11-21-2015, 12:20 PM
4 wins vs OM
2 wins vs Middle Tenn and Tenn-Martin
4 wins vs losing record UPig, Vandy, and Mizzou
1 win vs 6-6 UPig

We have beaten UPig 3 in a row though

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:22 PM
I would love to get rid of the Bama, Arkansas, Ole Miss back to back to back stretch. We badly need a weak OOC in that stretch.

Coach34
11-21-2015, 12:24 PM
yep- notice Bama has a softie before Auburn

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:25 PM
4 wins vs OM
1 win vs 6-6 UPig

Cool

DanDority
I would love to get rid of the Bama, Arkansas, Ole Miss back to back to back stretch. We badly need a weak OOC in that stretch.

Well, last year we did play a BAD Vandy team between Arkansas and Ole Miss.

starkvegasdawg

Maybe better than AU*

defiantdog
11-21-2015, 12:44 PM

Auburn also plays a softie before Bama. They schedule it that way every year for some reason.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2015, 12:50 PM
If some of you want to know how stupid you sound, here is an LSU board member talking about Les Miles.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25383783/lsu-board-member-les-miles-status-uncertain-even-if-he-wins-next-two

There is a disease is college football right now that fans are contracting, due to more media coverage and games on TV than ever before. It's ridiculous

Just because you make money as a condom rep, doesn't mean you know shit about football. Imagine if millions of people watched your every move and every time you lost a condom deal, they critiqued you by saying, "it's not that you lost the condom deal, it's how you lost it." Imagine if everything you did on a daily basis in your condom career was watched by millions on TV.

Now, coaches make tons of money so it's hard to feel terrible for them, but college football fans and especially those with money and some power have become completely irrational and retarded.

In this environment, MSU's best option is stability and level headed, big picture thinking. That's what real smart people do.

BrunswickDawg
11-21-2015, 12:59 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

Spot on man.

Statefan
11-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Had to look it up

Kyle Wittingham is 13-14 in the same time frame
0-8 against ranked teams
2 of those years were in the MWC

smootness
11-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Had to look it up

0-8 against ranked teams
2 of those years were in the MWC

Whoooops

mic
11-21-2015, 01:04 PM

For the last 6 years...
A lot of sec schools use this week as an "off" week..
It's bs the sec allows this for certain schools every year.
Should be a rotation with all the schools with this..

Jack Lambert
11-21-2015, 01:05 PM

The thing is Bama goes out and pays big money to have softies at home just for one game where we have to do a 1 for 2 in order to get them and we end up having to play them when we can then the SEC makes their schedules around those.

My biggest pee is why does Bama never play at 11:00 or Thursday?

BoomBoom
11-21-2015, 01:16 PM
If some of you want to know how stupid you sound, here is an LSU board member talking about Les Miles.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25383783/lsu-board-member-les-miles-status-uncertain-even-if-he-wins-next-two

There is a disease is college football right now that fans are contracting, due to more media coverage and games on TV than ever before. It's ridiculous

Just because you make money as a condom rep, doesn't mean you know shit about football. Imagine if millions of people watched your every move and every time you lost a condom deal, they critiqued you by saying, "it's not that you lost the condom deal, it's how you lost it." Imagine if everything you did on a daily basis in your condom career was watched by millions on TV.

Now, coaches make tons of money so it's hard to feel terrible for them, but college football fans and especially those with money and some power have become completely irrational and retarded.

In this environment, MSU's best option is stability and level headed, big picture thinking. That's what real smart people do.

that works both ways. people can become emotionally tied to a coach, and not want them criticized, nor be capable of honestly assessing their performance. just as fans can develop an irrational belief that their school can never be a winner.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2015, 01:17 PM
4 wins vs OM
1 win vs 6-6 UPig

We have also struggled to beat Bama.

Dawg61
11-21-2015, 01:20 PM

What does any of that have to do with our November struggles?

Coach34
11-21-2015, 01:23 PM

And just because you have a message board name- doesnt mean you will be allowed to post.

I am the son of a coach- and coached myself for 13 years. I know exactly what the business is like. Lecture someone else and stay away from the personal shit. All I did was post his November record- if it bothers you what it shows then thats not my problem.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:23 PM
What does any of that have to do with our November struggles?

Kinda what I was thinking.

Coach34
11-21-2015, 01:24 PM
that works both ways. people can become emotionally tied to a coach, and not want them criticized, nor be capable of honestly assessing their performance. just as fans can develop an irrational belief that their school can never be a winner.

absolutely

War Machine Dawg
11-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, that has nothing to do with our annual Murderer's Row stretch of about 5 straight SEC games to end the season, including Bama-Hogs-Northern Miss back-to-back-to-back.*****

Seriously, how are we virtually the only team in the SEC that doesn't get either an OOC cupcake this weekend or have their two big rivalry games back-to-back? I'd swap a September OOC game for Arkansas in a heartbeat. Strick needs to grow a pair and raise holy hell with the SEC office to get this garbage November schedule fixed.

Dawg61
11-21-2015, 01:35 PM
And just because you have a message board name- doesnt mean you will be allowed to post.

I am the son of a coach- and coached myself for 13 years. I know exactly what the business is like. Lecture someone else and stay away from the personal shit. All I did was post his November record- if it bothers you what it shows then thats not my problem.

Lol Liverpool and Shotgun in the same week. Hot diggity dog we gonna beat the Hog!!!

TopDog58
11-21-2015, 01:44 PM

Thats a big problem with some on this board. They deify MSU coaches and athletes and believe that they are not allowed to be criticized or second guessed. They also claim that that criticism is a personal attack when it is not. Its just that, criticism. Sorry, but a 4MM dollar salary doesnt buy you immunity

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Lol Liverpool and Shotgun in the same week. Hot diggity dog we gonna beat the Hog!!!

Did Liverpool get banned? What did I miss?

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Thats a big problem with some on this board. They deify MSU coaches and athletes and believe that they are not allowed to be criticized or second guessed. They also claim that that criticism is a personal attack when it is not. Its just that, criticism. Sorry, but a 4MM dollar salary doesnt buy you immunity

Yep. And they think anyone that dares criticize our best coach ever, must want him fired or hates him. There is a serious Genespage-ish epidemic on this board lately.

I agree with anyone that bashes a poster for wanting Dan gone...because that is crazy as of right now. That being said, criticizing mistakes or plays is totally normal and deserves no backlash from Poor Ole MSU fans that think every criticism is a vote for firing Dan...it's not.

Hell, I criticize the shit out of Dan, but I 100% want him as our coach. I just don't feel like I have to make a high fiving thread every time he does something well. That's what the 4 mil a year is for, ha.

Coach34
11-21-2015, 01:54 PM
They are both of temporary vacations

preachermatt83
11-21-2015, 01:56 PM

Yes!!!!! Send TopDog with em.

Gatordog
11-21-2015, 02:12 PM
I would rather play bammer the first week and get this crape out of the way so we can focus on kicking ass the rest of the year! Dam I hate bammer week. It was the only week Croom cared about and its the only week Dan has no clue about! We get so dam discouraged and the only winner is the pig. I am sick and tired of having the pig sandwiched perfectly between Bama and the northern spanish bears. When the pig isn't scheduled in that position we win.

SDDawg
11-21-2015, 02:22 PM
We will win out! WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER??!!??!! LMAO

Coach34
11-21-2015, 02:30 PM
We will win out! WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER??!!??!! LMAO

Clayborn may not be able to go- we're ****ed

defiantdog
11-21-2015, 02:43 PM

You think we pull Williams redshirt on this one?

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2015, 02:43 PM

I've noticed it has been a nice couple days without having to listen to liverpools shit every day

GreenheadDawg
11-21-2015, 02:44 PM

****. That's not good. Not good at all

SDDawg
11-21-2015, 02:47 PM

That is concerning. Somebody will need to step up in a huge way.

preachermatt83
Claybourn is the only O-Lineman we have worth seeing the feild.

Dawg61
There's really no perfect solution. We have to play all 6 SEC West teams every year and most likely all but maybe one (if we are lucky) will be very tough games no matter how we schedule it. Then we have two from the East, Kentucky and half the time a very tough opponent (Florida, Georgia, Tennessee). I like the way Florida schedules lately. They are done with SEC play already. I don't say schedule exactly like that but if we had started the season vs Arkansas instead of USM it would help us a lot right now.

Bama
Arkansas
Ole Miss

or

Bama
USM
Ole Miss

Which one gives us a better chance to beat Arkansas and Ole Miss? I think we have a much better chance to beat Arkansas AND Ole Miss by breaking them far apart in the schedule and using our cupcakes better. Of course once we fix this part of our schedule we will then have a problem with LSU, Auburn, aTm part of the schedule.

Here's an idea.

Kentucky
Arkansas
Cupcake
LSU
SEC East
Cupcake
Auburn
Bye Week
aTm
Cupcake
Bama
Cupcake
Ole Miss

Edit to flip Arkansas and Kentucky. Arkansas plays aTm first every year now at Jerry's World. That won't be getting changed anytime soon.

Todd4State
11-21-2015, 02:55 PM
For the last 6 years...
A lot of sec schools use this week as an "off" week..
It's bs the sec allows this for certain schools every year.
Should be a rotation with all the schools with this..

Agree 100%.

gravedigger
11-21-2015, 02:56 PM
And today is 11-21. Coincidence? I don't think so.

minus 4 days wins vs om equals the 17th
plus 2 wins vs mt and tm equals the 19th
minus 1 vs 6-6 upig equals 18th

plus three in a row equals......oh shit.....

War Machine Dawg
11-21-2015, 02:59 PM

+1, if this is indeed the case. **** I hate Bama. Not only do they beat us, they beat us the hell up so we're always without at least one critical player for this ridiculous sandwich game. Hogs by 2 TDs minimum if Clayborn is out.

State82
11-21-2015, 03:07 PM

Game, set and match if this is the case.

Goldendawg
11-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Guys would this mean Joquel Johnson starts at center or do we have someone else? BTW, I had forgotten that Machine Gun Kelly had 110 yds rushing against Arky. I sure hope we get Dak out of the pocket on some reads or options. Standing in the pocket without a running option will not get it done I'm afraid.

dawg27
11-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Had to look it up

0-8 against ranked teams
2 of those years were in the MWC watch out he is wanted bad on this board to be the next coach.

War Machine Dawg
11-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Guys would this mean Joquel Johnson starts at center or do we have someone else? BTW, I had forgotten that Machine Gun Kelly had 110 yds rushing against Arky. I sure hope we get Dak out of the pocket on some reads or options. Standing in the pocket without a running option will not get it done I'm afraid.

Joq Johnson would indeed start if Clayborn can't go.