PDA

View Full Version : New uninformed article about MSU Football

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2013, 10:19 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1723185-mississippi-state-football-dan-mullen-battles-an-unfair-crossroad

Two things:

1. I haven't heard 1 State fan say its time for a change. Why is the media stirring up a problem that doesn't exist?

2. Why to all the articles about MSU talk about wins and losses, yet none of them talk about the depth Mullen has built, little attrition, the stadium expansion, etc....?

messageboardsuperhero
07-31-2013, 10:24 PM
If you're looking for informed and insightful journalism, you might need to go somewhere other than bleacher report. They just try to stir stuff up to get page views.

My favorite part is at the beginning when the author says, "Some even suggest that Mullen is on the hot seat and must go." It then links you to a different article from the bleacher report by Barret Sallee in which a fan says Mullen has plenty of job security, but Sallee tries to spin shit to make it seem like Mullen's job is in jeopardy. The only dumbasses who think Mullen is in trouble are the people who write for that shitty website.

Behrdawg
07-31-2013, 10:33 PM
MBSH is right...your first problem lies within your source "bleacher report"

Coach34
07-31-2013, 10:39 PM
A State coach averaging 8 wins per season wont ever be on the hotseat- that's retarded

FlabLoser
07-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Barrett Sallee has had Mullen on the hot seat for some time now. I don't know why. Sallee has had a huge crush on Freeze and he has never had anything positive to say about Mullen.

Sallee earned a little of my respect in his 2012 predictions. But his take on what's happening at MSU has been way off.

The Croom Diaries
08-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Sometimes I wonder about the comprehension skills of readers. I don't know how you got the idea that is an "uninfromed article" about State. Did you only read the first paragraph?

First off, he was only linking Sallee's hot seat article from a year ago for good measure (that's what writers do to hammer a point home). The crux of his argument was that people in and out of the MSU community have been critical of Mullen's recruiting and questioned his coaching prowess - if you haven't seen that going around I'm not sure what to tell you (he even linked a 6 pack post about how Mullen can't recruit).

Then, he goes on to DEFEND Mullen and his accomplishments at State to say there is NO WAY he should be considered anything but the very best MSU has ever had in his first 4 years, and State fans, nor anyone else, should be questioning him at this point.

I think this was a great article that offered excellent perspective, and is much needed considering the current lull our fanbase is in.

And to your bullet points - Jake Wimberly is not "media". He is just like me - a State blogger. But if you consider him "media" then I am, and I put out articles all the damn time about the stuff in your second point about "why do all the articles..." is completely untrue. Jake is @notjoeleedunn on twitter - one of the bigger OM haters and MSU cheeleaders there is. I don't always agree with him, but I can certainly appreciate his passion for State. I really wish you'd read the article again, try to comprehend it, before tearing it, and him, down for it.

mic
08-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Everyone has to realize for some reason 90% of the media, websites, rags, sport talk shows, whatever else.. ALL have this huge man crush on the Rebs. and they have for as long as I can remember.. Its the strangest thing to me as to why... but they do..

Drugdog
08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
NEVER,
Read BR or give them page views.