PDA

View Full Version : Veteran NFL Scout on Alabama's D-Line..

Maroon_and_white
11-17-2015, 05:14 PM
"The deepest and most talented collection of defensive linemen in college football. In fact, one veteran NFL scout who has been in the business almost two decades calls the Tide D-line group the best he's ever seen."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-defense-ashawn-robinson-jonathan-allen-jarran-reed-dalvin-tomlinson-darren-lake-111715

smootness
11-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Screw the NFC East, they'd win the Super Bowl***

msstate7
11-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Screw the NFC East, they'd win the Super Bowl***

Haha

Coach34
11-17-2015, 07:59 PM
Ole Missus beat them and scored alot of points

blacklistedbully
11-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Ole Missus beat them and scored alot of points

Got 14 unearned points AND 5 t/o advantage. Seriously, who wouldn't beat Bama with that kind of advantage.

IMO, winning by only 6 in such a game is piss poor.

Coach34
11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Got 14 unearned points AND 5 t/o advantage. Seriously, who wouldn't beat Bama with that kind of advantage.

IMO, winning by only 6 in such a game is piss poor.

blahhhh blahhhhh blahhhhhhh

Ole Missu beat them on the road-and we got blown the **** out at home

SDDawg
11-17-2015, 11:18 PM

You done yet?!

TUSK
11-17-2015, 11:25 PM

you must not have gotten the memo...

only Bama can beat Bama.*

msstate7
11-17-2015, 11:26 PM
you must not have gotten the memo...

only Bama can beat Bama.*

And urban

AROB44
11-18-2015, 07:03 AM

Beginning the campaign for Willingham? Not going to happen. You don't know as much as you think you do. I guess being too close to corn dog fans has gotten to you. They ran off Charlie Mac because he could not beat Bama and then suffered through Curly Hallman and Gary Denardo. Be very careful what you wish for....you just might get it.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Beginning the campaign for Willingham? Not going to happen. You don't know as much as you think you do. I guess being too close to corn dog fans has gotten to you. They ran off Charlie Mac because he could not beat Bama and then suffered through Curly Hallman and Gary Denardo. Be very careful what you wish for....you just might get it.

i know enough to know that Mullen is talking to a couple of schools right now thru his agent and many of our big boys don't expect him back next year

SallyStansbury
11-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Boom, and there we have it....it has begun.

Now we can have an awkward loss and some more finger pointing between the offense and defense, etc. Manny talking to Maryland Rumors. That is what playing favorites with coaches gets you. Hev recruits poorly and produces a line that whiffs vs Alabama but no accountability required. Coaching Turnover here we go.
We REALLY need a victory against ARK to shut all this up.

msstate7
11-18-2015, 07:50 AM
i know enough to know that Mullen is talking to a couple of schools right now thru his agent and many of our big boys don't expect him back next year

If Mullen does decide to leave (hope not), has monken done enough at usm to put his name in the hat with Kyle, Herman, and fuente?

Tbonewannabe
11-18-2015, 07:51 AM

With all the jobs open right now it would suck looking for a coach.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 08:09 AM
If Mullen does decide to leave (hope not), has monken done enough at usm to put his name in the hat with Kyle, Herman, and fuente?

only thing he told me on that was Memphis and Houston coaches on the radar- but everything is super prelim at this point. Will be 3-4 weeks before anything happens- if it does

HSVDawg
11-18-2015, 08:39 AM

I'm not questioning your sources but I'm also not sure this means anything. Most valued college football coaches talk to other schools through their agents pretty much every year, and with possibly 20+ openings this year he would be almost foolish to at least not see what's out there. He either wants to finish his career in Starkville or he doesn't and there's not much Stricklin or Keenum can do to change his mind if he decides to go.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-18-2015, 09:32 AM

We need a man who can beat Saban at Bama. Bring back Croom *

basedog
11-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Sucks having the agenda I'm reading, name calling coaches, can't beat Bama buttttt ole miss can, we can't recruit stars cause stars matter and sources say...... We still have 3 games to play.

ED = Ego's run wild!!!!

BB30
11-18-2015, 10:41 AM
so several here think mullen is not that great of a coach and we can do better but also are saying that he will leave for a better job...Why would anyone hire a guy that is "supposedly" not that great of a coach and has lost to Alabama every year?*** Odd, I would not think anyone would want him if that was the case.

bulldawg28
11-18-2015, 10:46 AM
If Mullen leaves it will be for USC in California

Political Hack
11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Ole miss runs an offense that neutralizes the DL. They don't make their QB stand in the pocket for 7 seconds waiting for Bear Wilson to get 50 yards down the field in one on one coverage to make a back shoulder throw.

Political Hack
11-18-2015, 11:02 AM
so several here think mullen is not that great of a coach and we can do better but also are saying that he will leave for a better job...Why would anyone hire a guy that is "supposedly" not that great of a coach and has lost to Alabama every year?*** Odd, I would not think anyone would want him if that was the case.

We're a better program than USCe and UGA. They take our leftovers.***

maroonmania
11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Ole miss runs an offense that neutralizes the DL. They don't make their QB stand in the pocket for 7 seconds waiting for Bear Wilson to get 50 yards down the field in one on one coverage to make a back shoulder throw.

^^This. I couldn't believe we called so many pass plays with Dak just standing flat footed in the pocket trying to go through 5 to 6 reads. Yes, our OL sucks, but our coaches did NOTHING to help them out. Apparently our offensive gurus have never heard of a roll out.

maroonmania
11-18-2015, 11:13 AM

Great to start spouting this mess with the height of recruiting about to kick up.

msstate7
11-18-2015, 11:15 AM
^^This. I couldn't believe we called so many pass plays with Dak just standing flat footed in the pocket trying to go through 5 to 6 reads. Yes, our OL sucks, but our coaches did NOTHING to help them out. Apparently our offensive gurus have never heard of a roll out.

I'm sure some of that was our wr's couldn't beat their db's off the LOS

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2015, 11:16 AM
Their 5 turnovers meant a lot of drives starting in the red zone. How many times did we get in the red zone and end up not being able to do anything but go backwards? With the big peanut filled turd we laid on the field Saturday I don't think it would have mattered if they had given us 5 turnovers. We wouldn't have been able to anything with them.

starkvegasdawg
11-18-2015, 11:18 AM

We want Hud...before the show cause.***

TimberBeast
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
"The deepest and most talented collection of defensive linemen in college football. In fact, one veteran NFL scout who has been in the business almost two decades calls the Tide D-line group the best he's ever seen."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-defense-ashawn-robinson-jonathan-allen-jarran-reed-dalvin-tomlinson-darren-lake-111715

That's not a hard article to write after we just made their line look like the best line to ever play the game.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Great to start spouting this mess with the height of recruiting about to kick up.

it is what it is- he leaves in early Dec- it's going to get crazy anyway.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 12:00 PM

A guarantee?

ChevChelios
11-18-2015, 12:09 PM

Sorry, I just dont see it happening.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2015, 12:16 PM

Oh, shit....here we go

BeardoMSU
11-18-2015, 12:17 PM
A guarantee?

I hope you find time to still post here from your new digs at Vtech or Maryland, Dan. We're gonna miss you***

defiantdog
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I'd like to know who these big boys are..... It's definitely not the same I know. This isn't a good rumor to spread..... Mullen cares more about this team then you give him credit for. He's not Stansbury..... He actually cares about the well being of his players. I've seen it first hand. By the way, he's a horrible golfer.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 12:50 PM
A guarantee?

I guess I should have said "should be leave"....but multiple people think it's a foregone conclusion at this point. We'll see

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 01:13 PM
I guess I should have said "should be leave"....but multiple people think it's a foregone conclusion at this point. We'll see

Gotcha. I just know you don't normally hold your tongue that's why I asked.

Sacrifice
11-18-2015, 01:18 PM
I hate to say it but if we lose to OM at home, come out with a horrible game plan and play uninspired ball again and Mullen falls to 1-3 versus Freeze. I'm gonna be ready for a change.

RougeDawg
11-18-2015, 01:22 PM
I'd like to know who these big boys are..... It's definitely not the same I know. This isn't a good rumor to spread..... Mullen cares more about this team then you give him credit for. He's not Stansbury..... He actually cares about the well being of his players. I've seen it first hand. By the way, he's a horrible golfer.

Been holding this back for over a month, but yes there are people "in the know", "cigar boys", etc. who are fed up with the BS non imaginative playcalling, keeping certain coaches, and other items. They've been in this discussion since the piss poor LSU showing by our HC. They are fed up with our HC holding back the reigns, when they know we have to play balls to the wall to beat the more talented teams. They are tired of a complacent, satisfied coach. Sorry some of you rather not address it, but a large group have been fed up with Dan for going on 3 years now. The beginning of last season kept them quiet until Dan went back in his shell starting in Lexington and never came out.

Political Hack
11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
I haven't heard that through anyone directly but there are some things he's done lately that have made me wonder if he's got his eyes set on the horizon. I think it would be a step backwards for the program if he leaves, regardless of who we hire, and to be honest I'm not sure I trust Strick yet to make a big time football hire. He hit a HR with Vic and BH, but his hands were held along the way with BH after the Ricky Ray debacle.

Political Hack
11-18-2015, 01:24 PM
Been holding this back for over a month, but yes there are people "in the know", "cigar boys", etc. who are fed up with the BS non imaginative playcalling, keeping certain coaches, and other items. They've been in this discussion since the piss poor LSU showing by our HC. They are fed up with our HC holding back the reigns, when they know we have to play balls to the wall to beat the more talented teams. They are tired of a complacent, satisfied coach. Sorry some of you rather not address it, but a large group have been fed up with Dan for going on 3 years now. The beginning of last season kept them quiet until Dan went back in his shell starting in Lexington and never came out.

This is an annual thing. And its somethings that occurs regularly with every big time football program unless you're winning a natty every 4-5 years.

Boston
11-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Ray will 100% be back!

Coach34
11-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Gotcha. I just know you don't normally hold your tongue that's why I asked.

I dont unless told "you cant let this out"....I sat on this for about 10 days- but after Saturday- **** it. There's a method to my madness of getting Whittingham's name out there so the right people know he is interested.

AROB44
11-18-2015, 01:52 PM

And this has been what is wrong with MSU athletics historically. Meddling by alumni who know more, want so and so to play, want to decide who are asst coaches, etc. Unfortunately, looks like nothing has changed.

bulldawg28
11-18-2015, 01:57 PM
I dont unless told "you cant let this out"....I sat on this for about 10 days- but after Saturday- **** it. There's a method to my madness of getting Whittingham's name out there so the right people know he is interested.

Whittingham isn't a good option his career is going downhill

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 02:00 PM

I guess we'll see how it plays out. We'll compare notes as it gets closer.

maroonmania
11-18-2015, 02:04 PM

Seriously, who wants him that would pay him more than 4mil/year? I just don't see Mullen being at the top of the USC pecking order (especially after the AL drubbing) and that's one of the few jobs out there that would be a step up if he really wants to go into the soap opera that is USC football. LA life is vastly different than Starkville life so I would be curious if Megan would want to take her family out there. Besides that, what other job would be a real step up that would have any interest?

basedog
11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
I guess we'll see how it plays out. We'll compare notes as it gets closer.

I'm going with you on this. Like I said earlier the agenda on this subject sucks, but after all rumors are welcomed.

Btw Ifyouonlyknew, I saw your "OK' reply, I think I caught your drift.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:07 PM
56 aint that old...he was 9-4 last year and is 8-2 now.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm going with you on this. Like I said earlier the agenda on this subject sucks, but after all rumors are welcomed.

Btw Ifyouonlyknew, I saw your "OK' reply, I think I caught your drift.

There is no agenda here- and nothing I say will affect this situation one bit

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-18-2015, 02:14 PM

Please Explain to me how Whittingham is better than Mullen other than "He beat Alabama once.

Records since 2011:

State ( Mullen ) Utah (Whittingham)

2011 7-6 ............................... 8-5
2012 8-5 ................................5-7
2013 7-6 ................................5-7
2014 10-3 ..............................9-4
2015 7-3.................................8-2 (fresh off a loss to a mediocre Arizona team at home)

After that 2011-2013 stretch Whittingham should consider himself lucky to still have a job.

Could it be recruiting you say? Let's Take a look!

These Rankings are according scout.com over the last 5 years

MSU (Mullen) Utah (Whittingham)

2012 18..........................33
2013 20..........................53
2014 39..........................69
2015 19..........................53
2016 YTD 50.........................47

So lets review these stats above. Over the last 5 years Mullen has a better record and recruited better (in the best division in college football) than Whittingham but somehow Whittingham is the guy we need to take us to the next level. Your entire basis for your argument is that Utah beat Bama one time in a Sugar Bowl that Alabama clearly didn't care about. If beating Bama is the one and only goal maybe we should try to steal Hugh freeze away from UNM. Oh wait a second I forgot that your signature says this:

And he has a fan base that now realizes, once and for all, that Ole Miss probably is always going to be Ole Miss, and that Freeze's weaknesses as a coach are not going away

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Records since 2011:

why since 2011? Whittingham is 93-45 as a HC. He has just as many wins as Mullen does in 2014 and this season. He is a nationally known coach that has had an undefeated season. He has recruiting limitations in Utah he wouldnt have here. Should Mullen leave- he would be a good replacement- he is a winning coach. We wont have a long list of winning HC's to choose from should Mullen leave- so let's make damn sure we look closely at the ones that will.

bulldawg28
Whittingham can't even win the PAC 12 there's no way he'd do better in the West

maroonmania

Now see, some of this is just stupid. I like to gripe and complain as much as anybody but MSU has NEVER in modern times seen the offensive productivity we have had under Mullen. Yes, its stupid to run up the middle on 4th and goal on AL and there have been plenty of other head scratchers over Mullen's tenure. But from a big picture perspective this is the best its ever been in MSU history from an offensive perspective. My how quickly people forget the pain and anguish of watching a Croom offense.

basedog
11-18-2015, 02:25 PM

I wish that was true or at least hope it's true. But after you stated you don't want Mullen fired but would be ok with him leaving on his own, you now are promoting Whittingham, why the rush there is plenty time for that but not with 3 games to play. Sounds to me you want change, I would say the majority don't.
Let's see how the season plays out, you being an ex coach know this is always the best route.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Whittingham can't even win the PAC 12 there's no way he'd do better in the West

ok- who is somebody you absolutely know could win the West at State? Whittingham is 93-45 as a HC

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:28 PM
I wish that was true or at least hope it's true. But after you stated you don't want Mullen fired but would be ok with him leaving on his own, you now are promoting Whittingham, why the rush there is plenty time for that but not with 3 games to play. Sounds to me you want change, I would say the majority don't.
Let's see how the season plays out, you being an ex coach know this is always the best route.

I heard Mullen was talking to other schools almost 2 weeks ago. Thats why I'm fine with him leaving- and also why I have been throwing Whit's name around once we knew he was interested.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Unless Whittingham was able to put together a very nice supporting staff I think we would be in the same shape as we are under Mullen. If he got a really good OC and a couple great recruiters it would be an upgrade.

basedog
11-18-2015, 02:35 PM
I heard Mullen was talking to other schools almost 2 weeks ago. Thats why I'm fine with him leaving- and also why I have been throwing Whit's name around once we knew he was interested.

Ok, but I want to leave you with this:

Utah Utes (Pac-12 Conference) (2011–Present)
2011 Utah 8–5 4–5 T–3rd (South) W Sun
2012 Utah 5–7 3–6 5th (South)
2013 Utah 5–7 2–7 5th (South)
2014 Utah 9–4 5–4 5th (South) W Las Vegas 20 21
2015 Utah 8–2 5–2 (South)

The Pac 12 record is not impressive at all.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Ok, but I want to leave you with this:

Utah Utes (Pac-12 Conference) (2011–Present)
2011 Utah 8–5 4–5 T–3rd (South) W Sun
2012 Utah 5–7 3–6 5th (South)
2013 Utah 5–7 2–7 5th (South)
2014 Utah 9–4 5–4 5th (South) W Las Vegas 20 21
2015 Utah 8–2 5–2 (South)

The Pac 12 record is not impressive at all.

I love the starting at 2011 point to try and make him look bad. He is 93-45 as a HC. Maybe he had a Pac-12 adjustment and has now made it. He has just as many wins as Mullen does from 2014 and this season. His recruiting is somewhat limited in Utah

basedog
11-18-2015, 02:55 PM
I love the starting at 2011 point to try and make him look bad. He is 93-45 as a HC. Maybe he had a Pac-12 adjustment and has now made it. He has just as many wins as Mullen does from 2014 and this season. His recruiting is somewhat limited in Utah

C34, Pac 12 isn't nearly as good of conference as the Sec, before the Pac 12 he coached at an even a worse conference. You say he is limited in recruiting in Utah, well so is Mississippi. He played at BYU, coached his entire career out West, has no ties that I'm aware of in the SEC.

He may be a good coach, but to promote only him when we don't really know what else is available is jumping the gun. Surprised with you thinking we can't or couldn't get a winning coach as you have stated, times has changed with money and facilities. Dan is setting the bar.

I'm not trying get you to change your mine (lol), but facts or facts with his lack of success in the Pac 12. 56 and move his family across country doesn't sound right to me.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm not saying to look at only him should it come to that. I personally think he would be a great choice. He is 93-45 as a HC. That will be impressive no matter who else we look at. The Memphis coach and others are winning in smaller conferences also

ChevChelios
11-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Mullen told secn that hes never had a single call***

bulldawg28
11-18-2015, 03:18 PM
ok- who is somebody you absolutely know could win the West at State? Whittingham is 93-45 as a HC

You nor I can predict he'd win the West. His history in a power conference says he wouldn't win it. I know he wouldn't be Bama or LSU constantly. His coaching record is barely over .500

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-18-2015, 03:25 PM

This is completely ironic coming from a guy who ignored all of Stansbury's records from earlier in his career. I seem to remember a lot of "What have you done for me lately" talk coming from your camp.

To be clear if Mullen were to leave on his own I think Whittingham would be a great hire. You are not talking about Mullen leaving on his own though. You are talking about replacing Mullen with Whittingham which would be very very dumb.

engie
11-18-2015, 03:37 PM
You nor I can predict he'd win the West. His history in a power conference says he wouldn't win it. I know he wouldn't be Bama or LSU constantly. His coaching record is barely over .500

What history are you referring to? A quick glance shows him atop the standings with a chance to go to the title game and win the conference RIGHT NOW. They are the favorite in their division right now, today.

Gary Patterson belongs in the same conversation with the most elite coaches in the country and it also took him 3 years and a Heisman-level qb to get TCU adjusted to the big time.

ScoobaDawg
11-18-2015, 03:45 PM

Nick Saban

bulldawg28
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
What history are you referring to? A quick glance shows him atop the standings with a chance to go to the title game and win the conference RIGHT NOW. They are the favorite in their division right now, today.

Gary Patterson belongs in the same conversation with the most elite coaches in the country and it also took him 3 years and a Heisman-level qb to get TCU adjusted to the big time.

Go glance again this time look hard. Patterson is not in the same conversation. Patterson's record is 141-46. Keep trying

War Machine Dawg
11-18-2015, 04:05 PM

Also in Patterson's favor: He completely overhauled his offensive approach. Much like The Bear going to the Wishbone back in the day when his offense became too dated, Patterson realized his attempts to win games 14-10 weren't going to work anymore. So he scrapped his ball control, old school offense for a spread offense that's putting up a ton of points.

BB30
11-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I am trying to remember who started having the success at utah? Ah that is right Urban Meyer its not like Whittingham built that program from the ground up. Dan was obviously there with Whittingham as well. I personally think there are and will be better fits for State than Whittingham he has no ties to the south and recruiting would not be that much easier at State than it is at Utah. He is getting pait 2.6 million right now and I also don't think the difference in pay here would sway him. We could drop 4 million to get him but do you do that for a coach that has not proven he could win at state. My guess is we would not offer what Mullen is making.( I also do not think there is a coach that we could hire that could consistently beat the top two teams in our division on a regular basis). That thinking could be part of our problem but while Saban is around I don't really see anyone jumping Bama in consistency.

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 05:08 PM

With so many elite prospects in the Golden Triangle, this is probably the year to do it if there was one.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 05:13 PM
To be clear if Mullen were to leave on his own I think Whittingham would be a great hire. You are not talking about Mullen leaving on his own though. You are talking about replacing Mullen with Whittingham which would be very very dumb.

Thats wrong- I am completely talking about Mullen leaving on his own- because people believe this is about to happen...thats why I brought up Whittingham in the 1st place

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 05:15 PM

Exactly. Dan bought himself a lot of time by winning the Liberty Bowl and then he got us to number one. Ever since Kentucky he has gone soft and into a shell which we saw before Tyler and Dak got hurt in 2013 forcing Dan to be creative.

The fact of the matter is Dan and his boy Hevesy almost single handedly ruined Dak's senior season with in game foul ups (LSU) and unexcusably bad o-line play (Texas A&M, Alabama)- and Dan doesn't seem to care all that much. I think some of the lack of imagination on play calling goes back to the o-line and what they can or rather can't do- which again goes back to Dan being satisfied with the deadweight that is Hevesy.

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 05:18 PM
And this has been what is wrong with MSU athletics historically. Meddling by alumni who know more, want so and so to play, want to decide who are asst coaches, etc. Unfortunately, looks like nothing has changed.

Auburn has meddling alumni too. Yeah- they've had some crap years like this year. But they've also got a National Title and a NC Game appearance.

The thing with Dan is there actually IS some legitimacy to the alumni questioning his coaching staff and personnel decisions.

shrimp
11-18-2015, 05:18 PM

There's a method to my madness of getting Whittingham's name out there so the right people know he is interested.

These two quotes seem to contradict one another.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 05:20 PM
I am trying to remember who started having the success at utah? Ah that is right Urban Meyer its not like Whittingham built that program from the ground up. Dan was obviously there with Whittingham as well. I personally think there are and will be better fits for State than Whittingham he has no ties to the south and recruiting would not be that much easier at State than it is at Utah. He is getting pait 2.6 million right now and I also don't think the difference in pay here would sway him. We could drop 4 million to get him but do you do that for a coach that has not proven he could win at state. My guess is we would not offer what Mullen is making.( I also do not think there is a coach that we could hire that could consistently beat the top two teams in our division on a regular basis). That thinking could be part of our problem but while Saban is around I don't really see anyone jumping Bama in consistency.

A) Whittingham kept the train running at Utah after Meyer left with no drop

B) I know 100% Whittingham wants our job

C) This is the SEC- we wont be paying anybody below $3.5 or so to take the job because that is simply the cost of being in the SEC.

D) Nobody is asking to beat Bama consistently- we are asking for 1 time. Just once. Not 0-7

Coach34
11-18-2015, 05:21 PM
These two quotes seem to contradict one another.

ok- my agenda is to help us make a good hire for our next coach should Mullen leave

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Unless Whittingham was able to put together a very nice supporting staff I think we would be in the same shape as we are under Mullen. If he got a really good OC and a couple great recruiters it would be an upgrade.

I pretty much agree. I think Whittingham would basically be the defense version of Dan. Not a bad choice as head coach, but not one that would have me turning cartwheels.

I'd rather have Fuente or Herman.

basedog
11-18-2015, 06:31 PM
Auburn has meddling alumni too. Yeah- they've had some crap years like this year. But they've also got a National Title and a NC Game appearance.

The thing with Dan is there actually IS some legitimacy to the alumni questioning his coaching staff and personnel decisions.

FYI Todd, Arob44 was a "cigar boy" back during the Bob Tyler days. Ask bout the famous handshakes. He know longer smokes the cigars, as like he said it was meddling and problems.

We also have another cigar boy on ED.

shannondawg
11-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Sucks having the agenda I'm reading, name calling coaches, can't beat Bama buttttt ole miss can, we can't recruit stars cause stars matter and sources say...... We still have 3 games to play.

ED = Ego's run wild!!!!

Thanks Based, you pretty well laid it out. It sickening reading this thread.

If Whittington was interested in the job and well might be, with what base salaries in the SEC start. I would think he would be smart enough to keep it to himself, and not be confiding in message board hero's., and how would he know the job will be available.

Dan's agent very well might be keeping his ear to ground to see if there is any interest should there be a need to change. thats what makes good agents. Coaches like Ad's should always have a short list.

Usually but not always, Money is the prime reason coaches move up, I doubt Dan could find much of a pay raise by moving.

basedog
11-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks Based, you pretty well laid it out. It sickening reading this thread.

K
Shannondog, kinda reminds me of a private board we were own until u and I were kicked off, at least u have to have alligator skin to post and survive on ED. The private board had none of that.

BankerDog
11-18-2015, 06:44 PM

Are these the same guys who wanted Hud two years ago? Because if so, they need to just stop. Mullen is 53-34 while Whittingham is 93-45 in a weaker conference. He has never recruited this part of the country, as most of his time has been spent on the west coast. He also got blown out by an unranked USC team this year while his team was ranked 4th in the nation. What has he done at Utah? He won a MWC in 2008. Big deal. I would consider this a lateral hire and in four to five years you would be trying to get everyone up to get rid of him.

No one expected us to contend this year. Obviously our issues on the OL were a lot worse than many thought as well as RB. I put that on coaches. I also blame Mullen for the continuing of trying to run Dak up the middle numerous times, but that is his bread and butter play. Read ran that 100 times and people earlier this year wanted a Relf offense. It's what he knows. Good coaches stick to what they know best.

The fact is, yes Mullen is a jerk. We get that but so is Saban. All good coaches have a tendency to be a jerk. The ones who want Mullen gone are the same ones just two years ago wanting Hud to be the HC because they wanted in more than everyone else that attend 120 meetings. What has Hud done since then? Not much really. 8 wins a year still. Simply hiring someone new after one down year of a potential 8-9 win season is ridiculous; especially here at State. When it gets to the point we are just winning 8-9 games a year and not showing any signs of improving then we can talk about a coaching but not now.

MafiaDawg
11-18-2015, 06:46 PM
This thread is full of agendas and people who think they are in the know but they aren't. No one knows shit. I hope we keep Dan but for arguments sake say we go 8-4 with the best most experience QB we've ever had. What big name program would hire him? Threads like this don't do anything to help our football program. And why would the Utah coach in the Pac12 leave for Mississippi State? I love State but that doesn't pass the smell test at all. Also history says the chances of making a better hire are about 10%

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 07:09 PM
FYI Todd, Arob44 was a "cigar boy" back during the Bob Tyler days. Ask bout the famous handshakes. He know longer smokes the cigars, as like he said it was meddling and problems.

We also have another cigar boy on ED.

That makes him what? 80? I'm not saying I don't believe you about the cigar boy thing- just that AROB must be older than dirt if that's true.

From my point of view the problem with the cigar boys is that they are opposite of Auburn's. We seem to overprotect coaches to the point that that it becomes a fault. The fear that "we could screw it up" or "what we have now is pretty good historically" or "how would it look if we fired a successful coach". And then what happens is their boy gets fired and then it's "We'll show MSU! We'll not give any money! We won't support this guy that they hired!" And then after 3-4 losing seasons THEN everything comes back full circle with a coach that everyone can support.

It's maddening. If they see the product on the field and then see the picture, they would fully support getting rid of Dan and making it look like he left on his own and then getting a really good up and coming coach that could go even beyond what Dan has built here.

The attitude of some on here towards Dan is going to eventually lead us BACK into mediocrity. All the while we missed on Herman or Fuente like we missed on Manieri back in the day.

basedog
11-18-2015, 07:34 PM
"
That makes him what? 80? I'm not saying I don't believe you about the cigar boy thing- just that AROB must be older than dirt if that's true.

From my point of view the problem with the cigar boys is that they are opposite of Auburn's. We seem to overprotect coaches to the point that that it becomes a fault. The fear that "we could screw it up" or "what we have now is pretty good historically" or "how would it look if we fired a successful coach". And then what happens is their boy gets fired and then it's "We'll show MSU! We'll not give any money! We won't support this guy that they hired!" And then after 3-4 losing seasons THEN everything comes back full circle with a coach that everyone can support.

It's maddening. If they see the product on the field and then see the picture, they would fully support getting rid of Dan and making it look like he left on his own and then getting a really good up and coming coach that could go even beyond what Dan has built here.

The attitude of some on here towards Dan is going to eventually lead us BACK into mediocrity. All the while we missed on Herman or Fuente like we missed on Manieri back in the day.

LOL, no he's not close to 80. U must be what 25 so I understand u not knowing or being around the era that Bob Tyler called "Let's win something today"!

The season ain't over yet, I'm so thankful that Dan has raised expections at Msu. Be patience as u will be as old as Arob44 one day, or let's hope you will. LOL

I wished all the talk about who is leaving and who y'all want would at least wait till there is some action instead of he say they say rumors.

Oh, Arob44 was for real in the day. Go study our history of football. Yes it's changed mainly by Dan.

bulldawg28
11-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Unless Mullen leaves for USC it would make a statement that you can not win big at MSU. We can make it like MSU is a glamorous job, it's not. He's coached at State 7 years and has broken almost every coaching record. Honestly, it shows how pathetic football has been here. We would regress there is no question about it

Coach34
11-18-2015, 07:50 PM
If Whittington was interested in the job and well might be, with what base salaries in the SEC start. I would think he would be smart enough to keep it to himself, and not be confiding in message board hero's., and how would he know the job will be available.

Whittingham didnt tell any message board people anything. He told a former employee of the San Francisco 49'ers he would take the job. That former employee is a State grad that was at our tailgate for the LSU and Bammer games. The former employee of the SF 49'ers was told the job could come open- and in turn- he told Whittingham.

You clear now?

Coach34
11-18-2015, 07:52 PM
And why would the Utah coach in the Pac12 leave for Mississippi State? I love State but that doesn't pass the smell test at all.

To coach in the best conference in the country

shrimp
11-18-2015, 08:12 PM
ok- my agenda is to help us make a good hire for our next coach should Mullen leave

Ok - sounds powerful

Thick
11-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Try this on for size....Dan has a home in Reynold's Plantation in Georgia. The Georgia AD knows Dan, and likes him very much. Dan would kill it at UGA. He will get every top player in GA he wants just because Richt is not there, and from what he has accomplished at MSU. My bet, is Richt is forced to retire, and Dan is his replacement. Just my 2 cents.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Try this on for size....Dan has a home in Reynold's Plantation in Georgia. The Georgia AD knows Dan, and likes him very much. Dan would kill it at UGA. He will get every top player in GA he wants just because Richt is not there, and from what he has accomplished at MSU. My bet, is Richt is forced to retire, and Dan is his replacement. Just my 2 cents.

He'd be able to continue the OM beat down next year from Georgia***

Coach34
11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Richt is fighting like hell to keep his job- if he doesn't win out- he's gone

Bothrops
11-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Unless Mullen leaves for USC it would make a statement that you can not win big at MSU. We can make it like MSU is a glamorous job, it's not. He's coached at State 7 years and has broken almost every coaching record. Honestly, it shows how pathetic football has been here. We would regress there is no question about it

I agree, though I think some things can be offset by hiring a guy that's a proven recruiter. If we can't get a guy like that, Mullen will have set the bar here for a while.

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 09:00 PM
"

LOL, no he's not close to 80. U must be what 25 so I understand u not knowing or being around the era that Bob Tyler called "Let's win something today"!

The season ain't over yet, I'm so thankful that Dan has raised expections at Msu. Be patience as u will be as old as Arob44 one day, or let's hope you will. LOL

I wished all the talk about who is leaving and who y'all want would at least wait till there is some action instead of he say they say rumors.

Oh, Arob44 was for real in the day. Go study our history of football. Yes it's changed mainly by Dan.

My parents were at MSU when Tyler was the coach. They're in their 60's. Message boards are for rumors. It's the nature of the beast until MSU releases a true insider message board- which if they ever did it would be run by Gene and would therefore suck.

I assure you I am well aware of our football history. I was one of the ones clamoring for an easier schedule rather than the senseless gauntlet we used to run every year. Which has played a part in Dan "raising the bar"...

Todd4State
11-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I agree, though I think some things can be offset by hiring a guy that's a proven recruiter. If we can't get a guy like that, Mullen will have set the bar here for a while.

I'll say it again- we don't need a proven recruiter as much as we need an o-line coach.

shannondawg
11-18-2015, 09:17 PM
As far as your inside info from the SF employee which incidentally is a state grad. He shouldn't have been telling him.

Bothrops
11-18-2015, 09:29 PM
I'll say it again- we don't need a proven recruiter as much as we need an o-line coach.

We need a recruiter, and an OL coach.

War Machine Dawg
11-18-2015, 11:18 PM
As far as your inside info from the SF employee which incidentally is a state grad. He shouldn't have been telling him.

What the hell does this have to do with the price of tea in China? The coaching world isn't exactly huge and people talk. Things will always leak. That's supposedly how we lost Petersen, forcing us to go with Mullen.

Coach34
11-18-2015, 11:43 PM

but he did- so what???

pilldawg
11-19-2015, 12:07 AM
The last thing Georgia is going to do is hire another coach that has proven he can't win big games in the SEC.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2015, 08:01 AM
The last thing Georgia is going to do is hire another coach that has proven he can't win big games in the SEC.

There are as many arguments for UGA not hiring DM as there are for. Biggest thing is they want a big game coach. Second, they will not bring in a spread coach. They tend to not make splashy hires - their last 4 hires were a ast. coach at Auburn, an assistant from within, a I-AA champion, and top a coordinator. They are the same way with their other sports - Jim Harrick being the exception - and that got them probation. Think all you want that AD will make his own decision and Dan has an in, but Dooley still has huge pull as do their "cigar boys". Think Dan rubs some people wrong, wait till he is having to deal with half the Georgia Legislature (yes they meddle in UGA decisions).

You also can't read anything into Dan having a house at Reynolds. There are 2 places in GA that actively court the wealthy and connected for 2nd homes - Reynolds Plantation, and Sea Island. Both are extremely exclusive and have owners/members who are very high profile, and value getting to do "normal things" with their family outside the eye of media and fans. Multiple coaches, athletes, and national politicians go there so they can golf, fish, eat at 5 star restaurants, spend time at the beach, etc. relatively close to home and without knuckleheads like us interfering to ask why Lee doesn't play more at running back.

shannondawg
11-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Just more proof that he shouldn't have been telling that to a blabber mouth. Who in turn told the biggest blabber mouth in message board history. Now you understand?

MafiaDawg
11-19-2015, 08:35 AM
No one told anyone anything. Some of you make the point that Mulllen wants out bc the SEC west is so hard then make the same point that the Utah coach wants in bc he wants to coach in the hardest conference. The same people argue that Mullen is an idiot and can't coach then make the same point that all these Top 10 programs want him. So which is it? You can't just make conflicting arguments that help your agenda.

basedog
11-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Just more proof that he shouldn't have been telling that to a blabber mouth. Who in turn told the biggest blabber mouth in message board history. Now you understand?

I'm not sure how or what "rep points" are or even how one gets one, but I kinda think you want be getting any.

ChevChelios
11-19-2015, 10:03 AM
No one told anyone anything. Some of you make the point that Mulllen wants out bc the SEC west is so hard then make the same point that the Utah coach wants in bc he wants to coach in the hardest conference. The same people argue that Mullen is an idiot and can't coach then make the same point that all these Top 10 programs want him. So which is it? You can't just make conflicting arguments that help your agenda.

Truth

Statefan
11-19-2015, 10:08 AM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-Agree-I-agree-Have-to-agree-GIF.gif?gs=a

shannondawg
11-19-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure how or what "rep points" are or even how one gets one, but I kinda think you want be getting any.

Are they redeemable for cash and prizes,? if so, I take back everything I said..and will post an atta boy Coach34.

Coach34
11-19-2015, 10:16 AM

thats the thing- I'm told things to purposely get them leaked and have been for years

shannondawg
11-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Atta boy Coach. Thats telling em.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-19-2015, 10:50 AM
thats the thing- I'm told things to purposely get them leaked and have been for years

Rick Ray disagrees with your post

Dawgface
11-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Just read the thread. Interesting bit of news. I certainly know nothing about nothing, but its hard for me to believe Mullen will be able to find a job paying more that what we pay him. Particularly if we stumble down the stretch as last year. But if he wants out bad enough, perhaps he would take less money. Time will tell...........

Coach34
11-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Rick Ray disagrees with your post

Until Strick was informed that he was going to hire Howland- Ray was returning

I can on and on about things that we're broken by me and Elite first- even going past Moultrie knee. But there is no need- that's why this site is as popular as it is

shannondawg
11-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Then why the Dansbury posts to cheapen it up?

War Machine Dawg
11-19-2015, 11:51 AM

Because it pisses off people like you and C34 takes ridiculous pride in getting under people's skin. If you'd just ignore it, he'd move on to something else.

shannondawg
11-19-2015, 12:01 PM
Thats good advice, and after awhile i will probably do it. but can't I have some fun in the meanwhile harassing him?

Coach34
11-19-2015, 12:08 PM

My frustration with Dansbury is no factor in all this. I'm completely frustrated with him this season- as well as the end of last season. That is my take on him strictly as a coach.

Him on talking to other schools is a separate issue. Some people think he is going to leave. He may or may not. But my posts won't affect what Mullen chooses to do one way or the other. I simply bring info that I'm given and put it out there- like the Dak Spring break video. We were sent that and I was the 1st to announce it. We were the first to tell everyone OM was under investigation. And many other things that turned out correct. Somethings just don't show up immediately- like Elitedawgs saying Tunsil was going to be suspended even though Hugh Freeze told writers at SEC meetings Tunsil was fine. That took over a month to come to fruition. But it damn sure did didn't it? We'll see how this bit of info plays out

basedog
11-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Thats good advice, and after awhile i will probably do it. but can't I have some fun in the meanwhile harassing him?

You got no chance, he has more rep points I think, more sources and has been told to spread the word. I do say and think u have better seats for football and basketball and Coach Howland knows your name as does Scott.

Would someone explain rep points? Be nice.

Coach34
11-19-2015, 12:27 PM
You got no chance, he has more rep points I think, more sources and has been told to spread the word. I do say and think u have better seats for football and basketball and Coach Howland knows your name as does Scott.

Would someone explain rep points? Be nice.

ok- let me get this straight. So Shannondawg is going on record that Mullen isn't leaving for sure? Is that what is going on?? We playing who is gonna get this one right???

basedog
11-19-2015, 12:51 PM
ok- let me get this straight. So Shannondawg is going on record that Mullen isn't leaving for sure? Is that what is going on?? We playing who is gonna get this one right???

Can't speak for shannondawg but I'm betting he has no clue what Mullen is thinking. I was giving you a +1 for sources and what you said about spreading the news. Also I was telling shannondawg he has no chance in getting up on you with harassment but it could get interesting. I'm giving shannondawg a +1 for his season ticket seats in football and basketball, pretty sure he has baseball season tickets as well. He also knows Howland and Scott on first name basis, no big deal C34.

While I may have your attention, I would like to know what the Ncaa thoughts are from you on the Ole Miss investigation?

Coach34
11-19-2015, 01:01 PM
We all know Shannondawg is a money guy and was/is big in basketball. Nobody has said differently.

As far as Mullen- we'll see what happens.