PDA

View Full Version : Hate to burst some bubbles

Django_DB
08-01-2013, 11:10 AM
But Freeze ain't beaten MSU with preaching. If you want to check on something, look at the 4 from Callaway. Since they signed, they have moved into nicer houses. This isn't something I think. It's something I know. I bet those addresses haven't been changed with the jps office.

msstate7
08-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Well they haven't actually signed.

This got me thinking though. What's to keep these recruits and boosters honest? Lets say I give some kid a car to sign with state and he signs with bama. What can I do? If I tell him once he signs, I'll give him car. Then he signs and I don't give him car. What can he do? How do you trust in cheating?

maroonmania
08-01-2013, 11:23 AM

This got me thinking though. What's to keep these recruits and boosters honest? Lets say I give some kid a car to sign with state and he signs with bama. What can I do? If I tell him once he signs, I'll give him car. Then he signs and I don't give him car. What can he do? How do you trust in cheating?

There is honor among thieves I guess. Luckily, since we have Bracky and his minions, we don't have to worry about this problem.

Coach34
08-01-2013, 11:24 AM
If all 4 have indeed moved- then that becomes a story and is more than a coincidence

Django_DB
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
You're right, I meant committed. But they have moved into nicer houses. Easy to check

msstate7
08-01-2013, 11:40 AM
If all 4 have indeed moved- then that becomes a story and is more than a coincidence
Unfortunately incarcerated bob is the only media interested. Unless someone gets Kyle veazey interested...

J-Dawg
08-01-2013, 11:40 AM
You're right, I meant committed. But they have moved into nicer houses. Easy to check

All it takes is a screenshot, a scan, a pdf, a photo or something sent to the right people to make this a story. All I'm sayin'. Get it out on one of the blogs or Bleacher Report and it'll grow.

Coach 57
08-01-2013, 11:41 AM
We have a current player who played last year who got a "knot" from our Bear friends. But obviously signed with us.

RougeDawg
08-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Unless someone gets Kyle veazey interested...

He lives for these types of stories, and I think he honestly knows OM is cheating, but just hasn't had the concrete, indisputable evidence to nail them.

I'm still trying to get him to talk to me about the CJ Johnson stuff. Just wanted to give him the names, items, and place/date of those transactions.

SignalToNoise
08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
We have a current player who played last year who got a "knot" from our Bear friends. But obviously signed with us.

Sorry to be so obtuse, but what does this mean?

deltadawg99
08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Is there any actual proof that they moved? If there was than Veazey should definitely be informed

Coach34
08-01-2013, 01:03 PM
you can check where their recruiting mail was being sent before and where it's being sent now

hailmari
08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately incarcerated bob is the only media interested. Unless someone gets Kyle veazey interested...

Nobody wants to be told they're being sued.

MSUDawg4Life
08-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe Kyle Veazey would be interested in writing that story if you placed the information in his lap.

msstate7
08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe Kyle Veazey would be interested in writing that story if you placed the information in his lap.

I don't know. I do know he's the one pressing ole miss for the compliance emails

deltadawg99
08-01-2013, 04:51 PM
The problem is unless you can prove it nothing will ever come of it. CJ Johnson posts pictures of his new ride and everybody knows he didn't pay for it, but there was no way to prove that he didn't.

In order for them to get caught, a former player or a transfer that was unhappy is going to have to go to the press with proof (names of who gave them money, dates, details etc.). That is what happened to SMU back in the day. It started when 2 guys opened up their mouths with details and provided the press with evidence. I remember Chaz Ramsey and some other former Auburn players talked about getting paid before, but they didn't know any specific names or give details.

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 04:55 PM
SMU was thirty years ago. It's probably better to look at how USC got busted with Reggie Bush over houses I believe just because it was more recent and I don't think the NCAA wil ever hand out the death penalty ever again.

ghostofjackie
08-01-2013, 05:00 PM
He lives for these types of stories, and I think he honestly knows OM is cheating, but just hasn't had the concrete, indisputable evidence to nail them.

I'm still trying to get him to talk to me about the CJ Johnson stuff. Just wanted to give him the names, items, and place/date of those transactions.

OK so let's hear them.....This is a good forum for spouting that type shit. Since they can't defend themselves here.

Todd4State
08-01-2013, 05:04 PM

I know that they've gotten burned before because we have some players on our roster that were given money by their boosters and still went to MSU anyway. Risk/reward I guess. When they "help" a player, they're not going to go run to the NCAA if that player goes against their wishes because in effect they would be turning themselves in. I suspect that the bigger stuff comes later- cars, whatever, etc. I've also heard of players being paid installments monthly but they do it in ways that aren't obvious- handshakes, money given to a family member in the form of a job, etc.

One thing I've noticed is that they like to get the family involved and I think doing that helps with any covering up as well as influence. Especially if you have a kid that's a good kid, but maybe his family or some people in his family are a little shady.

What's sad to me is a LOT of times- I would say the majority- you're talking about a kid that is coming from a poor background and their family truly needs the money. That doesn't make the kid bad. And that's why the NCAA has seriously had discussions about stipends and things like that for players.

The Croom Diaries
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
If you send me information I will make a story out of it. Even if it has some holes. I am not a journalist so I don't have an editor telling me no. Thecroomdiaries@yahoo.com

sbcmortgageman
08-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Give your info to Croom diaries. I like that.

MaroonState
08-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Don't we have some alums that are PI's?? They could do some checking. It's not like we don't owe them for that.

Skyhawk
08-02-2013, 06:26 AM
It is not necessarily true. It is just your own guess and the reality is that they have been signed up and have a significant value.
You need to search it more to have a clear idea.I think it is a better way for you to get a clear idea.

SaltyDawg
08-02-2013, 08:15 AM
It is not necessarily true. It is just your own guess and the reality is that they have been signed up and have a significant value.
You need to search it more to have a clear idea.I think it is a better way for you to get a clear idea.

Yeah....

Jack Lambert
08-02-2013, 08:38 AM
OK so let's hear them.....This is a good forum for spouting that type shit. Since they can't defend themselves here.

Who cares if they can't defend themselves. It's a Miss State message board. If they don't like it, Well..........

Political Hack
08-02-2013, 09:11 AM

I can't decide if I think you're the dust or one of Mr. David's boys. Hard to tell the difference between the two.

sbcmortgageman
08-02-2013, 09:13 AM

What tha what??

yakalot
08-02-2013, 09:27 AM
I can't decide if I think you're the dust or one of Mr. David's boys. Hard to tell the difference between the two.

Can't be sevendust, no misspellings, no "I done"s and no "threw"s.

deltadawg99
08-02-2013, 09:37 AM
SMU was thirty years ago. It's probably better to look at how USC got busted with Reggie Bush over houses I believe just because it was more recent and I don't think the NCAA wil ever hand out the death penalty ever again.

I wasn't talking about them getting the death penalty, I was just talking about how you need proof in order for somebody to get in trouble.

SignalToNoise
08-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor? We have clearance, Clarence. Over, Under.

Saltydog
08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
to even think paying the players would stop cheating.

TUSK
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Yall (MSU & UM) need to learn to "cheat well with one another"...

Bad things can happen to everyone when you start a war over these things...

Everyone does it to some extent, and as long as no one is goin' all "Cecil Newton", ya gotta let some things slide...

Coach34
08-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Yall (MSU & UM) need to learn to "cheat well with one another"...

Bad things can happen to everyone when you start a war over these things...

Everyone does it to some extent, and as long as no one is goin' all "Cecil Newton", ya gotta let some things slide...

Being that they have turned us in the last 2 times we have gotten on probation because of their jealousy that we are passing them by, I dont see it happening

BeastMan
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Last 2 is being nice

codeDawg
08-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Being that they have turned us in the last 2 times we have gotten on probation because of their jealousy that we are passing them by, I dont see it happening

^^^^^ This 1,000 times.

I think what we have is a fan base that is just tired of playing by different rules. We are tired of being the team that never defends itself, never plays the game aggressively, and never goes on the offensive when we know what's coming. While UM is literally running recruits around Oxford with their star players throwing around drugs, alcohol, sluts, and cash at them, we're throwing costume parties in the weight room and serving Big-K while kids are wasting half their eligibility because of a couple handshakes and a discount on an old car. WHAT THE ****, Bracky, WHAT THE ****.

I know we play some of the game, but I'm sick of seeing our team get pushed around like little bitches while UM does whatever the hell it wants. I don't want to hear any whining about lawyers and money and whatever. We have all that stuff too. Despite what UM wants us to believe, there is no disparity between the two of us financially, politically, or any other way. The difference is UM is willing to go all the way in to win at recruiting. We are not.

You know why DeWiener ratted us out over nothing? It wasn't just that UM alums were paying him and pushing him. It was that we were not. You know why Alabama and Auburn don't get in trouble? Because they pay people to STFU. That's all it takes. There have been investigators all over Memphis looking for evidence against the Alabama schools. There has been plenty of it to find too, but you know what, the folks that knew things one day, suddenly got cloudy on it the next. The color green apparently makes people forget things.

I couldn't give two shits about those kids getting new houses. I wish we could give new houses to every kid that plays at MSU. They deserve them. The inequity between the money the schools, ESPN, shoe companies, hell, even the the hot dog vendors make off of the relentless effort these kids put in is morally repugnant. Anybody who thinks the education and other minor benefits these kids get from being football players is fair and satisfactory doesn't understand economics. I will never look down on a family that takes compensation for what their kids are bringing to the table for the school.

That being said, those aren't the rules. Neither are the ones that the NCAA has written down, because they don't enforce them unless you put something in the press that can't be ignored. We need to quit bitching about what UM is doing and get to playing the same game everyone else is. We have the right staff to make leaps and bounds forward, but we need the talent to take the next step. We won't get that talent unless we are willing to compete for it.

Dawgdom
08-02-2013, 11:46 AM
I would like to be the first to welcome Les Miles to the board.

Welcome sir, I hope that your time here is on par the attitude that permeates through the vortex of life's nodules.

I seen it dawg
08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Can't be sevendust, no misspellings, no "I done"s and no "threw"s.

I seen that

Coach34
08-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Codedawg with a dead, solid perfect post

I seen it dawg
08-02-2013, 12:34 PM
L
^^^^^ This 1,000 times.

I think what we have is a fan base that is just tired of playing by different rules. We are tired of being the team that never defends itself, never plays the game aggressively, and never goes on the offensive when we know what's coming. While UM is literally running recruits around Oxford with their star players throwing around drugs, alcohol, sluts, and cash at them, we're throwing costume parties in the weight room and serving Big-K while kids are wasting half their eligibility because of a couple handshakes and a discount on an old car. WHAT THE ****, Bracky, WHAT THE ****.

I know we play some of the game, but I'm sick of seeing our team get pushed around like little bitches while UM does whatever the hell it wants. I don't want to hear any whining about lawyers and money and whatever. We have all that stuff too. Despite what UM wants us to believe, there is no disparity between the two of us financially, politically, or any other way. The difference is UM is willing to go all the way in to win at recruiting. We are not.

You know why DeWiener ratted us out over nothing? It wasn't just that UM alums were paying him and pushing him. It was that we were not. You know why Alabama and Auburn don't get in trouble? Because they pay people to STFU. That's all it takes. There have been investigators all over Memphis looking for evidence against the Alabama schools. There has been plenty of it to find too, but you know what, the folks that knew things one day, suddenly got cloudy on it the next. The color green apparently makes people forget things.

I couldn't give two shits about those kids getting new houses. I wish we could give new houses to every kid that plays at MSU. They deserve them. The inequity between the money the schools, ESPN, shoe companies, hell, even the the hot dog vendors make off of the relentless effort these kids put in is morally repugnant. Anybody who thinks the education and other minor benefits these kids get from being football players is fair and satisfactory doesn't understand economics. I will never look down on a family that takes compensation for what their kids are bringing to the table for the school.

That being said, those aren't the rules. Neither are the ones that the NCAA has written down, because they don't enforce them unless you put something in the press that can't be ignored. We need to quit bitching about what UM is doing and get to playing the same game everyone else is. We have the right staff to make leaps and bounds forward, but we need the talent to take the next step. We won't get that talent unless we are willing to compete for it.

I DMN SURE SEEN THAT!!! Great post.

FlabLoser
08-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Motion to start a Elitedawgs Remember forum.

Political Hack
08-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I think it should be called the "and one time, at band camp" forum.

engie
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Codedawg, I love your post and I agree with the entire premise. But there is still a basic, fundamental difference between us and them.

Their boosters aren't acting in a vacuum -- we know that their coaches are actually directing some of what's going on. . Of course, we can't "prove" it in the traditional sense at this point or I presume we would have. "XXXXX, calm down -- talk to your Aunt -- she's very happy with our deal"... That was a phone conversation between an OM coach and a recruit that was overheard in the Memphis airport by an MSU fan that may/may not post here. Secondhand info is about as good as it gets on this kind of thing...

In that way, we will never match it -- because there is very little/no coordination between our boosters and coaches -- since our coaches choose to remain in the dark about things. Rightly so -- we saw what happened to Mirando simply for knowing what's going on. Our boosters aren't going to go drop big $$ on a kid that may/may not be a priority to our coaches -- and without the two working in conjunction, it's really hard to cheat effectively on many levels.

At this point, we CAN NOT play their game -- because WE ARE the ones on probation, for what basically amounts to a 7 year sentence that we fall under the repeat offenders clause that hammered us in the early 00s(over what would have been a minor violation).

They are going to beat us in recruiting until some combination of the following things happen:
1) They join us on probation -- hopefully under worse overall terms
2) We get rid of Bracky and get a LEGIT compliance office together full of lawyers and former NCAA officials
3) Our coaches start playing the game -- at least with the highest level of boosters

codeDawg
08-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Great points, engie. I agree with you totally, but let me add to that. Don't you think one of the reasons the staff wants to be in the dark because they know that nobody in the athletics department has their back? Great point point on Mirando. He was fired for (among other things) knowing what was going on, which made him a liability because Bracky was going to put a poor kid on the sacrificial alter to keep the big bad NCAA boogeyman at bay. That's bullshit. Do you think Trooper Taylor would have gone out like that? Do you think Auburn would have let Trooper get into that position? Hell no.

To your points, I think number 2 is paramount. The ability to defend ourselves is what allows us to operate reasonably while on probation. Look at our history of probations and look at what the actual infractions where. Aside from the Jackie witchhunt, it's all been bullshit that any reasonable university should be able to defend itself from. Even the things Jackie was nailed on were minor. How is a coach supposed to operate if he doesn't feel secure that he will be defended?

The climate that we are operating in now different than what we are trying to operate in. The SEC wants schools to do whatever they can and the SEC office is defending those schools. In that environment we went and turned in Cam. WHAT THE **** ARE WE DOING. The world is telling us it's a free for all and we're sitting around with our thumbs up our asses tattling on other schools.

Instead of worrying about everybody else, let's worry about us. We will never the school of cocaine and blowjobs. That's just not our personality, and that kind of culture has proven to work itself out year-in and year-out up there. When you let Marshall Henderson run around with your star players and recruits, I just don't know how you expect that to end well.

The athletic department needs to get it's house in order, and the other things will work themselves out.