View Full Version : Bowl Game

BurgDawg
11-22-2015, 10:21 AM
What yall thinking best and worst case?

Best: Sugar
Worst: Gator?

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Worst case would mean we lose Saturday. 8 wins is that gray area where you can sneak into a good bowl or slide to a bad one. I think we have played our way out of the lower tier. So gator is a real shot or maybe tx bowl.

HSVDawg
11-22-2015, 10:47 AM
I think Sugar, Capital One, Gator, Outback, Citrus, Belk, and Texas bowls are all in play. We graduated out of the Birmingham / Music City / Liberty tier last night. I think if we win the Egg it will be Sugar, Capital One, Citrus, or Outback as worst case.

Quaoarsking
11-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Worst case is one of the 6 bowls that the SEC considers "equal": Texas, Liberty, Music City, Belk, Gator, Outback. Theoretically there's no difference whatsoever in those 6, so the Liberty and Music City are still in play.

If we win, we have an outside shot of sliding into the Sugar and a decent chance of getting the Citrus.

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2015, 10:51 AM
http://campusinsiders.com/news/sec-football-rankings-bowl-projections-after-week-12-11-22-2015

Apparently we need Alabama to lose and if we beat ourself we win the west wtf?!

Coach34
11-22-2015, 11:12 AM
We win Egg and Florida loses out- the Sugar wants us cause they know we will pack that mf'er. Up to us to make it happen

Quaoarsking
11-22-2015, 11:37 AM
We win Egg and Florida loses out- the Sugar wants us cause they know we will pack that mf'er. Up to us to make it happen

The Sugar Bowl's wants and desires mean nothing, unless the Sugar Bowl can whisper in the Committee's ears and get them to rig the rankings (which defeats the purpose of having an objective committee in the first place). If Alabama wins the SEC and goes to the Playoff, the Sugar Bowl bid goes to whoever is next highest in the final Committee top 25.

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 11:41 AM
The Sugar Bowl's wants and desires mean nothing, unless the Sugar Bowl can whisper in the Committee's ears and get them to rig the rankings (which defeats the purpose of having an objective committee in the first place). If Alabama wins the SEC and goes to the Playoff, the Sugar Bowl bid goes to whoever is next highest in the final Committee top 25.
Right now that'd be the Bears. Not sure what they'll move up to and LSU drop to but will we move up enough to where us beating them would allow us to jump them in the final poll?

HSVDawg
11-22-2015, 11:45 AM

I'm pretty sure that's what happened last year to get us to the Orange Bowl, though. We were behind Michigan State before the conference championship games and then mysteriously jumped ahead of them for the Orange Bowl slot despite neither team even playing that weekend. Only plausible reason is the Orange Bowl lobbied the committee for a team that could bring more fans. In reality, it's only important for the committee to be objective for the CFP teams. The rest of the NY6 games they can fill in as they choose, especially when there is little difference between the teams.

Statefan
11-22-2015, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what happened last year to get us to the Orange Bowl, though. We were behind Michigan State before the conference championship games and then mysteriously jumped ahead of them for the Orange Bowl slot despite neither team even playing that weekend. Only plausible reason is the Orange Bowl lobbied the committee for a team that could bring more fans. In reality, it's only important for the committee to be objective for the CFP teams. The rest of the NY6 games they can fill in as they choose, especially when there is little difference between the teams.

I agree with this. After the top 4, the rest is totally rigged for matchups and money purposes

Quaoarsking
11-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Right now that'd be the Bears. Not sure what they'll move up to and LSU drop to but will we move up enough to where us beating them would allow us to jump them in the final poll?

If we beat Ole Miss, we'll be 9-3 to their 8-4. My biggest concern is that the LSU/Texas A&M winner (who would also be 9-3) would jump back ahead of us based on the head-to-head victory.

You might be right. But our resume was indisputably stronger than Michigan State's last year, so it's also possible the Committee just got its head of out its ass for the only top 25 ranking that mattered.

I agree with this. After the top 4, the rest is totally rigged for matchups and money purposes

If that's true, I can't imagine the Sugar Bowl turning down an Oklahoma-Florida game for an Oklahoma-Mississippi State game. Remember a couple years ago (admittedly before the CFP era) when they chose mediocre Virginia Tech and Michigan (ranked in the double digits) when Kansas State and Boise State were both in the single digits and fell out of the BCS games altogether?

Bothrops
11-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Let's just win the EGGBOWL first.

Statefan
11-22-2015, 12:44 PM
I don't disagree with your last point, but I don't see how the committee could justify keeping UF as the highest ranked SEC team (after Bama) with losses in the next 2 games. I guess they could with close loses. But Florida has hovered at around 10th in the polls possibly because of the lack of strength of the east. I have to think with 2 losses, they will drop to around 20

Our biggest threat for a potential Sugar Bowl would be LSU/A&M. Best case is that LSU wins an ugly game and the fans want him fired. Also, with our proximity, i think the Sugar Bowl people know we would pack that place out. They were at the Bama-MSU game along with the Citrus Bowl folks so hopefully they were impressed with the crowd and atmosphere

Statefan
11-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Let's just win the EGGBOWL first.

Absolutely! But every message board in the country has some speculation of bowl destinations at this point in the season

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 12:53 PM
If we beat Ole Miss, we'll be 9-3 to their 8-4. My biggest concern is that the LSU/Texas A&M winner (who would also be 9-3) would jump back ahead of us based on the head-to-head victory.

But a win against OM would still make us 3rd in the West, which is technically better than 2nd in the East. Georgia is a mess. I'm comfortable with that. I don't foresee us going to the Sugar bowl, but we'll go to a good one.

Coursesuper
11-22-2015, 01:04 PM
The Sugar a Bowl committee want us or the Bears. LUS may not fill the place this year and they are concerned about that plus hotel space will not get filled by LSU. A&M is the wild card but the committee is not talking about them. I know this due to the fact that more than one of them are members at my club.

TUSK
11-22-2015, 01:13 PM

this is how bowls have (almost) always chosen their teams...

Coach34
11-22-2015, 01:18 PM
The Sugar a Bowl committee want us or the Bears. LUS may not fill the place this year and they are concerned about that plus hotel space will not get filled by LSU. A&M is the wild card but the committee is not talking about them. I know this due to the fact that more than one of them are members at my club.

This is the man to listen to- its going to be us or A&M in the Sugar- and I think we will be ranked higher plus having Dak will help

Jack Lambert
11-22-2015, 01:55 PM
I think Sugar, Capital One, Gator, Outback, Citrus, Belk, and Texas bowls are all in play. We graduated out of the Birmingham / Music City / Liberty tier last night. I think if we win the Egg it will be Sugar, Capital One, Citrus, or Outback as worst case.

If it's not the sugar please let it be in Florida.

Coursesuper
11-22-2015, 02:02 PM
If it's not the sugar please let it be in Florida.

If by some miracle Fla beats FSU and loses to the Bammers we are looking at the BWW Citrus bowl if we beat the Bears. If we don't I hear that the Belk wants us pretty badly. They know we will travel.

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2015, 02:07 PM
This is the man to listen to- its going to be us or A&M in the Sugar- and I think we will be ranked higher plus having Dak will help

Dak ending his career in his home state could be a nice finishing touch, plus it's close enough that I could go and that's what counts!