PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits - 2nd Round Playoff Edition - 11.20.15

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 04:15 PM
This Week in GA Commits ? 2nd Round Playoffs 11.20.15
McEachern keeps winning, and advanced last week to the 2nd Round of the GA 6A Playoffs. Christian Roberson had 3 catches for 36 yards in the win over Lowndes last week. That brings his season total to 27 catches for 353 yards and 4 TDs.

The Playoffs in Georgia are a gauntlet. The #7 McEachern Indians (10-1) will host the 2014 Runner Up #4 Archer Tigers (10-1). Archer has a high powered offense (39.8 pt/game) and stifling defense (10.3 p/g ), making them one of the toughest teams in the state. They are led by running back Jamyest Williams, only a junior, who has more than 35 offers from top-tier programs. He?s already compiled 1,171 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns. Quarterback Will Bearden has completed 70 percent of his passes for 2,203 yards and 22 touchdowns. Kyle Davis and Aramis Bryant have a combined 1,123 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns.
Should be a very tough battle.

Game: Archer (10-1) at McEachern (10-1)
All-time series: First Meeting
Prediction: McEachern 17, Archer 14

Shameless Plug - My Glynn Academy Red Terrors advanced face the Dalton Catamounts in Dalton tonight. Team, band, and cheerleaders have made the grueling 7 hour bus ride today, and come back after the game. Good luck and safe travels to the Terrors and my 2 band geeks (and future FMB).

smootness
11-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Kyle Davis, Archer's WR, also happens to be the #1 WR in the country. Dude is ridiculous.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Kyle Davis, Archer's WR, also happens to be the #1 WR in the country. Dude is ridiculous.

I wish this game was being streamed - it really should be one of the top games in GA this season.

Jack Straw
11-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Agreed. I cant believe Camden vs. Roswell is the GPB Friday Night Game this week. I live on the Archer/Grayson line, so I would definitely prefer either one of their games on TV. The 6A state championship runs thru my area of Gwinnett every year now.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Agreed. I cant believe Camden vs. Roswell is the GPB Friday Night Game this week. I live on the Archer/Grayson line, so I would definitely prefer either one of their games on TV. The 6A state championship runs thru my area of Gwinnett every year now.
Gwinnett schools have definitely upped their game in the past few. Nice to see South GA powers Valdosta/Lowndes/Colquitt/Camden get some competition.

smootness
11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Gwinnett schools have definitely upped their game in the past few. Nice to see South GA powers Valdosta/Lowndes/Colquitt/Camden get some competition.

What has happened to Parkview? Have new schools just taken all their talent?

And Cobb County teams are just depressing. Always so much talent, but they never fully capitalize. It was McEachern and Harrison back in the day, then McEachern dropped off; now they're back and Hillgrove is producing tons of talent, but they still can't ever get it done.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 05:53 PM
What has happened to Parkview? Have new schools just taken all their talent?

And Cobb County teams are just depressing. Always so much talent, but they never fully capitalize. It was McEachern and Harrison back in the day, then McEachern dropped off; now they're back and Hillgrove is producing tons of talent, but they still can't ever get it done.
What has happened in Cobb will happen to Gwinnett - they eventually have to build so many schools it dilutes the talent pool. McEachern and Hillgrove are 3 miles apart. Imagine those 2 teams combined - it would be unreal. It's funny you mention Harrison - when it opened, North Cobb and McEachern whined about how close it was to them and it was going to pull all their talent. Now you have KMHS, Hillgrove, and a couple of others in N & W Cobb too. Crazy.

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 10:50 PM
McEachern goes down to Archer 24-21. Wraps the season for Christian Roberson. According to his Twitter, he is planning on being an early enrollee - so look for him in the spring game.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-21-2015, 04:37 PM
This Week in GA Commits ? 2nd Round Playoffs 11.20.15
McEachern keeps winning, and advanced last week to the 2nd Round of the GA 6A Playoffs. Christian Roberson had 3 catches for 36 yards in the win over Lowndes last week. That brings his season total to 27 catches for 353 yards and 4 TDs.

The Playoffs in Georgia are a gauntlet. The #7 McEachern Indians (10-1) will host the 2014 Runner Up #4 Archer Tigers (10-1). Archer has a high powered offense (39.8 pt/game) and stifling defense (10.3 p/g ), making them one of the toughest teams in the state. They are led by running back Jamyest Williams, only a junior, who has more than 35 offers from top-tier programs. He?s already compiled 1,171 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns. Quarterback Will Bearden has completed 70 percent of his passes for 2,203 yards and 22 touchdowns. Kyle Davis and Aramis Bryant have a combined 1,123 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns.
Should be a very tough battle.

Game: Archer (10-1) at McEachern (10-1)
All-time series: First Meeting
Prediction: McEachern 17, Archer 14

Shameless Plug - My Glynn Academy Red Terrors advanced face the Dalton Catamounts in Dalton tonight. Team, band, and cheerleaders have made the grueling 7 hour bus ride today, and come back after the game. Good luck and safe travels to the Terrors and my 2 band geeks (and future FMB).

Why in the world would the GHSAA make y'all travel 7 hours for a 2nd round playoff game? That's insane!

BrunswickDawg
11-21-2015, 04:51 PM
[/B]
Why in the world would the GHSAA make y'all travel 7 hours for a 2nd round playoff game? That's insane!
It's a big problem for the larger schools in South Ga. There are so many large schools around Atlanta it skews the number of regions heavily north. It really sucks. We won, but my kids got home at 8:20 this morning due to construction on 75. Have to go back to play Stockbridge next week. Hopefully if preps us for a trip to the Dome in 3 weeks.