baffles me. it's supposed to be best player or maybe most influential to their team? where would state be without dak. I shudder

it's basically now best players on top 10 teams. or so it seems

chef dixon
11-22-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't think there is any chance he gets invited.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 02:11 PM
If he has this kind of game against OM, I think he's in.

Dawgfan77
11-22-2015, 02:22 PM
Think about all dak has done this year. Then remember he played what two seris against Troy? So basically he has only played in 11 games this year

UMCDawg16
11-22-2015, 02:28 PM
In case all of you forgot, Tebow and RG3 WON the Heisman and both of their teams had 3 losses in their Heisman winning seasons. I think it's reasonable that Dak will get an invite if he plays a great game Saturday.
-But let me say this- MSU and our fans are not good at hyping up guys, which we knew, if Dak was at OM and had these career and season stats you can bet he'd be in NY. We have GOT to do a better job about hyping up our elite guys. There is no excuse for Dak not to be there, especially considering the weak candidate list this year.

RougeDawg
11-22-2015, 02:29 PM
If our athletic department marketed him like Every other school does he would. Seem to continue our ways in that department.

mstatefan91
11-22-2015, 02:30 PM
If our athletic department marketed him like Every other school does he would. Seem to continue our ways in that department.

We marketed him that way last year, and if you read some interviews from the off-season, it seems pretty clear that he did not enjoy being that guy.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 02:34 PM
In case all of you forgot, Tebow and RG3 WON the Heisman and both of their teams had 3 losses in their Heisman winning seasons. I think it's reasonable that Dak will get an invite if he plays a great game Saturday.
-But let me say this- MSU and our fans are not good at hyping up guys, which we knew, if Dak was at OM and had these career and season stats you can bet he'd be in NY. We have GOT to do a better job about hyping up our elite guys. There is no excuse for Dak not to be there, especially considering the weak candidate list this year.

the Heisman has transformed into an award for the best player for a team with the possibility to win a championship. and it sucks

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 02:47 PM
He needed a big game against Bama to solidify a spot. The heisman isn't about what you've done. It's about what you're doing now. If he throws for 500 against OM, he'll be invited.

Tbonewannabe
11-22-2015, 03:16 PM
He needed a big game against Bama to solidify a spot. The heisman isn't about what you've done. It's about what you're doing now. If he throws for 500 against OM, he'll be invited.

If he has a great game and we win on Saturday I think he gets an invite. The announcers and talking heads have consistently said they don't know how you keep him from NY. Especially with the favorites having bad games.

Henry probably wins it barring Auburn holding him and someone else having a great game. OU QB had a bad game and Henry had 2 TDs but only 68 yards. Fournette has pretty much played his way out of it and being a Sophmore will probably be held against him.

I could see Dak being invited based on career numbers along with one of the best QB seasons in the country. He is joining clubs now that only 4 or 5 players in college football history are in.

8,000 yards passing and 2,000 rushing and the 60 passing 40 rushing TD club. These are numbers that either Heisman winners or someone like Kapernick who didn't play in a P5 conference have.

It is amazing that Dak wasn't even a 4 year starter and has these numbers.

RougeDawg
11-22-2015, 03:35 PM
We marketed him that way last year, and if you read some interviews from the off-season, it seems pretty clear that he did not enjoy being that guy.

I must've been sleep walking through attending each game last year and reading every article because I saw zero marketing similar to the way Oregon Baylor TCU etc have done throughout the years. Bama and the powerhouses market them selves on all fronts. We don't and relying solely on this method does not have the same effect and benefit for joke players. I'm sorry, if we marketed him last year we wasted a ton of money and effort. This year seems no different than last in theos area. Our run to #1 last year was the only marketing Dak received and it was on field results driven.

dawgs
11-22-2015, 03:40 PM
the way the Heisman is looked at now baffles me. it's supposed to be best player or maybe most influential to their team? where would state be without dak. I shudder

it's basically now best players on top 10 teams. or so it seems

Look at how pedestrian Oklahoma looked yesterday after mayfield went out. Look at TCU's struggles with Boykin injured. For the most part, take any of the stud QBs off their teams and the team is going to struggle. Even Michigan st winning without Connor cook yesterday, they played one of the best defenses games in a big game I've ever seen and didn't throw for 100 yards.

So while I love dak and wouldn't trade him for anyone, that's just not a good justification to get mad about how the heisman is awarded.

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Look at how pedestrian Oklahoma looked yesterday after mayfield went out. Look at TCU's struggles with Boykin injured. For the most part, take any of the stud QBs off their teams and the team is going to struggle. Even Michigan st winning without Connor cook yesterday, they played one of the best defenses games in a big game I've ever seen and didn't throw for 100 yards.

So while I love dak and wouldn't trade him for anyone, that's just not a good justification to get mad about how the heisman is awarded.

The heisman is a popularity contest. Deshaun Watson of Clemson is probably getting an invite, yet he has less total yards and triple the amount of interceptions thrown than Dak.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 04:22 PM

valid,except they play in trash big 12. can u imagine the numbers dak would put up? cant really compare

what I do agree if the Heisman isn't a QB it's a joke.

msu4ever
11-22-2015, 04:56 PM

This is a true statement

dawgs
11-22-2015, 05:57 PM
valid,except they play in trash big 12. can u imagine the numbers dak would put up? cant really compare

what I do agree if the Heisman isn't a QB it's a joke.

Trevor knight didn't blow up the tcu D after mayfield went out.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Trevor knight didn't blow up the tcu D after mayfield went out.

sorry didn't really read and had to edit. so the backup qb didn't blow up the defense is thst what ur saying?... and?

Bothrops
11-22-2015, 06:56 PM
If Dak wins Saturday and still doesn't get an invite, I'm never watching that ceremony again

smootness
11-22-2015, 09:10 PM
If Dak wins Saturday and still doesn't get an invite, I'm never watching that ceremony again

Invites are decided solely on votes. If he has enough votes, he has to be invited. If he doesn't have enough votes, he can't be invited. It's that simple.

dawgs
11-22-2015, 11:56 PM
sorry didn't really read and had to edit. so the backup qb didn't blow up the defense is thst what ur saying?... and?

Point is lots of teams suck when their stud starting QB goes out of the game.

sleepy dawg
11-23-2015, 12:22 AM

If that's the case, then Fournette should not be invited either. Dak played way better against Bama than Fournette did.

JohnnyQuid
11-23-2015, 12:52 AM
Point is lots of teams suck when their stud starting QB goes out of the game.

umm no shit. what's that have to do with anything ? you've just confused me now lol.

my point has been the importance of qb play and why , unless an extreme case,a qb should be the heisman winner