PDA

View Full Version : Make the bleeding stop!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2015, 07:08 PM
The past 7 days in MSU athletics has been absolutely awful.

Blow out loss in football & the basketball team goes on a 3 game losing streak.

For goodness sakes, we need something good to happen tomorrow night....

This is depressing

messageboardsuperhero
11-20-2015, 07:10 PM
No kidding.

The bright side is that I've been so far zoned out of MSU sports that I've been able to catch up on some other, more important stuff.

Bothrops
11-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Our basketball team has very little discipline and lacks situational awareness. I have zero expectations for this season now.

SDDawg
11-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Up to Dan, he has the power to fix. Screw hoops and baseball, both will be shit this year.

engie
11-20-2015, 08:37 PM
The basketball team just needs to graduate. Group never grew up...

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I posted on another site....we have to realize that Howland is here for a reason. Better days are coming.

HancockCountyDog
11-20-2015, 09:03 PM
The basketball team just needs to graduate. Group never grew up...

People are going to need to be patient. Next year will be growing pains, and the following year we will compete for a solid bid.

missouridawg
11-20-2015, 09:21 PM
People are going to need to be patient. Next year will be growing pains, and the following year we will compete for a solid bid.

I was really hoping Howland could work some magic, but I'm afraid you're going to right. All those freshman next year are going to be just that.... Freshman. I think next year will be a frustrating struggle as well. Hopefully, I'm wrong and those guys come in and immediately play a big role.

msstate7
11-20-2015, 09:26 PM
I was really hoping Howland could work some magic, but I'm afraid you're going to right. All those freshman next year are going to be just that.... Freshman. I think next year will be a frustrating struggle as well. Hopefully, I'm wrong and those guys come in and immediately play a big role.
If Malik stays (still doubt it) and either strugg or Holman can get some experience this year, we could be alright. Stapleton will help and q will be a player

DanDority
11-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Come on guys Damn, Coach K would struggle with this team! We are bad at EVERY floor position.

TUSK
11-20-2015, 09:29 PM
The football team just needs to graduate. Group never grew up...

said TUSK in '07....

good point, Engie...

TUSK
11-20-2015, 09:35 PM
If Malik stays (still doubt it) and either strugg or Holman can get some experience this year, we could be alright. Stapleton will help and q will be a player

MS7, I caught some of the game on the radio on the way to the store for some psuedoephedrine and battery acid and heard a bit of the game... seemed Malik was doing well....

I take it he's a FR and potentially a "1 & done"?

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 09:41 PM

Its fine to talk about 2 seasons from now but ANYBODY who says they saw this team being the garbage product they currently are with an experienced roster plus adding Newman and Q with a proven HC to coach them are just lying through their teeth. The mess we've watched the last 3 games has been totally unexpected and really unacceptable. As others have said, we would have played much better than this WITH Ray as HC and with no Newman.

defiantdog
11-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Its fine to talk about 2 seasons from now but ANYBODY who says they saw this team being the garbage product they currently are with an experienced roster plus adding Newman and Q with a proven HC to coach them are just lying through their teeth. The mess we've watched the last 3 games has been totally unexpected and really unacceptable. As others have said, we would have played much better than this WITH Ray as HC and with no Newman.

Same players, same results. Unfortunately, in basketball, stars matter more than anything else. We need more stars to be competitive.

msstate7
11-20-2015, 09:49 PM
MS7, I caught some of the game on the radio on the way to the store for some psuedoephedrine and battery acid and heard a bit of the game... seemed Malik was doing well....

I take it he's a FR and potentially a "1 & done"?

Yep

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Same players, same results. Unfortunately, in basketball, stars matter more than anything else. We need more stars to be competitive.

So far slightly worse results. Better on offense but WAY worse on defense.

Coach34
11-20-2015, 09:59 PM
. As others have said, we would have played much better than this WITH Ray as HC and with no Newman.

We are better offensively but a helluva lot worse defensively. Howland is getting too much of a free pass. Hell, this team with Ray would have challenged for the NIT at worst

msstate7
11-20-2015, 10:06 PM
We are better offensively but a helluva lot worse defensively. Howland is getting too much of a free pass. Hell, this team with Ray would have challenged for the NIT at worst

We've got a really easy stretch of games coming up. Hopefully Howland can figure out some things with this team and get us into conference play no worse than 8-4. Even with the garbage plays down the stretch, we played much better in the 2nd half... Hopefully we can build on that

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 10:30 PM

Agree 100%.

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 10:32 PM
We've got a really easy stretch of games coming up. Hopefully Howland can figure out some things with this team and get us into conference play no worse than 8-4. Even with the garbage plays down the stretch, we played much better in the 2nd half... Hopefully we can build on that

Yes, but just like we've seen with football, you don't really learn a lot about your team from playing easy games. Given we couldn't even beat Southern though we definitely need some cupcakes to work on some basic fundamentals.

Coach34
11-20-2015, 10:47 PM
Howland giving in and playing zone the last 25 mins of the game is encouraging. This team can play zone decently and stay in games. Keep working M2M in practice to get better and slowly ease into it in games

I seen it dawg
11-20-2015, 11:34 PM

Yeah bc he had them believing that they were more than tin gymers. This roster ****ing sucks. Howland telling them the truth and coaching them. And those pussies are taking it bad.

UMCDawg16
11-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Howland getting a free pass for being 1-3? All this hyperbole has got to stop. After 4 games of a basketball season is it possible to be at the point of getting a pass? I think most reasonable people know 4 games into a basketball season with a new coach is no time to make definitive statements about what a team is or isn't. And Ray would compete for he NIT? Lol.

dawgs
11-21-2015, 03:10 AM

oh jesus, should we be calling for his head already? imo he gets a free pass until at least the end of the 2016-2017 season since he's bringing in the best class we've ever even sniffed at state. so let's see what he does we those guys (+ q and hopefully malik) next year before we say someone's getting a free pass.

drunkernhelldawg
11-21-2015, 10:10 AM
I posted on another site....we have to realize that Howland is here for a reason. Better days are coming.

We seem to be in the fifth year of a hundred year plan.

SheltonChoked
11-21-2015, 10:35 AM
The new foul rules have really hurt our defense. Any type of hand contact is called a foul. All contact with the ball handler is a foul. We have not adjusted yet. Give it time.

dawgs
11-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Also, in addition to what I posted last night, what has ray ever done to make anyone think he'd be a given to coach any team with a "NIT at worst" level of expectations? He coached this roster to like a 30-70 record over the last 3 years and suddenly he'd be "NIT at worst" with them?

HSVDawg
11-21-2015, 11:33 AM

I still wonder how much the older guys are buying into Howland. He ran off a few guys which can ruffle some feathers, and then you have situations like Houston already showing his ass and mouthing off. Defense isn't that hard. 90% of it is just pure effort, and we aren't giving it. That speaks to a motivation issue. I think next year will be a step up just because it will be a completely fresh roster with almost no ties to the old staff.

DanDority
11-21-2015, 11:57 AM

Coach, this may be the craziest statement that you've made! Would said team even exist if Ray were still here? And NO we WOULD NOT be a better team with Ray as coach. He did his job but we DO NOT have good material to work with other than Sword. He hustles and plays hard but isn't a basketball player, he's an athlete. Malik wouldn't be on his team. At this moment Malik is NOT an one and done. Now, if the turf toe issue is resolved and he turns it around he could become a 1st rounder, that is still yet to be seen. Your comment is without doubt the most crazy thing I've seen from you.

I seen it dawg
11-21-2015, 01:49 PM
The ****ers on this roster are figuring out they better do what they are told or they will get blistered. It's not gonna be long before Howland completely blows a gasket if he hasn't already. These guys effort and softness is unacceptable.

defiantdog
11-21-2015, 02:47 PM
The ****ers on this roster are figuring out they better do what they are told or they will get blistered. It's not gonna be long before Howland completely blows a gasket if he hasn't already. These guys effort and softness is unacceptable.

As I once heard before on this board and another..... IT'S COMING.

Political Hack
11-21-2015, 02:59 PM

While I agree about this year, we would not have had the future we have right now. Howland is trying to run his system with guys that can't run it. We can score finally, which is amazing in and of itself. However, we look shitastic on defense. They're lost.

I seen it dawg
11-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Tin gymers