PDA

View Full Version : Fedora...

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:16 PM
He has similar skill set to what we have on offense, but he does such a great job of mixing it up. The way they utilized a true read option mix on that first drive, short passes, a screen pass, and a deep ball to stretch the D, made me extremely jealous. No excuse for our lack of creativity on offense. Everyone should go back and watch that first drive by UNC vs Va Tech....THAT is what our offense should look like. We have as good or better personnel at damn near every position than them too.

Dawg61
11-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Lol damn I watched the Beamer entrance and VTech first drive and then switched to Michigan @ Penn State

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Lol damn I watched the Beamer entrance and VTech first drive and then switched to Michigan @ Penn State

It was a thing of beauty. Screen pass to open, then great use of short pass and read option where Williams did it the way Dak USED to do it...where he runs with the RB and actually reads the DE to decide to keep or give....and then as the D crept up, they took a shot deep incomplete, and then went right back to the ground for a QB keeper and 6. Makes me sick.

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:30 PM
He has similar skill set to what we have on offense, but he does such a great job of mixing it up. The way they utilized a true read option mix on that first drive, short passes, a screen pass, and a deep ball to stretch the D, made me extremely jealous. No excuse for our lack of creativity on offense. Everyone should go back and watch that first drive by UNC vs Va Tech....THAT is what our offense should look like. We have as good or better personnel at damn near every position than them too.

Come on, man. Our offense has looked plenty creative and great against weak competition, which is all UNC has played. We would be undefeated with their schedule. They lost to South Carolina.

IMissJack
11-21-2015, 12:31 PM
It was a thing of beauty. Screen pass to open, then great use of short pass and read option where Williams did it the way Dak USED to do it...where he runs with the RB and actually reads the DE to decide to keep or give....and then as the D crept up, they took a shot deep incomplete, and then went right back to the ground for a QB keeper and 6. Makes me sick.

I don't understand what happened to our use of the screen. It was deadly with Perkins, even a middle screen. We would seem to have the personnel, but rarely do it.

defiantdog
11-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Come on, man. Our offense has looked plenty creative and great against weak competition, which is all UNC has played. We would be undefeated with their schedule. They lost to South Carolina.

Not one team on their schedule is ranked..... makes you think twice about how good Clemson really is.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:37 PM

They're playing Va Tech on the road in Beamer's finale. Not a great team, but still a good defense. And what the hell does losing to South Carolina matter? I wasn't saying I wanted Fefora or that UNC was great...I said I was jealous of their creativity on offense. If you truly watched the drive instead of just talking about something different from my point, you would have seen that it was a well coached drive that made most of Mullen's play calls look bland and easy to defend. That's been my biggest issue with Mullen this year...we have no creativity on offense to try and help counter our OL and Rushing woes.

Dan can do it....he's just not for whatever reason. Needs to get back to his creative ways when he didn't think we matched up man for man with our opponents in terms of talent, IMO.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:39 PM
I don't understand what happened to our use of the screen. It was deadly with Perkins, even a middle screen. We would seem to have the personnel, but rarely do it.

I agree. We have no imagination or creativity. It's swing pass to a RB, QB Draw, or long ass pass patterns that require 8 seconds of blocking and 5 reads by the QB before checking down. Oh, I forgot the once creative jet sweep to the slot. That play was creative until we decided to run it so much that it no longer gains yardage.

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:42 PM
And my point is that we've had plenty of drives this year that were creative and well-coached. They also happened to come against our weaker competition. The reason I pointed out the SC loss is because they scored 13 in that game. Had we scored 13 against a team like that and lost, can you imagine what people would be saying about Mullen's offense?

Part of the issue with our creativity in bigger games this year is the fact that we can't really run it at all, so it's hard to build around the read option. But we've still been creative against teams like Kentucky and Missouri.

We probably would have done the same thing to VT. It's VT.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2015, 12:44 PM
NC would not march down the field on Bama. They lost to SC and that's enough said about how good they are.

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:46 PM
The Citadel has scored more on SC in 1 quarter than Fedora's brilliant offense did all game.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:46 PM
And my point is that we've had plenty of drives this year that were creative and well-coached. They also happened to come against our weaker competition. The reason I pointed out the SC loss is because they scored 13 in that game. Had we scored 13 against a team like that and lost, can you imagine what people would be saying about Mullen's offense?

Part of the issue with our creativity in bigger games this year is the fact that we can't really run it at all, so it's hard to build around the read option. But we've still been creative against teams like Kentucky and Missouri.

We probably would have done the same thing to VT. It's VT.

You're missing the point. Creativity on offense is not dependent on your opponent. If you can plow Dak into the best front 7 in football 15 times last week in a blowout....you can try a ****ing screen pass or a true read option. Opponent has zero to do with creativity.

You're making it about competition, when I'm talking about play calls and play designs. It had nothing to do with them scoring, and everything to do with the way they mixed it up and kept the defense stretched out and guessing.

You're talking something totally different

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:49 PM
The Citadel has scored more on SC in 1 quarter than Fedora's brilliant offense did all game.

Is A&M the same team that we played early? Don't be an idiot. SC list their coach and totally fell apart after that first game. I'm not saying fire Dan, so u don't have to defend him. I'm simply making a point that he needs to regain his creativity.

Again, this thread isn't about how good or bad UNC is, it's about ONE drive. Some please quit spinning the thread topic.

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:49 PM
You're missing the point. Creativity on offense is not dependent on your opponent. If you can plow Dak into the best front 7 in football 15 times last week in a blowout....you can try a ****ing screen pass or a true read option. Opponent has zero to do with creativity.

You're making it about competition, when I'm talking about play calls and play designs. It had nothing to do with them scoring, and everything to do with the way they mixed it up and kept the defense stretched out and guessing.

You're talking something totally different

But the reason you came here with it is because it worked. You wouldn't have come here and said, 'We need to be creative on offense like UNC is. Sure, they went 3 and out, but they were more creative than us.'

Well, they wouldn't be nearly as successful against Bama and LSU. Again, we've been 'creative' and successful against our weak competition.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:52 PM
NC would not march down the field on Bama. They lost to SC and that's enough said about how good they are.

Good grief, I'm talking play calls guys. Not whether they win, score, whatever. I'm talking play calls. Does playing Bama mean u have to tighten your sphincter and lose your ability to run an offense? Does it mean you have to run QB draw on 3rd & 13? That you can't run a screen? That you can't stretch the D? Shit, it ain't about the competition...I know they don't play in the SEC. That's not the point I'm making.

smootness
11-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Is A&M the same team that we played early? Don't be an idiot. SC list their coach and totally fell apart after that first game. I'm not saying fire Dan, so u don't have to defend him. I'm simply making a point that he needs to regain his creativity.

Again, this thread isn't about how good or bad UNC is, it's about ONE drive. Some please quit spinning the thread topic.

But again, my point is that you can fine plenty of single drives from us this year, especially against weaker competition, that look creative and really successful. So pointing out one drive from a team playing relatively weak competition is bizarre. You can do the same for us.

And Spurrier was still around the next week when they gave up 26 to Kentucky in a loss, and he was still there when they gave up 52 to UGA the week after that.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2015, 12:53 PM
But the reason you came here with it is because it worked. You wouldn't have come here and said, 'We need to be creative on offense like UNC is. Sure, they went 3 and out, but they were more creative than us.'

Well, they wouldn't be nearly as successful against Bama and LSU. Again, we've been 'creative' and successful against our weak competition.

The TE option and some of the other plays Mullen has run will not work against Bama. However even with 9 sacks Dak still threw for over 300 yards on Bama.

We would beat NC and we might get a chance.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:55 PM

Don't tell me why I came here. I made the ****ing thread, so I know why I came here...and it had nothing to do with the TD. I liked the damn play calls. Whether it led to a TD or not was irrelevant. I liked the use of screens, read option, deep pass to stretch the field. You're wrong, so quit putting words in my mouth and quit trying to change the discussion. I mean, seriously? Why can't u just read and quit telling me what I mean? I think I know what I'm discussing since I brought it up.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Good grief, I'm talking play calls guys. Not whether they win, score, whatever. I'm talking play calls. Does playing Bama mean u have to tighten your sphincter and lose your ability to run an offense? Does it mean you have to run QB draw on 3rd & 13? That you can't run a screen? That you can't stretch the D? Shit, it ain't about the competition...I know they don't play in the SEC. That's not the point I'm making.

I stand corrected and I agree with that.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 12:57 PM
But again, my point is that you can fine plenty of single drives from us this year, especially against weaker competition, that look creative and really successful. So pointing out one drive from a team playing relatively weak competition is bizarre. You can do the same for us.

And Spurrier was still around the next week when they gave up 26 to Kentucky in a loss, and he was still there when they gave up 52 to UGA the week after that.

I said Dan can do it, didn't I?? I just said he hasn't been. And no, you really can't find a creative drive even against weak competition that included screens and a true read option, Bc we've all but abandoned those plays.

But forget it, you're trying to make this thread about something else, Bc you feel like I'm attacking Dan, and you have to defend him. I'm not attacking him, just saying his lack of creativity has cost us big time this year. Look no further than our losses to LSU & A&M.

And once again, I said USC fell apart...but why is SC even being discussed? It's not part of my point and proves nothing. You want to make this a Fedora vs Mullen as a better coach thread, when I'm referring to one drive that Fedora called. You just can't help it though.

smootness
11-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Don't tell me why I came here. I made the ****ing thread, so I know why I came here...and it had nothing to do with the TD. I liked the damn play calls. Whether it led to a TD or not was irrelevant. I liked the use of screens, read option, deep pass to stretch the field. You're wrong, so quit putting words in my mouth and quit trying to change the discussion. I mean, seriously? Why can't u just read and quit telling me what I mean? I think I know what I'm discussing since I brought it up.

Chill, man, there's no reason to get pissed.

But of course you only came here with this because it worked. You said that is what our offense should look like...obviously, there's no way you make that argument if those creative plays all got stuffed.

It's just a bizarre argument. If you want to say we should call plays against Bama and LSU the same way we do against Kentucky, that's fine. But to say we need to call plays like UNC does against VT is bizarre...because we do call plays like that against similar competition.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Chill, man, there's no reason to get pissed.

But of course you only came here with this because it worked. You said that is what our offense should look like...obviously, there's no way you make that argument if those creative plays all got stuffed.

It's just a bizarre argument. If you want to say we should call plays against Bama and LSU the same way we do against Kentucky, that's fine. But to say we need to call plays like UNC does against VT is bizarre...because we do call plays like that against similar competition.

No, you're wrong. But you are incapable of admitting it.

The outcome of the drive made no difference. Can you read? The deep pass was incomplete and I loved it. Why? Because it worked? NO, because it stretched the field and made the next play more effective. Get over yourself, and instead of telling me what I mean, try listening to what I'm saying and you will know.

It's about play calls, regardless of outcome. We have lost creativity and imagination on offense, and we need to regain it. That drive was a good use of similar personnel to ours in terms of play calling. Had the screen been stuffed, the deep pass incomplete, and the read option stuffed, and they punted...I still like the creativity. Whether you think it's bizarre or not, I don't care, Bc it's not...unless you're spinning my words.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:09 PM
And if you don't think our play calling has lacked imagination and creativity, you haven't been paying attention.

I simply wanted to show an example of some good creative consecutive play calls, Bc we haven't been doing much. That's all.

smootness
11-21-2015, 01:26 PM
And if you don't think our play calling has lacked imagination and creativity, you haven't been paying attention.

I simply wanted to show an example of some good creative consecutive play calls, Bc we haven't been doing much. That's all.

Fair enough. I didn't intend to make a huge deal out of it, so I'll drop it. My only point was that you were suggesting we should run our offense like Fedora does...but using a game against weak competition to highlight that. Our only offensive issues are against very good competition.

BTW, UNC has 77 yards on the 6 drives since that first one.

tireddawg
11-21-2015, 01:30 PM
They're playing Va Tech on the road in Beamer's finale. Not a great team, but still a good defense. And what the hell does losing to South Carolina matter? I wasn't saying I wanted Fefora or that UNC was great...I said I was jealous of their creativity on offense. If you truly watched the drive instead of just talking about something different from my point, you would have seen that it was a well coached drive that made most of Mullen's play calls look bland and easy to defend. That's been my biggest issue with Mullen this year...we have no creativity on offense to try and help counter our OL and Rushing woes.

Dan can do it....he's just not for whatever reason. Needs to get back to his creative ways when he didn't think we matched up man for man with our opponents in terms of talent, IMO.

I work for a company as a project manager. I have to be creative with each project & have multiple projects going on at once. Sometimes, since I have so much on my plate, I tend to lose some creativity & the job suffers mildly due to it. I have to delegate, which I dont like to because I believe that I can only do things the way I want them.

But thats why I hired & trained the guys. Its a cycle really I need to break & trust my people. I think Dan has similar tendecies

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:37 PM
I work for a company as a project manager. I have to be creative with each project & have multiple projects going on at once. Sometimes, since I have so much on my plate, I tend to lose some creativity & the job suffers mildly due to it. I have to delegate, which I dont like to because I believe that I can only do things the way I want them.

But thats why I hired & trained the guys. Its a cycle really I need to break & trust my people. I think Dan has similar tendecies

Excellent point, and excellent post. You may very well have hit the nail on the head. An OC may be the resolution to the issue of lack of creativity.

Rep points.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Fair enough. I didn't intend to make a huge deal out of it, so I'll drop it. My only point was that you were suggesting we should run our offense like Fedora does...but using a game against weak competition to highlight that. Our only offensive issues are against very good competition.

BTW, UNC has 77 yards on the 6 drives since that first one.

You are still wrong, and can't even see it. I didn't suggest we run an "offense" like Fedora runs....I suggested we show the creativity Fedora showed in one series. And yet again, the remainder of the game makes no difference because I'm not discussing Fedora vs Mullen as a coach...I was discussing the beauty and creativeness of one drive led by Fefora. That's it. I simply don't understand why you can't look at the group of play calls I'm actually discussing, without bringing other series, other opponents, and overall results into account.

But whatever. Tireddawg nailed it anyway. I'm done arguing with you.