PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for another thread, but Jamal Peters just got offered by FSU...

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 05:43 PM
I am really hating the fact that FSU is hitting MS so hard right now. ****ing Brewster. Hopefully these kids decide to stay home.

By the way, did anyone catch Jimbo's quote from an interview yesterday? He said something to the effect of "We want to be on SEC level, and we think we are there".

Dawg61
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Florida State was pretty damn good last year. It's Florida State though. Who can't recruit there? That has to be one of the easiest schools to recruit for.

Bass Chaser
07-31-2013, 07:00 PM
I think they just kicked their #1 wide receiver off the team. FSU also lost at least 3 asst coaches last year.

engie
07-31-2013, 07:19 PM
FSU going to learn exactly the hard way what Alabama, LSU, and everyone else in the SEC has already learned... It's DAMN hard to cherrypick ANYONE from Mississippi these days.

Going to be very, very rare that they come into here and take the top talent from us. Pack was a different circumstance given his pre-existing relationship with Brewster, and I'll still be SHOCKED if he sticks. Nevermind how easy it is to negative recruit against someone that is trying to job hop their way back up the ladder like Brewster is...

camsu
07-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Brewster will be gone in 2 yrs max, then FSU will have to start all over. Peters will be with his cousins the Moore twins at MSU

RougeDawg
07-31-2013, 07:39 PM
FSU going to learn exactly the hard way what Alabama, LSU, and everyone else in the SEC has already learned... It's DAMN hard to cherrypick ANYONE from Mississippi these days.

Going to be very, very rare that they come into here and take the top talent from us. Pack was a different circumstance given his pre-existing relationship with Brewster, and I'll still be SHOCKED if he sticks. Nevermind how easy it is to negative recruit against someone that is trying to job hop their way back up the ladder like Brewster is...

don't appear to be very good at it. We could have easily flipped and prevented the flip of numerous players the past few years from OM and others, but apparently we are too nice. There are multiple approaches to steal recruits away from OM and prevent them from flipping late. You have to admit that what's happened to us with recruits the past few years, given the shittiness of OM football recently, makes you scratch your head.

But there always is the wild card when speaking of OM recruiting ($).

engie
07-31-2013, 08:40 PM
don't appear to be very good at it. We could have easily flipped and prevented the flip of numerous players the past few years from OM and others, but apparently we are too nice. There are multiple approaches to steal recruits away from OM and prevent them from flipping late. You have to admit that what's happened to us with recruits the past few years, given the shittiness of OM football recently, makes you scratch your head.

But there always is the wild card when speaking of OM recruiting ($).

Not really. What has happened to us at the hands of Ole Miss? That perception is based on a perfect storm in ONE class, where they really only flipped one player, whose primary recruiter(Hudspeth) left -- along with his position coach and DC(Diaz) -- THREE years ago...

If anyone ever truly thought that Snoop or Kailo were truly committed to us, that's on them, not our staff. They just get great joy out of toying with us on a few players. I predict that this year, they will be taking some of their own medicine... Possibly soon...

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Have you been to tallahassee?

Behrdawg
07-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Coach Brew made some great relationships here in MS during his short time here. I really hate we couldnt hang onto him. He will continue to work those relationships and he has a bead on lots of MS recruits for the next few recruiting classes. CDM really needs to step up his A-game right now. He is on the right track, but the road isn't going to be easy. Deshea got off to a good start and I think we will see good things out of him this upcoming class and hopefully for years to come.

Quaoarsking
07-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Here's the thing about Florida State -- yeah, they have great fan support at all, but they have to go 13-0 or they don't have a shot at the national title game, thanks to their shortsighted athletic department pussing out and joining the ACC instead of the SEC 20 years ago.

And even if they do manage to go 13-0 (which they won't, because Jimbo is a mediocre coach and always loses 1 or more games to teams with clearly inferior talent like NC State or Wake Forest), they'll still be in the very back of the line and have to hope there's not 2 other undefeated teams. FSU going to the ACC was an absolutely horrible decision for them, and I don't understand why any player who's not a fan would want to go walk into that.

ETA: if by some chance FSU does make it to the title game, they won't be battle-tested.

FISHDAWG
08-01-2013, 09:04 AM
we need to send Azzuridawg an invitation to the board ... hard for me to keep up with all of our targets, he makes it nice and simple for guys that don't follow recruiting as closely as he does

Big4Dawg
08-01-2013, 09:16 AM
I really hope we get Peters.

We lead currently.

"Mississippi State is still at the top," said Peters. "I like everything about them and it is close to home. But I am going to wait until my senior year until I decide anything and I am just taking things slow."

Big4Dawg
08-01-2013, 09:18 AM
we need to send Azzuridawg an invitation to the board ... hard for me to keep up with all of our targets, he makes it nice and simple for guys that don't follow recruiting as closely as he does

Peters is a 5* S from Brassfield. He is going to be a Junior next year

Jack Lambert
08-01-2013, 11:13 AM
You don't think Florida when you are there.

Pollodawg
08-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Not really. What has happened to us at the hands of Ole Miss? That perception is based on a perfect storm in ONE class, where they really only flipped one player, whose primary recruiter(Hudspeth) left -- along with his position coach and DC(Diaz) -- THREE years ago...

If anyone ever truly thought that Snoop or Kailo were truly committed to us, that's on them, not our staff. They just get great joy out of toying with us on a few players. I predict that this year, they will be taking some of their own medicine... Possibly soon...

If you don't want to say who out loud, PM me what you know. lol