PDA

View Full Version : Winner of the Golden Egg to the Sugar?

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 12:34 AM
Florida is about to lose 2 in a row and not be that attractive with an anemic offense. No one else in the east is worthy of conversation.

Winner of the Egg is 9-3. Winner of A&M vs LSU could have an argument, especially is we win the egg. Who gets the #2 slot in the SEC (assuming Florida loses out)?

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Added: If Ole Miss wins, I think it's them for sure. They would've beaten us, A&M and LSU. If it's us, there's an argument to be had.

Quaoarsking
11-22-2015, 12:40 AM
As I said in the other thread on this very topic, it all hinges on Alabama winning out and going to Playoff and Florida losing the next 2.

At this point, one of these 3 teams goes to the Sugar:
10-3 Florida who finished weakly, beat no one notable, and almost lost to several terrible teams
9-3 Egg Bowl winner
9-3 LSU/Texas A&M winner

It will be in the Committee's hands.

IMissJack
11-22-2015, 12:43 AM
As I said in the other thread on this very topic, it all hinges on Alabama winning out and going to Playoff and Florida losing the next 2.

10-3 Florida who finished weakly, beat no one notable, and almost lost to several terrible teams
9-3 Egg Bowl winner
9-3 LSU/Texas A&M winner

Probably the Aggies...

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 12:44 AM

9-3 Egg Bowl winner
9-3 LSU/Texas A&M winner

Yeah. You laid it out better than I did, but that's my thoughts as well. I think Florida is in trouble and aren't attractive regardless if the committee has a choice. The winner of the egg bowl versus Oklahoma would be a dream matchup. Offense vs offense. Dak vs Baker. It could be an epic battle.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 12:51 AM
LSU and Texas A&M both beat us and are bigger brand names. On the other hand, both of them are playing like shit.

Our fans would fill the Superdome slap up. LSU probably won't because they all want their coach fired.

Statefan
11-22-2015, 12:53 AM
LSU and Texas A&M both beat us and are bigger brand names. On the other hand, both of them are playing like shit.

Our fans would fill the Superdome slap up. LSU probably won't because they all want their coach fired.

I think our only hope of a Sugar Bowl bid is if LSU wins that match up and looks terrible, and rumors of Les's firing ramp up

ScoobaDawg
11-22-2015, 01:12 AM
Yea I think even if win win this weekend, its a long shot.
Its not a long shot to believe UF loses out.
But either the LSU or A&M winner will likely be more attractive.
Plus once Bama gets picked for the playoff, I think Sugar get top pick from any of the remaining...
Will see where we jump back in all the rankings this week.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 01:19 AM
I think Louisiana Lafayette is more attractive than Louisiana State right now. A&M is ho hum right now too. We've got the playmaker over them. If they had Johnny Football still I'd think it's a no brainer, but I think Dak may help us edge it out in the committee's eyes.

starkvegasdawg
11-22-2015, 05:19 AM
Don't know if we get the Sugar but this 8th win at least guaranteed we don't go to Memphis or Nashville I would think.

Coursesuper
11-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Florida is about to lose 2 in a row and not be that attractive with an anemic offense. No one else in the east is worthy of conversation.

Winner of the Egg is 9-3. Winner of A&M vs LSU could have an argument, especially is we win the egg. Who gets the #2 slot in the SEC (assuming Florida loses out)?

I can add this much. I work in NOLA, I have several members that are on the Sugar Bowl committee, I was told by one of them yesterday " yall need to win out, we want you here. We do not want anything to do with Fla they wont travel and state would put 50k here. ". If we can win out we have a great chance to be the highest ranked team left from the SEC.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2015, 08:42 AM
I can add this much. I work in NOLA, I have several members that are on the Sugar Bowl committee, I was told by one of them yesterday " yall need to win out, we want you here. We do not want anything to do with Fla they wont travel and state would put 50k here. ". If we can win out we have a great chance to be the highest ranked team left from the SEC.
We have a HUGE rep for travelling well. And Sugar knows it. I hope we get it. My kids are marching at the game, and the band has been raising money since May. All the UGA fans here will be disappointed, but my two future FMBers will be pumped!