PDA

View Full Version : One positive about our defense tonight:

Jacksondevildog
11-21-2015, 11:08 PM
As bad as the coverage was on pass defense, they completely took Collins out of the equation tonight. I don't remember a run from him longer than 7 or so. Most were 3 yards or so.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2015, 11:12 PM
As bad as the coverage was on pass defense, they completely took Collins out of the equation tonight. I don't remember a run from him longer than 7 or so. Most were 3 yards or so.

Yeah, can't give Manny credit for making adjustments anymore. Once it became clear that our front 4 was stopping the run, Manny should have done what Bama did to us and that's drop 6/7 in coverage. That was some of the softest coverage I have ever seen. We gave the TE's free releases, and we sag off on blitzes. Very weird.

Sacrifice
11-21-2015, 11:14 PM
I thought our DL dominated tonight. Secondary just couldn't keep up with the receivers for more than 3 sec.

Bothrops
11-21-2015, 11:25 PM
I thought our DL dominated tonight.

They did. They did. It was beautiful what they did upfront.

Taog Redloh
11-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Arkansas offense, and Brandon Allen, is just GOOD. It wasn't Manny's fault.

Our problems tonight were the fumbles and the INT. And ******* insistance to not kick the damned ball out the back of the end zone.

Dawg496
11-21-2015, 11:30 PM
We had stopped their offense pretty well when we were up 31-14. Those three straight TOs let them get back in a rhythm and gain confidence.

They only scored one time in the second half that wasn't off of a turnover.

sandwolf
11-21-2015, 11:37 PM

No doubt about that. They only had 73 rushing yards on the night.

DancingRabbit
11-21-2015, 11:38 PM

Our problems tonight were the fumbles and the INT. And ******* insistance to not kick the damned ball out the back of the end zone.

Sure, it makes me nervous but I suspect their average starting position was inside the the 25.

HSVDawg
11-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Yeah, can't give Manny credit for making adjustments anymore. Once it became clear that our front 4 was stopping the run, Manny should have done what Bama did to us and that's drop 6/7 in coverage. That was some of the softest coverage I have ever seen. We gave the TE's free releases, and we sag off on blitzes. Very weird.

We had several plays where we only rushed 3 and Allen still found somebody wide open. It started to get comical. One thing is for sure, at least we can't play any worse next week.

Irondawg
11-22-2015, 12:05 AM
The problem was ARK did a good job of moving 83 around and hiding him and we kept falling for it when when our secondary basically has to make sure they find the TE's because those were the primary reads almost all night. Our main problem in the secondary is that besides Calhoun we don't have a single guy that I would say has ball skills. ARK coverage was terrible as well but on occassion they made a nice play on the ball.

Allen did make some beautiful throws under duress though. If I'm Memphis once I lose my coach I'd be looking at the ARK OC.

War Machine Dawg
11-22-2015, 12:12 AM

Only problem: Northern Miss doesn't give a shit about running the ball. They gonna air it out to Paidwell, Corre, and Pack.

Maroons
11-22-2015, 12:27 AM

This. Allen was awesome moving around to avoid pressure and throwing darts with accuracy. Not much we could do to rattle him.