PDA

View Full Version : Bear needs to use his hands more

tireddawg
11-22-2015, 12:02 AM
catching the ball instead of his body so much. Should he come back next year to work on it? What other things do yall see he needs work on?

Bucky Dog
11-22-2015, 12:24 AM
I kept texting this exact thing to a friend all night. He tried to cradle it in his hands and that is what caused the INT. he needs to start catching it with hands out and palms down. The NFL will not like that, but I'm assuming they will teach him. But, you would assume our coaches see it as well. Even on those slant routes he lets them hit him in the gut.

Political Hack
11-22-2015, 12:38 AM
This is why I've been saying he absolutely does not need to go pro. He'll plummet once the scouts see the film. His size doesn't help if he's not high pointing the ball with his hands. He uses his arms and chest. That won't fly in the NFL. The INT that bounced off his face tonight when he tried to extend his hands is example 1A. I love me some Bear, but he's not ready for the NFL yet. He's a great college WR and can be a good NFL WR with work, but he needs to stay and work on using his hands.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 12:59 AM
I am surprised he is not an endzone jump ball weapon. I think I have never seen him just out jump a guy for a high lob pass.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 01:00 AM
One thing Bear is though... He is a damn monster with downfield blocking. He straight up abuses people.