PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone's expectations for tomorrow's game?

ShotgunDawg
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Man, it's been dead here this week in regards to discussing actual football. Last weekend was so disappointing that I completely understand it, but the truth is that this team still has the opportunity for an outstanding season, &, to have that, we must win tomorrow night.

Here are my quick thoughts:

1. I think this is a good matchup for MSU from a talent standpoint, but MSU has to show up. Arkansas is playing with confidence right now, & MSU got a big kick in the balls last week by Bama. Can MSU recover? We'll see tomorrow night, but IMO while Mullen has really struggled at MSU to get his teams to play above themselves against elite opponents, he has done really well in these types of spots in getting his team to not have let downs. Mullen coaches an even keel, consistent style of football. While this is frustrating against Bama, LSU, & A&M, the payoff is that we rarely have flat games in which we seem non-interested. We'll see if Mullen can pull it off again.

2. Many analysts have pointed towards a poor MSU run defense this week when breaking down the game, & I think that's a misconception. MSU has given up some big runs to Derrick Henry, Fournette, & the Kentucky back that has skewed it's run defense stats, but no one has consistently rammed the ball down MSU's throat. MSU is plenty capable creating numerous 3 & outs if a team attempts to just run it down their throats.

3. MSU's offensive line sucks balls, but Arkansas is tied for last in the SEC in sacks. Let me be clear, Alabama is that good & I think their has been a light overreaction from the media this week as far as MSU's offensive line. It's still the same line that blocked Missouri & Kentucky While I expect Arkansas to get a few sacks tomorrow night, I also believe the offensive line will play with some pride tomorrow night & give Dak enough time. Due to the matchups, if MSU's offensive line gives Dak "enough time", MSU has a great chance of scoring in the 30s tomorrow night.

4. I'm glad we are playing at night in what should be a good atmosphere. I would fear a let down much more if we were playing at 11 AM on a foggy, NW Arkansas day. However, it will be in the 30s tomorrow night & should be the coldest game some of our players have played in in a while. Dak will have to make sure the ball doesn't get slippery, hard, & that he's able to get a good grip. The receivers will have to step up tomorrow night & be prepared to catch a hard football.

In conclusion, I expect MSU to either get blown out or win. MSU will either show up & play, in which case they have a great chance to win, or MSU will be on a Bama hangover, show up soft, & get run out of the stadium.

This is a big game.

FISHDAWG
11-20-2015, 10:56 AM
my "gut" feeling is far from scientific but it says we eek out a win .... special teams could really come into play here or turn-overs could decide ... either way I think it's a close one

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2015, 10:58 AM
If we play like we did against Mizzou - we win.
If we play like we did against Bama - we get boatraced.

That simple. I think we see what we saw against Mizzou.

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 11:01 AM
I expect us to put up some points (hopefully Bear will play) but I feel like we will likely lose. Arkansas is hot right now and we've always had a difficult time playing up there. If our defense can hold them to 24 points or below we have a pretty good shot but I don't know if we can do that.

preachermatt83
11-20-2015, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2015, 11:17 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVESVHJYAtA1hWfKhvpMXLACrdLEswm FzsokSwdOzGrClDlrKa2w

Coach34
11-20-2015, 11:24 AM
We're gonna lay a turd and lose by 10 or more

CarolinaDawgs
11-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Expectation:

We should beat this team. They are predictable, but so are we. I am going to be really disappointed if we don't beat them by two scores. They gave up 50 to an Ole Miss Team that doesn't even use their best player properly.

Dan does do a great job in these games.. I just don't understand the fear factor for us playing @ Upig. We traditionally suck there, but why? (So do they.)

Lets go out, hang 40 on these dudes and let the defense play smart. As long as we don't get tormented by the TE on PAP we will be fine. Im not scared of their huge, soft ass line. If their line is so dominant why didn't they run it down Toledo's throat? or TT for that matter. Im not impressed with this Arkansas team and honestly I think we can dick them.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2015, 11:42 AM
A repeat of the aTm game. Except worse..... Their team is playing well right now. Both sides of the ball. They will score TDs. We will stall out in the redzone and kick FGs.

Our only chance is to keep them under 20 points. I don't see our defense stopping them.

FISHDAWG
11-20-2015, 11:44 AM
good points - I think Arky matches up better to LSU than they do with us

HSVDawg
11-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Its still the same shitty sandwich game its always been (except last year) between Bama and Ole Miss. Because of that, I don't expect the intensity and focus to be where it needs to be for this one. It will probably be similar to the A&M game where we just looked soft and unprepared, and turned the ball over too many times in critical situations.

I really hope we win this one, mainly because I expect LSU to get murdered by OM since they are currently a dumpster fire right now, and therefore we will have to beat Arkansas to keep the streak of finishing ahead of the Bears going for another year. However, I fully expect a loss.

TrapGame
11-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Mullen has out coached Big Bert two years in a row. Tomorrow night will make three in a row.

Some of y'all need to go to the gynecologist and get your estrogen levels checked and something for that feminine itch.

LC Dawg
11-20-2015, 12:11 PM
I know Arkansas has won four in a row and they are playing well but the streak is 4OT over Auburn, UT-Martin, OT over Ole Miss with no defense from either side, and a good win over an LSU team that just had its national title hopes crushed. I think they are far from unbeatable. If they start to believe too much of their hype we may can jump on them early. If we can get a lead early and give ourselves some confidence I think we have a good shot. We should be able to score on them. If we let them get an early lead and build their confidence even more we will get blown out. I believe how we play in the 1st quarter will determine if we win or lose.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-20-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't really know honestly. I could see us getting crushed, I could see the team responding and playing well and Dak shredding them. It is difficult to be optimistic right now though.

blacklistedbully
11-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Blowout win for my Bulldogs. We will win by at least 17. Dak gonna Dak, with 350+ yds passing, another 100+ rushing, and 5 or more combined TD's.

Our LB's will play their play-action pass a lot better than UNM's did. Brandon Allen is going to get a reality check vs our defense. So is Alex Collins.

Irondawg
11-20-2015, 12:46 PM
We need to commit to Holloway and Williams in the backfield which I think is the case now. We are going to need to score 27-30 to win but if our defense plays like they've played the last 2 games except for the big play breakdowns we should win this thing. Just can't give up multiple 40+ yard plays again

biscuit
11-20-2015, 01:31 PM
win

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 01:47 PM
good points - I think Arky matches up better to LSU than they do with us

Well I agree with that. Ark much better in run defense than pass defense. But of course that was suppose to be the situation with AL as well and it didn't help.

SDDawg
11-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Huge win and C34 back in the boat.

AROB44
11-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Huge win and C34 back in the boat.

Don't let him back in...

Tripp McNeely
11-20-2015, 02:35 PM
We will score at will on them, but their running game will slow the game down some. 31-21 good guys. They play the exact same game Bama plays, they just play it worse (except for QB). Dak will have much more time. We'll be able to score in the red zone. They don't have "game breakers" at WR that can turn a 7 yard hitch into a 60 yard TD, etc

War Machine Dawg
11-20-2015, 03:27 PM
We will score at will on them, but their running game will slow the game down some. 31-21 good guys. They play the exact same game Bama plays, they just play it worse (except for QB). Dak will have much more time. We'll be able to score in the red zone. They don't have "game breakers" at WR that can turn a 7 yard hitch into a 60 yard TD, etc

You must be forgetting how that bastard Henry abused us last season. They've got more playmakers than they're given credit for having.

TrapGame
11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
You must be forgetting how that bastard Henry abused us last season. They've got more playmakers than they're given credit for having.

And we had Geoff "Juice Man" Collins for DC.

FISHDAWG
11-20-2015, 03:38 PM

they only scored 10 points

bulldawg28
11-20-2015, 03:55 PM
We win by 14

Bully13
11-20-2015, 04:03 PM
I wanna see the "beat Bama " sign replaced with something derogatory towards upig

defiantdog
11-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I wanna see the "beat Bama " sign replaced with something derogatory towards upig

Nope, we have to be reminded each time we log into the site.

djaymsu5
11-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Mullen is 3/6 against Arkansas and was a fumble in the endzone from Ballard in overtime from winning 4 out of 6. He has basically owned UPig since he's been at state and btw we have a 3 game winning streak. We will make it 4 this weekend. Henry and Cornelius is the only weapons they have other than Alex Collins. Their offense really hasn't changed since last year and we shut them down. Obviously we will have to show up but if the defense can keep us in it I think we squeak out a W on the road.

WPS
11-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Henry and Cornelius is the only weapons they have other than Alex Collins.

Drew Morgan leads the SEC in touchdown catches

Bama_Dawg
11-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Huh, my expectations aren't as high as some of you guy's.

I'm thinking Arky by 13. 36-23

FISHDAWG
11-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Huh, my expectations aren't as high as some of you guy's.

I'm thinking Arky by 13. 36-23

if you're gonna prognosticate you need more V-cash for credibility**

djaymsu5
11-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Drew Morgan leads the SEC in touchdown catches

Ok well regardless he isn't a world beater and doesn't have the speed and moves that Ridley has. We should be able to contain him. I know they are playing well right now but Mullen has had their number lately

TimberBeast
11-20-2015, 04:51 PM
We need to commit to Holloway and Williams in the backfield which I think is the case now. We are going to need to score 27-30 to win but if our defense plays like they've played the last 2 games except for the big play breakdowns we should win this thing. Just can't give up multiple 40+ yard plays again

I agree with this on the run game, we need 80% of those carries to go to Williams though, and I don't think we'll do that. Without that we are one dimensional and not that difficult to beat.

djaymsu5
11-20-2015, 04:52 PM
And when I say Ridley I mean taking what should have been a tackle for loss and taking it 60 something yards to the house. He's a very good WR don't get me wrong but I think we will be ok

Bama_Dawg
11-20-2015, 04:58 PM
if you're gonna prognosticate you need more V-cash for credibility**

I'm an MSU alumni and fan. We have no credibility until we beat the Bammers ***