PDA

View Full Version : Malik needs to

cheewgumm
11-19-2015, 10:24 PM
1) Move more without the ball

2) Get more aggressive shooting he ball. We need you to score... A lot!!!

msstate7
11-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Not settle for 3 point shots...

Dawg61
11-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Not settle for 3 point shots...

This! It's never been more easy in the history of college basketball to draw a foul. A top 5 "lock" should be salivating to take advantage of these new rules. Newman is clueless to it though. He gives off the impression that he doesn't understand the new rules whatsoever. Dribble and Jack 3s is all he understands.

msstate7
11-19-2015, 11:03 PM
This! It's never been more easy in the history of college basketball to draw a foul. A top 5 "lock" should be salivating to take advantage of these new rules. Newman is clueless to it though. He gives off the impression that he doesn't understand the new rules whatsoever. Dribble and Jack 3s is all he understands.

Sword and Malik should live at the FT line. Really hopeful that Sword's about to turn it on... He had a nice 2nd half after not looking good this year

BeardoMSU
11-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Sword and Malik should live at the FT line. Really hopeful that Sword's about to turn it on... He had a nice 2nd half after not looking good this year

They should absolutely be driving more. The problem, is that no one has reason to respect our shooters, so rather than staying close to their man outside the line, they come down low to help out when someone drives. The lanes just aren't there.

Dawg61
11-20-2015, 12:52 AM
They should absolutely be driving more. The problem, is that no one has reason to respect our shooters, so rather than staying close to their man outside the line, they come down low to help out when someone drives. The lanes just aren't there.

All it takes is the defender touching the driver to get a whistle. For someone like Newman with his elite quickness he always has the defender out of position. Drive and create the contact because the defender is always a step behind and that's a foul on the defense.

DudyDawg
11-20-2015, 01:25 AM
All it takes is the defender touching the driver to get a whistle. For someone like Newman with his elite quickness he always has the defender out of position. Drive and create the contact because the defender is always a step behind and that's a foul on the defense.

Yeah that's not the problem. The problem is driving in a clogged lane. Our spacing is shit and a half.

ScottH
11-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Dribble and Jack 3s is all he understands.

Isn't that the JPS playbook?

tcdog70
11-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Jamont Gordan would be unstoppable

CarolinaDawgs
11-20-2015, 11:36 AM

Ok I understand that its never been more "easy" to get calls, but not every game is going to be officiated like the Miami. For instance the TT/Utah game was all over the place and there were barely any of those dumb tampon calls. I agree he should be more aggressive to the basket, but I can almost guarantee we won't have another game where the crew is 120% committed to the new rules. Yesterday, I honestly don't think that we lose by much if they aren't in the bonus with 12 minutes in the 1st half and 10 left in the first half. Its not that the free throws hurt us its the fact that we couldn't play defense the way every Howland coached team has played defense and now we are scared to touch anybody cause its a foul so they just get free ****ing points cause we don't have a choice. I think we can be good defensively, but not good with a crew like that yesterday. We have to cheat and bump and hold a little to mask our deficiencies, and that wasn't allowed yesterday. Crews will loosen up by SEC play and we will compete in every game.

Maroon_and_white
11-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Ok I understand that its never been more "easy" to get calls, but not every game is going to be officiated like the Miami. For instance the TT/Utah game was all over the place and there were barely any of those dumb tampon calls. I agree he should be more aggressive to the basket, but I can almost guarantee we won't have another game where the crew is 120% committed to the new rules. Yesterday, I honestly don't think that we lose by much if they aren't in the bonus with 12 minutes in the 1st half and 10 left in the first half. Its not that the free throws hurt us its the fact that we couldn't play defense the way every Howland coached team has played defense and now we are scared to touch anybody cause its a foul so they just get free ****ing points cause we don't have a choice. I think we can be good defensively, but not good with a crew like that yesterday. We have to cheat and bump and hold a little to mask our deficiencies, and that wasn't allowed yesterday. Crews will loosen up by SEC play and we will compete in every game.

The point of emphasis this year was not to loosen up. That's what they did last year and the powers that be want no more of it.

CarolinaDawgs
11-20-2015, 12:04 PM
The point of emphasis this year was not to loosen up. That's what they did last year and the powers that be want no more of it.

Explain to me why its not getting called in every game? It will loosen up. can't change a culture over night #Mizzou

Dawg61
11-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Explain to me why its not getting called in every game? It will loosen up. can't change a culture over night #Mizzou

Someone should go on a hunger strike till they go back to the old rules. Renardo Sidney?

MafiaDawg
11-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Go to class to stay eligible for his sophomore campaign.

mparkerfd20
11-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Plan on being here another year at least.

mstatefan91
11-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Someone should go on a hunger strike till they go back to the old rules. Renardo Sidney?

Have to make it about race first. Somehow these new rules have to benefit white players. Ok sorry. I'll stop...

Dawg61
11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Have to make it about race first. Somehow these new rules have to benefit white players. Ok sorry. I'll stop...

Aha you've got it!! White players are more often than not on the bench. Get the starters in foul trouble and guess who has to play. Also there was no fouls in the Utah game because it's UTAH. #itmakessenseMizzou