PDA

View Full Version : Willie Gay

djaymsu5
11-18-2015, 08:46 AM
I know this has been talked about but why are we not really recruiting this guy? He's got the perfect body type to play the Matt Wells role at LB. I understand we have some other targets I'm sure but this guy is in our backyard and it would be a real shame to see him sign with our rival on the count of us not really recruiting him. I read an article of him saying he is looking to make a decision sometime after the season but he said that our coaches haven't really been talking to him lately other than saying "good luck" before a game. I feel like our coaches have taken a step back on recruiting this year. Please tell me if I'm wrong but after the class we had last year you would think that would be something to build on. Recruiting is an every year thing you cannot just do it every other year or every two years. I know Mullen is all about development but it's time to get a real recruiter other than Tony Hughes for MS guys. Not saying to let Tony go but to add to what we have. Thoughts?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 08:50 AM
He's a 2017 kid. We haven't pushed for a commitment but we're recruiting him. He hasn't had the best of years regardless of ranking. He won't decide until at least the spring probably summer or later. Too early to be panicking.

djaymsu5
11-18-2015, 08:54 AM
I gotcha! I knew he was a 2017 kid but I can understand that flawed rankings part. Not really panicking but just thought it would be a shame for ole miss to get him when he's in our back yard I'm sure we could find a place for him to play. Thanks for the info

msstate7
11-18-2015, 08:56 AM
If we land AJ and jones, you have to think we'll be tough to beat esp with him from Starkville