PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns will go after Saban

TrapGame
11-19-2015, 01:20 PM
If the rumors are true that Charlie Strong has been in touch with Miami through his agent. IF CS goes to Miami the Texas money will come in dump truck loads to get Saban out of Alabama.

From CBS Sports Analyst Brian Jones and mentioned in an article on SDS.

Dental Dawg33
11-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Saw somewhere where Texas offered Saban something like $100 million total package with a $12-15 million signing bonus, last year...could only imagine what it would be if they "go after Saban"

Taog Redloh
11-19-2015, 01:27 PM
SMH. No.

That ship has sailed.

msstate7
11-19-2015, 01:27 PM
We should offer Saban a million on top of what Texas offers for him to go to UT**

ckDOG
11-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Saban's next move will be NFL or his lake house.

TrapGame
11-19-2015, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Saban wins one more Natty and moves on whether retiring for a little while or to the NFL. I don't think he's going to Texas.

defiantdog
11-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Saban's next move will be NFL or his lake house.

He sold his lake house last year and actually took a loss on it. Saban has recently invested in the new Mercedes dealership that is going up on Grants Mill Rd in Birmingham. He's not going anywhere. His charity golf tournament just got booked and finalized for May as well. If anyone is leaving, it's Kirby Smart and / or Kiffin..... not Saban.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I don't give a damn where Saban goes as long as he gets the hell out of the SEC...

Maroonthirteen
11-19-2015, 02:55 PM
He sold his lake house last year and actually took a loss on it. Saban has recently invested in the new Mercedes dealership that is going up on Grants Mill Rd in Birmingham. He's not going anywhere. His charity golf tournament just got booked and finalized for May as well. If anyone is leaving, it's Kirby Smart and / or Kiffin..... not Saban.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/116a8zosxwA0SI/giphy.gif

msstate7
11-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Would we be that much better off if Saban left? Right now we make a decent living on recruits that aren't up to saban's standards from the state of Alabama. Let's say bama hires a guy that can't pull 5*'s from all over the country and then starts really relying on Alabama recruits more... This could hurt us more than our annual spanking by Saban

Thick
11-19-2015, 03:09 PM

That's true, a friend of mine and Original48 will be running his dealership.

Maroon_and_white
11-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Maybe im naive, but what does money really matter to Nick when he makes 8 mil a year and has 0 Expenses. Houses, cars, clothes, food, everything is paid for by Alabama. Hell if he wanted a vacay he would just take a boosters private plane, and MAYBE pay for the resort hes staying at. There's virtually nothing he has to pay for in Ttown and pockets 8 mil a year.

starkvegasdawg
11-19-2015, 03:20 PM
We should offer Saban a million on top of what Texas offers for him to go to UT**

It'd be funny as hell if every SEC West team pledged to add a couple million to the pot.

Lance Harbor
11-19-2015, 03:31 PM

He had a Spec house and one for his family.

/Saban Stalker

basedog
11-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Let this rumor be true! Free Mullen (and everyone else in the Sec)!

sleepy dawg
11-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Money is probably more about respect than anything to him. He doesn't need anymore money. He won't spend anywhere close to what he has now. A couple million to him is a drop in the hat at this point of his life.

Political Hack
11-19-2015, 04:25 PM
They were prepared to offer him a $100 million 10 year deal last time they hired a head coach. If he wasn't interested then I'm not sure why he'd be now.

Coursesuper
11-19-2015, 04:31 PM
He could take one of the Drummonds G5's where he needs it. They have enough to go around.

NCDawg
11-19-2015, 04:51 PM
I knew when Alabama hired him in 2007 our chances of getting back to Atlanta were going to be very slim.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Charlie isn't going anywhere unless he gets fired which is pretty doubtful, he is getting one more year at Texas. Miami can't even come close to his current salary, and he isn't going to be dumb and lose all the guaranteed money he would get if he was fired by choosing to leave. If he gets fired I want to say I heard he will make 8-10 mil based on the contract he signed.

fader2103
11-19-2015, 08:35 PM
I didn't know you had to be in the same state to be a partner in a dealership *

I seen it dawg
11-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Mullen to Texas