PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bowl Uniforms

biscuit
11-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Any word if we are wearing some ghetto fab unis this year?

Statefan
11-19-2015, 02:39 PM

A guy that runs a twitter account dedicated to MSU uniforms claimed there was a leak -- and its not good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CToHwNBUcAAwwGW.jpg:large

BulldogBear
11-19-2015, 03:20 PM
A guy that runs a twitter account dedicated to MSU uniforms claimed there was a leak -- and its not good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CToHwNBUcAAwwGW.jpg:large

...perhaps...

@hailstateunis

CarolinaDawgs
11-19-2015, 03:28 PM

THIS WOULD GET YOU FIRED ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI...

bulldawg28
11-19-2015, 04:18 PM
We should go all gold for the night

Dawg61
11-19-2015, 04:29 PM
We should go all gold for the night

Can we go all gold domes like Notre Dame or will they sue us?

NCDawg
11-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Well, we're not Alabama so we have to do something different.

dawg27
11-19-2015, 05:02 PM
I dont care what we wear we just need to win!

bulldawg28
11-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Can we go all gold domes like Notre Dame or will they sue us?

They couldn't sue us for wearing it.

PassInterference
11-19-2015, 06:37 PM
The gold egg bowl helmet was awesome.

Todd4State
11-19-2015, 07:04 PM
The gold egg bowl helmet was awesome.

Agree!

djaymsu5
11-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Good God!! Can we switch back to Nike already?

Todd4State
11-19-2015, 09:13 PM

Also agree! I was expecting the Egg Bowl uniforms to be kind of like our current uniforms but with gold trim, numbers etc. Similar to the black uniforms we wore this year but maroon and gold.

ChevChelios
11-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Also agree! I was expecting the Egg Bowl uniforms to be kind of like our current uniforms but with gold trim, numbers etc. Similar to the black uniforms we wore this year but maroon and gold.

And that would look DAMN good.

TimberBeast
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
THIS WOULD GET YOU FIRED ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI...

Well, that's only if you are white.

PassInterference
11-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Its a good look. But I think the numbers could use a double-striped black & white outline.

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/dak-prescott-egg-bowl-tri.jpg?w=694

HereComesTheSpiral
11-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Is this the fan jersey of team jersey? I thought you couldn't put slogans on jerseys.

djaymsu5
11-20-2015, 04:45 PM
I may be in the minority here but I absolutely hate adidas. I understand we have a contract with them until 2020 which sucks btw but compared to adidas and even under armour does it seem like adidas stuff is just cheaply made? I hate the new MState banner logo we use too. It all looks so cheap. The diagonal MSU logo that Nike owns is by far the best logo we ever had. It's sharp and clean looking. I know I'm young but if you guys don't think that uniforms can help or hurt your program you're wrong. I understand that teams like bama, penn state, LSU etc. have the traditional look but all of those programs have history. We don't! We need all the help we can get and with the crap adidas keeps making for us it's not helping. There is a reason ole miss is getting better recruiting classes than us and it's not just cause of the money and girls on their visits. We have those too just like everyone else. Adidas gives us more money yes but in the mean time we look awful as a team with the uniforms they give us. I have not honestly seen a good one yet that they have made. I truly honestly think our recruiting would get better if we switched back to Nike but that's just me.

djaymsu5
11-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Compared to Nike and under armour sorry

Ralph
11-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Love the gold egg bowl unis. Hope we always do this

CadaverDawg
11-20-2015, 10:48 PM
I like them if those are real. I simply cannot understand how people get so upset over uniforms. If the players like em, why the hell do you care? It's a uniform.

Bass Chaser
11-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Um, y'all did see the unis Nike did for Jxnville right?!?!

Homedawg
11-20-2015, 11:22 PM
I may be in the minority here but I absolutely hate adidas. I understand we have a contract with them until 2020 which sucks btw but compared to adidas and even under armour does it seem like adidas stuff is just cheaply made? I hate the new MState banner logo we use too. It all looks so cheap. The diagonal MSU logo that Nike owns is by far the best logo we ever had. It's sharp and clean looking. I know I'm young but if you guys don't think that uniforms can help or hurt your program you're wrong. I understand that teams like bama, penn state, LSU etc. have the traditional look but all of those programs have history. We don't! We need all the help we can get and with the crap adidas keeps making for us it's not helping. There is a reason ole miss is getting better recruiting classes than us and it's not just cause of the money and girls on their visits. We have those too just like everyone else. Adidas gives us more money yes but in the mean time we look awful as a team with the uniforms they give us. I have not honestly seen a good one yet that they have made. I truly honestly think our recruiting would get better if we switched back to Nike but that's just me.

Yea, we were elite recruiters every year when we were w Nike before****. I'm sure that's the reason. Good grief. It's a uniform. And we aren't going back to Nike anytime soon. This is beating a dead horse anyway.

defiantdog
11-20-2015, 11:27 PM
We must be getting bored. We're starting to argue about some weird shit.

Todd4State
11-21-2015, 12:40 AM
I like them if those are real. I simply cannot understand how people get so upset over uniforms. If the players like em, why the hell do you care? It's a uniform.

Do we know for a FACT that the players like them? We hear this a lot but I highly doubt they have much input into the actual uniform design.

PMDawg
11-21-2015, 09:28 AM

do you really truly honesty really think that? I'm with the "who cares" crowd. yeah, those are ugly to me, but I couldn't care less. I've never met one person, who was not an MSU fan, who said our uniforms were bad/ugly/cheap/etc.

djaymsu5
11-21-2015, 10:23 AM
Yea, we were elite recruiters every year when we were w Nike before****. I'm sure that's the reason. Good grief. It's a uniform. And we aren't going back to Nike anytime soon. This is beating a dead horse anyway.

We have never been elite recruiters and probably never will be. That's not what I said. I said our recruiting would get better than what it is now. Think what you want man but these kids when they come on recruiting visits love that stuff and it really can help or hurt you. I'm not saying that is the only reason that they would come to the school but it certainly helps. It is a dead horse that continues to be beat but until we keep bitching about it they will never get rid of adidas. Adidas sucks dude! There is a reason that majority of the big named athletes in the pro's wear Nike over Adidas. I will admit they have made some cool looking uniforms here and there but compared to other adidas schools our jerseys look the worst. Look I understand it could be a lot worse and we could still be with Russell but adidas really needs to step their game up.

djaymsu5
11-21-2015, 10:28 AM
do you really truly honesty really think that? I'm with the "who cares" crowd. yeah, those are ugly to me, but I couldn't care less. I've never met one person, who was not an MSU fan, who said our uniforms were bad/ugly/cheap/etc.

Yes I truly think that. You may be with the who cares crowd but you aren't a recruit/player either so you don't know what these kids think. I've been a recruit before and I've had friends that were and yes the jerseys or uniforms do help sometimes. Again it's not the predominant reason kids go to that particular school but it will and can help. This years uniforms have looked a lot better than what we were wearing a couple of years ago. I've had several people that are not msu fans tell me how terrible our uniforms look and yes it is embarrassing. At the end of the day it's just a uniform but with all of that money adidas supposedly has and gives us they should be able to spend and make a better uniform than that shit.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Do we know for a FACT that the players like them? We hear this a lot but I highly doubt they have much input into the actual uniform design.

Well they sure as hell loved em last year, the year before, the blackouts, the white outs, etc... Because many of them commented on them. Recruits commented on them too. Plus, 17-22 year olds love flashy, and new, and fresh....and since we don't have a "traditional" uniform, why not give em something fresh? It's one damn game....it's truly nothing worth discussing. And technically, having a special Egg Bowl jersey has actually become more of a "tradition" at MSU than any other uniform has in our less than stellar football history. So why not just embrace it?

I mean, if you don't like em, that's your choice....I just don't get it. I don't understand why in the hell it matters so much. Nobody makes fun of them, except Ole Miss fans, and they usually get attention in the media and the majority of recruits and players like them.

Also, judging by our past conversations, I'm guessing you are a >30 year old white guy. The players are ~20 yr old primarily African American, and some white....so I'm going to leave it up to the coaches getting player feedback and Adidas whom is paid to follow trends and know what young kids think is "cool", to tell me what they want to wear...because my adult white ass has no clue what "cool" is for a 20 year old football player. I do know that they don't typically like "same old plain uniforms" as "cool"....so I'm fine with a different uni every week. Hell, make us the Oregon of the SEC...will get us attention, more money from Adidas, more chatter and publicity, etc. It's not like our history of Championships is going to propel us, so why not have fun and be different?

One way or the other though, I still don't understand why people get so worked up over a uniform.

sandjunky
11-21-2015, 02:52 PM

Won't happen while Howland is here...

Jack Lambert
11-21-2015, 02:55 PM
I dont care what we wear we just need to win!

I don't care what we wear as long as the guy who sits behind me will shut up. He knows everything to know about football but don't know shit.

Dawg61
11-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Um, y'all did see the unis Nike did for Jxnville right?!?!

Lol I thought those were awesome. If you look at the Jaguar in the emblem it's those two colors that they used for the entire uniform. They basically made Jaguar costumes. Which is awesome imo. The all green Jets unis and all red Bills unis they broke out during the previous Thursday night game were much worse than the Jaguars full body unis. Again imo.

Dawg61
11-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Won't happen while Howland is here...

Exactly. We are an Adidas school guys. We are in bed with them. Married. Till death do us part. Since we accepted the Adidas gift for basketball coach we have signed 9 top 150 players. We can wear Adidas's version of Hooters shorts for football if Adidas helps us get 9 top 150 football players.

PMDawg
11-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes I truly think that. You may be with the who cares crowd but you aren't a recruit/player either so you don't know what these kids think. I've been a recruit before and I've had friends that were and yes the jerseys or uniforms do help sometimes. Again it's not the predominant reason kids go to that particular school but it will and can help. This years uniforms have looked a lot better than what we were wearing a couple of years ago. I've had several people that are not msu fans tell me how terrible our uniforms look and yes it is embarrassing. At the end of the day it's just a uniform but with all of that money adidas supposedly has and gives us they should be able to spend and make a better uniform than that shit.

I don't believe any of that.

djaymsu5
11-21-2015, 04:49 PM
I don't believe any of that.

What don't you believe?

djaymsu5
11-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Exactly. We are an Adidas school guys. We are in bed with them. Married. Till death do us part. Since we accepted the Adidas gift for basketball coach we have signed 9 top 150 players. We can wear Adidas's version of Hooters shorts for football if Adidas helps us get 9 top 150 football players.

It won't as long as Mullen is here. And even if it did he would just redshirt them and play a 5th year senior that sucks.

Todd4State
11-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Well they sure as hell loved em last year, the year before, the blackouts, the white outs, etc... Because many of them commented on them. Recruits commented on them too. Plus, 17-22 year olds love flashy, and new, and fresh....and since we don't have a "traditional" uniform, why not give em something fresh? It's one damn game....it's truly nothing worth discussing. And technically, having a special Egg Bowl jersey has actually become more of a "tradition" at MSU than any other uniform has in our less than stellar football history. So why not just embrace it?

I mean, if you don't like em, that's your choice....I just don't get it. I don't understand why in the hell it matters so much. Nobody makes fun of them, except Ole Miss fans, and they usually get attention in the media and the majority of recruits and players like them.

Also, judging by our past conversations, I'm guessing you are a >30 year old white guy. The players are ~20 yr old primarily African American, and some white....so I'm going to leave it up to the coaches getting player feedback and Adidas whom is paid to follow trends and know what young kids think is "cool", to tell me what they want to wear...because my adult white ass has no clue what "cool" is for a 20 year old football player. I do know that they don't typically like "same old plain uniforms" as "cool"....so I'm fine with a different uni every week. Hell, make us the Oregon of the SEC...will get us attention, more money from Adidas, more chatter and publicity, etc. It's not like our history of Championships is going to propel us, so why not have fun and be different?

One way or the other though, I still don't understand why people get so worked up over a uniform.

Again I like the Egg Bowl uniform. People probably wonder why we talk about sports. Uniforms are a discussion topic that some people like. Not a big deal.

I just think it's interesting that any uniform we put out no matter how good or bad- well the players love them.