PDA

View Full Version : This team still has no clue how to win...

messageboardsuperhero
11-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Absolutely no clue whatsoever. Daniels going after that ball that wasn't touched by us leading to TTU getting another possession and draining a three. Missing two point blank layups to send it into OT (Even though Ware was hacked). Daniels missing two free throws to tie it.

It is obvious that not a single player on this team has experienced any winning on the D1 level. It's just painful to watch right now.

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 07:12 PM
The Daniels screwup was absolutely the biggest play in the game. We would have had the ball and a 3 point lead, instead they get the ball back and drain a 3 to immediately tie. Just total lack of awareness by Daniels. No clue why he didn't just let the ball go.

CJDAWG85
11-20-2015, 07:20 PM
This thread hit the nail on the head.

I seen it dawg
11-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Seniors need to nut up

mic
11-20-2015, 08:07 PM
The Daniels screwup was absolutely the biggest play in the game. We would have had the ball and a 3 point lead, instead they get the ball back and drain a 3 to immediately tie. Just total lack of awareness by Daniels. No clue why he didn't just let the ball go.

These upperclassmen 3 and 4 years in still have the dumbest Basketball IQ

tcdog70
11-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Travis can jump out of the Gym but is a shitty rebounder. Blocking out , he doesn't do. How stupid was tossing the ball back in.then he Bricks both free throws.Ready still kills us on defense.

Coach34
11-20-2015, 08:40 PM
At least Howland figured out this team's only chance is to play zone on defense

Prediction? Pain.
11-20-2015, 11:02 PM

Yeah, man, that was a massive bummer. It took all the air out of our sails and we just sort of fell apart over the next couple of minutes.

I will say, though, that yesterday's train wreck looks a little less horrific after what Miami did to Utah today. They embarrassed us by 26 and the very next day embarrassed a top 20 Utah team -- which has four starters back from a Sweet Sixteen run last year and is picked to finish 3rd in the Pac 12 -- by 24. Miami shot 56.7% from the field and 52.9% from beyond the arc against us. Against Utah, they shot 53.4% and 52.9%.

I'm glad Newman seems to have shaken the rust off (or whatever it was). 17/5/4/1 is a pretty busy night. Hopefully he continues to become more aggressive offensively.

On a similar note, I don't get why we're still taking so many threes. Howland noted the problem in a recent press conference, but apparently he's not getting through to the players. I thought we did a better job at picking our spots in the second half than in the first, but overall, it's still too many.