PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- #RallyRoundTheFamily Edition

Coach34
11-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Short and sweet today:

1. Helluva job by Dansbury winning a game he wasnt supposed to win. UPig had won 5 of 6- playing very well with wins over Ole Missus and LSU on the road. We had gotten raped by Bammer. Yesterday showed the difference in LSU and State right now. Mullen got his team to rally round the family- he has real leaders on this football team. Miles has players laying down and bitching at each other. Just an outstanding job by Mullen and crew.

2. Dakota Prescott is legend. 4th All-time in SEC TD's. Top 10 in yardage All-time in SEC history. 290 yards away from breaking last year's passing yardage record at State. Just an outstanding performance last night. We did what we were supposed to- ride Bear and Fred to victory. We even used Holloway correctly. It was beautiful. Great gameplan and execution. Glad to see Fred #2 get a TD also- he's played his ass off this year.

3. Great comeback by the OL. Good job by Jenkins stepping in at RT. Protection was really good last night. I wish we would go back to running the counter play like OM is running now. We used to run it so well. But we did make a change in blocking scheme to break Holloway free off the edge last night. Good job coaches making that change.

4. Chris Jones is playing like a 1st round pick now. Dont know what happened- but the last 3 weeks he is playing like a top 15 pick. AJ played really well too. We were so close last night on getting at least 5 sacks- got to credit Allen for making the throws he did. The UPig play-action passing game is as good as it gets in college football- just tough to deal with right now.

5. We win the Egg and Fla loses to Fla State and Bama- we are going to the Sugar Bowl. No excuses for not winning the Egg at home. None. Nada. Zilch. Not on our ****ing field Fredo. Aint gonna happen Fredo.

6. Saturday- Mullen and Freezus are playing for who finishes higher in the West. Freezus has yet to finish ahead of Mullen- and he has to defy college football's biggest homefield advantage to do it. Good luck with that.

7. Our game next week comes down to our OL vs their disruptive DL and blitz packages. You cannot run sideways vs their defense- you will get gobbled up. Their Secondary is vulnerable to big plays- Dakota has got to have time to get the ball downfield. Hevesy and the OL game prep is paramount this week.

Fredo- this is you Saturday night- Little Brother is settling Family business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5GpcG4sc

Bubb Rubb
11-22-2015, 10:50 AM
We did get a lot of pressure on Allen last night, but I don't understand our blitzing philosophy. We blitz a lot, but we don't get there quick enough. We will blitz a backer or a safety, but we are so worried about not giving it away that we don't creep the line of scrimmage - we blitz from position. When that happens, we don't get there often enough, and of course, that usually means the QB is completing a pass somewhere. When you blitz, you gotta get there - no excuses - because you're compromising the defense otherwise.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 10:53 AM
I agree Bubb- we blitzed from 15 yards away multiple times last night- never gonna get there doing that. Dont understand why we do that either. We never get there doing that

sandjunky
11-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Hopefully Mullen doesn't give the team off for thanksgiving again I his year...

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 11:22 AM
I'd add one more key to next Saturday is Hughes and Townsend pulling off a miracle in that secondary. We can't have another repeat performance of last night. I don't think we can hang 50 on the Bears. Kelly is a thug but he can throw the ball. If he can survey the field he will shred our secondary. He can also run which adds to the difficulty. Our line has to get pressure but we have to be able to cover long enough for the pressure to get there.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2015, 11:26 AM
I agree Bubb- we blitzed from 15 yards away multiple times last night- never gonna get there doing that. Dont understand why we do that either. We never get there doing that

Like Jackie told JLD before he fired him, if you are going to blitz, you better get there. We never got there last night and their outlet was always wide open.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2015, 11:27 AM
Hopefully Mullen doesn't give the team off for thanksgiving again I his year...

Amen to that.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Also forgot to mention Clayborn playing hurt last night- great job by him

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 11:45 AM

I think the safeties were attempting to disguise the blitz a little too much. Hopefully, they'll work on that this week.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 11:50 AM
I think the safeties were attempting to disguise the blitz a little too much. Hopefully, they'll work on that this week.

well obviously- but we have been doing that year. We arent suddenly going to change in Game 12. It doesnt make sense to do that from 12-15 yards deep.

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 11:53 AM
I'd add one more key to next Saturday is Hughes and Townsend pulling off a miracle in that secondary. We can't have another repeat performance of last night. I don't think we can hang 50 on the Bears. Kelly is a thug but he can throw the ball. If he can survey the field he will shred our secondary. He can also run which adds to the difficulty. Our line has to get pressure but we have to be able to cover long enough for the pressure to get there.

Arkansas did a number on our safeties last night. They used their TE's as decoys, which caused us to triple cover some times (leaving wide ass open receivers). OM is not as disciplined. Kelly is more of a backyard brawler while Allen is more of a chess master when reading coverages. We'll put our guys in a lot of cover 2 situations and try to make Kelly throw a bad pass. They're going to score on us..... we just need to make sure we knock them on their ass and keep them there.

Saltydog
11-22-2015, 12:09 PM
the league but Engram isn't far behind and he torched us down the middle last year. Got to get that corrected and quick. Zach Jackson isn't the answer.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 12:14 PM
the league but Engram isn't far behind and he torched us down the middle last year. Got to get that corrected and quick. Zach Jackson isn't the answer.

We made Engram look much better than he is. He is a hell of an athlete, but nowhere near the complete player Henry is. Henry is so great because you have to respect him in every phase of the game, he can do it all. Engram is not that guy and if we scheme correctly he'll get some catches and yards but won't hurt us. I'm betting that we've got this figured out vs. the turd Collins laid last year.

drunkernhelldawg
11-22-2015, 12:23 PM

Coach34
11-22-2015, 12:24 PM

Their play-action game opens the middle alot more than what OM does. Our Secondary is what it is- the key for us on D is our DL handling them and stuffing their run game

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 12:33 PM
We could also use a career game from Calhoun. He's been solid but hasn't showed out much this year, would be great for him to have the kind of game he had in 2013 against the Rabble.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 12:45 PM
c34 pretty much nailed it. gave ya a little grief in the game thread about the 10 point loss business(I think) when we got up big. all in fun tho hope was took as such

can't even focus on the bball game today still riding the football high. whole hog half a ham Arkansas ain't worth a damn. woooooo

Sacrifice
11-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Our secondary has got to find a way to cover a reciever longer than 3 sec. I get playing 7-10 yards off but at some point you got to close the gap. Our DL was on Allen's ass quick but his recievers we're wide open quicker.

HSVDawg
11-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Kelly doesn't have the poise in the pocket that Allen does. If we pressure him and hit him early and often he will make bad throws and turn it over. Thats the key. Get 2 or 3 picks and we win. Every possession will count in this game.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Our secondary has got to find a way to cover a reciever longer than 3 sec. I get playing 7-10 yards off but at some point you got to close the gap. Our DL was on Allen's ass quick but his recievers we're wide open quicker.

alot of credit goes to Allen tho there were times he was under tremendous pressure didn't panic took the hit and got the ball out. but there's no arguing our secondary isn't where it should be,we've had some key injuries tho also

RougeDawg
11-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Nice write up. Great adjustments and gameplan from last week.

Why were we pressuring Allen's blindside and allowing him to roll right? Conventional wisdom says pressure his throwing side and force him to roll left if he rolls at all. Make his throws on the run more difficult. We insisted on pressure from the blind side and he continued to find someone on his rollouts. Other than that we did what we had to, despite being -3 in the turnover department. Just think how dodo cult it is to win on the road despite a -3 turnover margin. Without those and we win this one going away.

We will be ready for the Beav this week and will make them pay.

Sacrifice
11-22-2015, 01:24 PM
I agree Allen has poise but Kelly lives on getting rid of the ball quick. It won't matter how much pressure we bring if the balls gone in 3 sec. like we saw last night. We gotta find a way to take away Kellys first read.

mic
11-22-2015, 01:42 PM
We do one thing very well with our front 4 when we don't get heavy pressure.. We get our hands up in passing lanes..
Have to do that this weekend .. Kelly won't hold the ball longer than 2 seconds at times. Can't get to him , hands up , bat those balls down and get defelections..

Percho
11-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Like Jackie told JLD before he fired him, if you are going to blitz, you better get there. We never got there last night and their outlet was always wide open.

We do not get there because we do not cover receivers. You can not give receivers a 12 yard cushion and blitz.

Blackout
11-22-2015, 07:05 PM
We need to not play soft ass coverage

blacklistedbully
11-22-2015, 07:11 PM
I agree Allen has poise but Kelly lives on getting rid of the ball quick. It won't matter how much pressure we bring if the balls gone in 3 sec. like we saw last night. We gotta find a way to take away Kellys first read.

Kelly doesn't so much read as he throws it up for grabs and lets his receivers make the play. He has a lot of INT's but has gotten away with many more he would have had if not for terrific plays by his receivers.

He routinely stares down his receiver and, if covered, says, "what the hell" and chucks it up there anyway, or pulls it down and runs.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 07:30 PM

The thought against a team like Arkansas is that we'll catch them in play action. That takes time to develop, which is why you have a delayed blitz or a blitz coming from 15 yards away. It obviously didn't work, but that's because Brandon Allen is a stud.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Kelly doesn't so much read as he throws it up for grabs and lets his receivers make the play. He has a lot of INT's but has gotten away with many more he would have had if not for terrific plays by his receivers.

He routinely stares down his receiver and, if covered, says, "what the hell" and chucks it up there anyway, or pulls it down and runs.

Our CBs and Ss can't cover 240 lb TEs on a post pattern. He could send them a telegram and it wouldn't matter. We've got to disrupt the pocket and keep him from scrambling, but mostly were just going to have to out score them.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2015, 07:34 PM
We do not get there because we do not cover receivers. You can not give receivers a 12 yard cushion and blitz.

It's a weird strategy. Bring the house but play soft coverage.

Brando
11-22-2015, 07:43 PM
I remember last yr or the yr before when all the Arkansas fans were trying to give Allen away. He looked great last night and kudos to him.

I think NM will run a ton of quick passes to Treadwell and try to let him make a play. We cant let one wideout take out 2 DB's in a single block and let Paidwell get into the open field. Wether we like it or not, the dude can flat out ball. We have got to tackle the first time and miss. I think Lil Kim will be a non factor. I think we need to run the offense we ran against Arkansas and let Dak be Dak. I wish he would get the chance to run him over in the open field for a TD. I say we win by 7 and Egg comes home and we go to the Sugar Bowl. Suck it Ole Piss...

LC Dawg
11-22-2015, 08:09 PM

Kelly will definitely give us opportunities for interceptions. If we get our hands on it we have to catch it. Don't waste any opportunities.

Bubb Rubb
11-22-2015, 08:24 PM
The thought against a team like Arkansas is that we'll catch them in play action. That takes time to develop, which is why you have a delayed blitz or a blitz coming from 15 yards away. It obviously didn't work, but that's because Brandon Allen is a stud.

What was the thought in the other ten games? We've done this all year.

Todd4State
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Here are a couple of things I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

Part of the reason we had trouble getting sacks is because their o-line is the best in the SEC. We did get close numerous times but they were just able to block us enough plus move Allen just enough to get the play off. I think that speaks well of our d-line.

That game would not have been close without those three turnovers in the third quarter. We went from on the verge of blowing them out to down two scores in minutes.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 09:13 PM
What was the thought in the other ten games? We've done this all year.

I haven't noticed it nearly as much as I did last night, but could've just missed it. Against read option teams and teams that run a lot of play action it makes sense though, assuming it works. It obviously didn't last night.

Coach34
11-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I haven't noticed it nearly as much as I did last night, but could've just missed it. Against read option teams and teams that run a lot of play action it makes sense though, assuming it works. It obviously didn't last night.

We've done it for 11 games..makes no sense

BeastMan
11-22-2015, 10:15 PM
We do one thing very well with our front 4 when we don't get heavy pressure.. We get our hands up in passing lanes..
Have to do that this weekend .. Kelly won't hold the ball longer than 2 seconds at times. Can't get to him , hands up , bat those balls down and get defelections..

Kelly has a low release point. On some plays he even drops his shoulder and his whole body dips as he loads into the throw. It's a cannon when it comes out but he's had balls batted down this year. It would be nice to get a pick off a batted ball.

drunkernhelldawg
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Bottom line is that our secondary is going to have to make some plays. I'm up for another shootout, but we've got to get some stops, especially in the first quarter. One great thing about the Arkansas game is that we handily won the running game for the first time this season. Gonna need a little of that too.

Dental Dawg33
11-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Here are a couple of things I haven't seen mentioned in this thread.

Part of the reason we had trouble getting sacks is because their o-line is the best in the SEC. We did get close numerous times but they were just able to block us enough plus move Allen just enough to get the play off. I think that speaks well of our d-line.

That game would not have been close without those three turnovers in the third quarter. We went from on the verge of blowing them out to down two scores in minutes.

This^^^ UPig's OL is one of the best our front 4 have faced. Thought we got really good pressure, but Allen is no scrub either. Other than Dak, he is the hottest QB in the SEC right now.

Agree completely about the turnovers. At halftime, I said we would win 2-3 touchdowns easy....next thing you know 21 point swing in 5 minutes. This also kept our defense on the field with short field to defend. CANNOT do that against the bears. They can score pretty quickly and we have to pin them deep on their side of the field every time and give MGK time to make mistakes.

I believe we will get pressure on MGK, but we have got to keep him contained when he scrambles. The prick can run in open field and can hurt us bad, especially on 3rd and long.

But DAWGS are going to roll...Dak is going to have another monumental night and his teammates and the fans are going to rally behind. I can not wait