PDA

View Full Version : We're back for Hog week

BeastMan
11-20-2015, 11:30 AM
http://3rdand57.com/key-msu-questions-hog-week/

Myself and Cadaver did our MSU and SEC Q&A's this week. Above is the MSU link and below will be the SEC link. MSU questions included in this post.

http://3rdand57.com/around-the-sec-week-12/

1) I posed this question on EliteDawgs, so I?ll ask you the same. Based on what you?ve seen, if someone could guarantee you a win in one of the next two games and a bowl win, would you take it? You don?t get to know which of Arkansas or Ole Miss you beat, nor your bowl opponent. Just that MSU will finish the regular season at 8-4 and an overall record of 9-4. Do you take it knowing MSU could potentially lose the next 3, or leave it knowing that they could win the next 3 and have back to back 10 win seasons?

2) I am of the belief that Dan Mullen has an incredible offensive scheme but that it can only be maximized when there is at least the threat of a running game. I feel like play-action is crucial to our passing game and the lack of it has hurt us this year.

That being said, do you feel like Mullen can be successful in the last 3 games of 2015 on offense & in future seasons without us figuring out some way of incorporating runs and play-action? And do you think the lack of the run has opened his eyes a little bit to the importance of Offensive Line recruiting, where he may have been taking it for granted due to some good development in the last few years?

3) I?m going to put on my fanatic hat and ask you about the RB situation. Dan Mullen has a clear pattern of leaning on the more experienced RB?s due to ?pass blocking?, ?scheme knowledge?, ?leadership?, ?experience?, etc.

Knowing that, how can I feel comfortable as an MSU fan that Ashton Shumpert and Brandon Holloway will not be the first and second string RB?s next season as both return? And specifically Holloway being used as a feature back. Can we feel confident that Dan will give the RB?s with the more complete look (Williams, Lee, Gibson, Murphy) a fair shake despite their lack of experience in 2016?

1) Fun stat time: MSU?s offense averaged 2.12 ypc against the Tide Saturday which was the 5th best effort against the Tide in their 10 games this year. When you factor in that number with 9 sacks, is that proof that this Bama DL is the best Saban has ever had?

2) Arkansas is on a roll and is the 2nd best rushing team in the conference in SEC play. MSU fans always here about how they are built to stop the run but they are actually 12th in conference play allowing 212 ypc and over 5 ypc. Can MSU slow down an Arkansas team that is averaging 50 points per game it?s last 4?

3) I think most fans had the Bama game circled as a loss before the season started so no matter how much gnashing of teeth occurred over the weekend, we expected this. This week is a game that many MSU fans picked as a win and Arkansas is on fire of late. Is this game a better measuring stick for Mullen and the program?