PDA

View Full Version : From the WTH category...What was up with Graves and Bell? Graves...

IMissJack
11-22-2015, 10:14 AM
missed the PAT at the most critical moment and barely snuck in about 3 more. Then on the next kickoff Bell on cue shanks it out of bounds. It seems like our ST seems to have mental farts at crucial times. I know, I know enjoy the game and forget it, but there is a history pattern here.

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Those two plays and the fumble on the kickoff return were nearly devastating. Worst special teams game we've played all year by far.

ScottH
11-22-2015, 11:46 AM
How about the 28 degrees affected the kicking?

That was the best guess we could come up with.

sleepy dawg
11-22-2015, 11:56 AM
missed the PAT at the most critical moment and barely snuck in about 3 more. Then on the next kickoff Bell on cue shanks it out of bounds. It seems like our ST seems to have mental farts at crucial times. I know, I know enjoy the game and forget it, but there is a history pattern here.

Well I've come to expect these things from Bell. I think that's the 3rd time he's had a kickoff go out of bounds this season. However, I don't know what happened to Graves there for a couple of kicks. He almost missed the kick before that one too.

maroonmania
11-22-2015, 12:29 PM
I've think we've seen enough to know that we will never be consistent with our kicking under Mullen. I'm just thankful Graves has been as good as he has been this year.

JohnnyQuid
11-22-2015, 12:58 PM
I've think we've seen enough to know that we will never be consistent with our kicking under Mullen. I'm just thankful Graves has been as good as he has been this year.

no reason to use absolutes , anything could happen. are we good this year? I think we're improved in some areas if nothing else. but never be good under mullen? not ready to go there yet

defiantdog
11-22-2015, 01:01 PM

Cold leg..... kickers need to do whatever it takes to keep warm on the sidelines. Graves will learn..... Bell is a lost cause.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Sobiesk & Graves have been about as solid as you can ask for at FG kicking the last 2yrs. They don't have booming legs but both are/were pretty automatic from 40 & in. In today's game that's about the most you can ask for.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Graves missed the extra point on purpose....

If he had made it the score would have been 45-42
Arkansas scores and instead of going for two, they would have kicked it to make it 45-49.
State scores and kicks the XP to make it 52-49.

On the last drive, Arkansas would not have run the clock down to kick a FG. They would have kept throwing until they scored again.

If not for the missed XP, we would not have had the play to block the FG. So, I'm sticking to my story that Graves missed it on purpose.

And yes, I'm just kidding.....but I am glad it worked out like it did otherwise that scenario just might have played out.