PDA

View Full Version : Still a chance at the Sugar Bowl?

Quaoarsking
11-21-2015, 11:57 PM
The Sugar Bowl is guaranteed to take an SEC team, no matter what. Either the SEC champion, or if the SEC Champion goes to the Playoff, then whoever is the next highest in the final playoff rankings.

Florida and LSU would seem like the most likely. But if Florida loses to Florida State and then to Alabama, they'll be 10-3 with a bunch of close calls to terrible teams and no real impressive wins. LSU has sleepwalked to the finish line, and could lose to Texas A&M next week to fall to 8-4. The Egg Bowl winner will be 9-3.

I don't think it's crazy to think if we win the Egg Bowl, we could get ranked ~15th or so and sneak ahead of both Florida and LSU.

Schultzy
11-22-2015, 12:01 AM
I would buy tickets and take the fam to the Superdome for that.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2015, 12:06 AM
Yes

SDDawg
11-22-2015, 12:09 AM
I think Florida will have to lose to FSU and then to Bama badly for this to happen, but I would personally love to see it!

RIdog
11-22-2015, 12:09 AM
I think we would have to be in the ranked in the top 12 since it's a New Year's Six game ?

Quaoarsking
11-22-2015, 12:43 AM
I think we would have to be in the ranked in the top 12 since it's a New Year's Six game ?

No, the Sugar Bowl is guaranteed to take an SEC team, even if there isn't a top 12 team available.

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 12:53 AM
I think Florida will have to lose to FSU and then to Bama badly for this to happen, but I would personally love to see it!

Both FSU and Bama will kick the shit out of Florida.

Dawg61
11-22-2015, 12:56 AM
Both FSU and Bama will kick the shit out of Florida.

Doubt it. McElwain is working some magic in Gainsville right now. With the backup QB too. Impressive

PassInterference
11-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Did you watch today's UF game?

Dawg61
11-22-2015, 01:03 AM
Did you watch today's UF game?

Yes. They won ugly cause they play FSU and Bama next two weeks.

HSVDawg
11-22-2015, 01:19 AM
Doubt it. McElwain is working some magic in Gainsville right now. With the backup QB too. Impressive

McElwain isn't working shit. The only one in Gainesville working any magic is Geoff Collins. Without that defense they would be below .500 most likely. Offense is atrocious.

BulldogDX55
11-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes. They won ugly cause they play FSU and Bama next two weeks.

Florida. Atlantic. University.

There is no excuse for the clinched SEC East champions to "win ugly" against a 2-9 CUSA squad. None.

msudawg1200
11-22-2015, 10:04 AM
The Sugar Bowl is guaranteed to take an SEC team, no matter what. Either the SEC champion, or if the SEC Champion goes to the Playoff, then whoever is the next highest in the final playoff rankings.

Florida and LSU would seem like the most likely. But if Florida loses to Florida State and then to Alabama, they'll be 10-3 with a bunch of close calls to terrible teams and no real impressive wins. LSU has sleepwalked to the finish line, and could lose to Texas A&M next week to fall to 8-4. The Egg Bowl winner will be 9-3.

I don't think it's crazy to think if we win the Egg Bowl, we could get ranked ~15th or so and sneak ahead of both Florida and LSU.

It could very well happen. The Sugar is contractually bound, when not hosting a playoff game, to take the SEC Champion(if not in a playoff game), or the next highest ranked SEC team. Right now UF is 9, LSU is 15, and the Bears 22. I think when the next poll comes out UF will probably stay around 9 or drop to 10. LSU drops out, the Bears probably move up to 17-18, and we jump in at around 22. If FSU and Bama both beat UF pretty good they'll probably fall to somewhere around 20-22. That means the EGG winner will become the highest ranked SEC team outside of the champion.