PDA

View Full Version : Calling IYOK

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-18-2015, 11:39 AM
I was reading an article about Abdul Ado and it had several quotes from Ado's guardian. Evidently the guardian is/was a coach himself on the AAU level or something similar. He was quoted as saying he coached several current NBA players such as Durant, Gay, etc. He also said he has known Zeigler and McCray for years, even competing against Zeigler years ago and had a great relationship with them, thus Ado having his blessing to sign with us.

My question is....is the guardian still coaching on this level? If so, I can't help but think he'll send other players our way in the future.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-18-2015, 11:46 AM
I was reading an article about Abdul Ado and it had several quotes from Ado's guardian. Evidently the guardian is/was a coach himself on the AAU level or something similar. He was quoted as saying he coached several current NBA players such as Durant, Gay, etc. He also said he has known Zeigler and McCray for years, even competing against Zeigler years ago and had a great relationship with them, thus Ado having his blessing to sign with us.

My question is....is the guardian still coaching on this level? If so, I can't help but think he'll send other players our way in the future.

Interestingly enough this same coach was quoted in saying that Ado was the best shot blocker he has ever coach..and that included LaMarcus Aldridge and the Lopez twins...and that his wingspan is 7'5" and only 2 current NBA players have that span or greater. I am really excited about Ado and I look forward to hearing the PA announcer say he name in intros. He has a perfect name for it....ABBDUUUUUUUUUUULLLL ADOOOOOooooooo!!

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Just from Googling, the guardian is not the coach of the Georgia Stars but he is the coach for USA Elite....not sure what USA Elite is. Another AAU team? Anyway the Georgia Stars are the best AAU team in the country.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 11:49 AM
His name is Linzy Davis. I'm pretty sure he still runs & coaches the Georgia Stars AAU team.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2015, 12:01 PM
He also said "Mississippi is the Hollywood of the South!" When asked about signing with MSU.

If that's what Howland is using since he used to be in the Real Hollywood...fine by me.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Linzy Davis much like Ohmar Carter know how to talk up programs. They're going to be very complimentary to any & every program they visit or speak to. They realize that they have tons of kids going D1 so you have to be politician like with your words & comments.

gtowndawg
11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
He also said "Mississippi is the Hollywood of the South!" When asked about signing with MSU.

If that's what Howland is using since he used to be in the Real Hollywood...fine by me.

Hollyville!

maroonmania
11-18-2015, 01:52 PM

I thought we were the Las Vegas of the South?

maroonmania
11-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Ado is from Nigeria and Schnider is from Haiti. Guess we are going to have our own international team.