PDA

View Full Version : Old saying, can't teach an old dog new tricks

Bocephus
11-20-2015, 10:17 AM
We as a fan base need to consider Howland is playing with a group of SR's that have been here under RR. They have never experienced or known how to play or what it takes to win basketball games. I'm not so sure like others have suggested, there may be some envious feelings of the guys BH has brought in, especially Malik. I'm not saying it is, but this team looks nothing like, or is playing like the team that beat Eastern Washington. Lets give it time and I'll bet things change. Just watching and being a novice, it looks like they may be taking bad shots thinking they have to get their chances to shoot.

defiantdog
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
We have 4 talented players in Newman, Q, sword and ware. Then the talent drops off extremely. Those 4 need to find a way to take over the game. It is difficult to win with players that aren't D1 talent. So, we're going to need IJ and them to play out of their minds to win. Gettin Aric back in January will help..... Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 10:51 AM
We as a fan base need to consider Howland is playing with a group of SR's that have been here under RR. They have never experienced or known how to play or what it takes to win basketball games. I'm not so sure like others have suggested, there may be some envious feelings of the guys BH has brought in, especially Malik. I'm not saying it is, but this team looks nothing like, or is playing like the team that beat Eastern Washington. Lets give it time and I'll bet things change. Just watching and being a novice, it looks like they may be taking bad shots thinking they have to get their chances to shoot.

Yea, but the ironic part is that Howland seems to have taught them some things to improve the offense. The defensive skills and effort supposedly learned under Ray for 3 years appears to have totally left them.

Original48
11-20-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm not so sure like others have suggested, there may be some envious feelings of the guys BH has brought in, especially Malik..
I wasn't sure if I was over analyzing or what but Travis Daniels body language in the game yesterday seemed to indicate this. Looked like he was completely ignoring Malik. I do believe there's resentment. Either way we need to get this bunch outta here..next year can't get here quick enough.

maroonmania
11-20-2015, 11:28 AM
I wasn't sure if I was over analyzing or what but Travis Daniels body language in the game yesterday seemed to indicate this. Looked like he was completely ignoring Malik. I do believe there's resentment. Either way we need to get this bunch outta here..next year can't get here quick enough.

If that's the situation that is pathetic. These guys have ONE year left to try and go out winners and they are possibly resenting someone that has come in that might actually help them achieve that? I don't believe that, but if true, then yes, they all just need to get out of Dodge. If a guy would rather lose than win with a little less attention on himself then he is just a loser in my book and doesn't deserve any success.