PDA

View Full Version : IJ ready is quick so why can he not defend a damn sole?

whosyourdawgy
11-20-2015, 12:55 AM
He has been blown by so many times these first 3 games it's embarrassing. Our defense is just gawd awful period. But IJ stands out more than anyone else at giving up open 3's or blow by layups or dunks

BeardoMSU
11-20-2015, 01:10 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7VdwUGxc-C0/TeJEb9L0IwI/AAAAAAAAATE/Css5HrEgrys/s1600/sole+soul.jpg

Just messin' ;)

SallyStansbury
11-20-2015, 07:57 AM
That is very funny

msstate7
11-20-2015, 07:59 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7VdwUGxc-C0/TeJEb9L0IwI/AAAAAAAAATE/Css5HrEgrys/s1600/sole+soul.jpg

Just messin' ;)

To be fair, ready can't guard either. Both have a height advantage too

Red Sox Dawg
11-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Defense requires effort, toughness, and heart. It also helps if you aren't the shortest guy on the court by nearly a foot.

DawgInMemphis
11-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Defense requires effort, toughness, and heart. It also helps if you aren't the shortest guy on the court by nearly a foot.

Unless your man is making jumpers in your face, height matters not one bit for perimeter defense. Should actually help him stay in front of his man with his quickness and low center of gravity. Ready should be in his guys pocket, not getting beat off the dribble.

AFDawg
11-20-2015, 10:05 AM

Just messin' ;)

Naw, he meant sole. The other players' shoes carry them past IJ.

Red Sox Dawg
11-20-2015, 10:30 AM
They have been beating him off the dribble and shooting over him since he got here. He has been a defensive liability since he set foot on campus.

tcdog70
11-20-2015, 10:48 AM
he dribbles for no purpose. he is at His best when He spots up and shoots. please Newman and Q put IJ on the bench.

Political Hack
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
I have yet to see him in a proper defensive stance.

BayouDawg
11-20-2015, 12:00 PM
I have yet to see him in a proper defensive stance.

Exactly! His butt is too high therefor he gets flat footed every time someone does a simple crossover. You gotta keep your butt low and stay on your toes

Prediction? Pain.
11-20-2015, 12:22 PM
IJ was completely erratic last night trying to run our offense, and got abused on pick and rolls all night on defense. Since the suckitude on defense was so pervasive, though, watching him make bad passes and take bad shots on the offensive end was especially infuriating. He doesn't have to be a hero for the team to function on offense, but he certainly has to be a passable SEC point guard.

Even though we're still really, really early in the season, I think tonight's game will be telling. Whereas Miami is a veteran team that won 10 games in the ACC last year (including a win over Duke) and made it to the NIT finals, Texas Tech hasn't had a winning record in the Big-12 in eight years and have averaged about 3 conference wins a year over the past four years. (Tech is in year three of having Tubby Smith as their coach, by the way. Not sure I remembered he was there.) I'm interested to see how our guys perform against a Big-5 team with a similarly craptastic recent history. Let's hope we're better off now than we were in similar games against TCU the past couple of years.

Political Hack
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Exactly! His butt is too high therefor he gets flat footed every time someone does a simple crossover. You gotta keep your butt low and stay on your toes

That's just the start of it. He doesn't understand spacing on his own man, how to guard the passing the lane, when to block out when a shot goes up, etc... He runs around straight up thinking he's on a playground b

DanDority
11-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Defense requires effort, toughness, and heart. I might add GUTS! Not sure anyone on our team has any.

It also helps if you aren't the shortest guy on the court by nearly a foot. [B]This matters very little, being a guard, just ask Spud Webb or Muggsy Bogues./B]

Just saying.