PDA

View Full Version : Demetrius Houston suspended indefinitely

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Will not make the trip to Puerto Rico.

Also of note:

"Howland told players after the game that playing time going forward will be decided largely by who's playing good defense. Puerto Rico next." -Bob C

It_Could_Happen
11-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Does anybody know why he's suspended?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Howland has begun separating the wheat from the chaff...I knew it was coming.

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 02:45 PM

I'm not sure. It hasn't been released.

Howland said that his status with the team would be re-evaluated upon return from Puerto Rico.

state66
11-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Are we redshirting Holman this year? Do we expect him to be back this season? Or do we not know yet?

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Are we redshirting Holman this year? Do we expect him to be back this season? Or do we not know yet?

The earliest we get him back is January. I assume that if he isn't healthy by then that they will redshirt him.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Howland said last week that Holman could be back practicing in a month.

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Howland said last week that Holman could be back next month.

Ahh, I missed that. That's good news.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Ahh, I missed that. That's good news.

I missed the practice part in that sentence. Once he starts practicing I'd imagine it would be a week or 2 of practicing then he'd be available in games. So your post on January is probably close to the right time frame.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-17-2015, 03:09 PM

my guess is that he wasn't happy about his 0 minutes last night & didn't keep it to himself.

just a guess.

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 03:10 PM
my guess is that he wasn't happy about his 0 minutes last night & didn't keep it to himself.

just a guess.

It feels like an attitude problem to me as well. It may not be, but the fact that it comes the day after a loss in which he didn't play..... yeah..

Bothrops
11-17-2015, 03:26 PM
We got Howland..we gonna be good at some point.

KentuckyDawg13
11-17-2015, 03:29 PM
During the first game, I noticed Houston was the ONLY player not celebrating after good plays/etc. There was something going on then. Really a shame, as he has some serious skills.
Oh well.

Coach34
11-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Houston played in the 1st half vs EW and did ok. Then didn't touch the floor after halftime. My guess is that something happened at halftime

JOHNHEVESYMADE
11-17-2015, 04:14 PM
He had been in the doghouse for a while with Howland. My guess is that he had some locker room issues after not playing against Southern.

notsofarawaydawg
11-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Houston played in the 1st half vs EW and did ok. Then didn't touch the floor after halftime. My guess is that something happened at halftime

Maybe he thought that since you guys on the message boards try to set the lineup for Howland, he would give it a try too. ***

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 04:41 PM
This has been released:
Houston suspended indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Certainly sounds like an attitude problem.

Irondawg
11-17-2015, 05:07 PM
I was hoping he would become our energy/defensive guy but not a lot of guys want to be the shutdown guy on a team.

sleepy dawg
11-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I was hoping he would become our energy/defensive guy but not a lot of guys want to be the shutdown guy on a team.

Yep, I was really looking forward to seeing him play this year too. However, I almost always trust our coaches and their decisions until it's clear to almost never trust them.

Coach34
11-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Maybe he thought that since you guys on the message boards try to set the lineup for Howland, he would give it a try too. ***

maybe if Howland had listened- we wouldnt have lost to SWAC

Dallas_Dawg
11-17-2015, 11:12 PM
It's good for Howland to pull the trigger and get that old attitude out of here

State82
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM

If Ben, Dan and John would all listen to the sage advice dished out here then the entire athletic program would be in a much better situation.

preachermatt83
11-18-2015, 10:44 AM
He Gone

Bully13
11-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Howland learned the hard way at ucla when you don't nip it in the bud. He's not going to make the mistake again

chef dixon
11-18-2015, 12:52 PM
I like his potential and frame, but its starting to be proven in college basketball that what you really need to win is bigs who can rebound and defend and guards that can fill it up.

MabenMaroon
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Coach Howland spoke highly of Houston during the spring and and summer especially his athleticism and instincts.

On another note: was watching a recording of the TV broadcast and it was midways second half at a timeout, we were in a run prior to going to timeout. Anyway, the camera was panning our bench and the bench players were waving towels, jumping up and down, etc. and one of the bench players towel landed on Gavin Ware's head and back. Well Gavin slung his arm back at the player ( appeared to be angrily ) and whipped around with a look on his face ( again looking angry ) and said something to him. It almost appeared that he was saying something like " Get the 17 away from me " at least that was way it appeared to me. I was at the game and didn't see it live. Did anybody else see that and get the same impression? If so, was that Houston or one of the freshmens or walk-ons?

Dawg61
11-18-2015, 04:29 PM
He Gone

Hope not. Houston has more potential than 3/4th of the team.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Hope not. Houston has more potential than 3/4th of the team.

Potential is useless if you don't want to use it correctly. He's the best athlete on the team but if you're not willing to buy in it's best to get rid of the cancer before it spreads.

Coach007
11-18-2015, 04:59 PM
It's good for Howland to pull the trigger and get that old attitude out of here

I thought that's what Ray did??

defiantdog
11-18-2015, 05:01 PM
I thought that's what Ray did??

He forgot to coach them.

Dawg61
11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Potential is useless if you don't want to use it correctly. He's the best athlete on the team but if you're not willing to buy in it's best to get rid of the cancer before it spreads.

If player's get another chance after failing a drug test they should get another chance after having an attitude instance. Is his attitude always bad or did he lose his temper and talked back once? Big difference. If he's always a problem than good riddance but if he snaps back once I really don't have any problem with that. Howland can give some rope here imo. Houston with the right kind of seasoning can be a very good player for Howland.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-18-2015, 06:52 PM
If player's get another chance after failing a drug test they should get another chance after having an attitude instance. Is his attitude always bad or did he lose his temper and talked back once? Big difference. If he's always a problem than good riddance but if he snaps back once I really don't have any problem with that. Howland can give some rope here imo. Houston with the right kind of seasoning can be a very good player for Howland.

This isn't an isolated incident.

KentuckyDawg13
11-19-2015, 09:05 AM
Didn't see that, but I did see numerous occasions where Houston was very non-team'ish (grammar, eh) in terms of support during rallies. Looked like he was pouting since he wasn't playing. I'm pretty bummed as I thought he had a chance to be something special, like Sword but taller/more athletic, which is an amazing combo.

Coach Howland spoke highly of Houston during the spring and and summer especially his athleticism and instincts.

On another note: was watching a recording of the TV broadcast and it was midways second half at a timeout, we were in a run prior to going to timeout. Anyway, the camera was panning our bench and the bench players were waving towels, jumping up and down, etc. and one of the bench players towel landed on Gavin Ware's head and back. Well Gavin slung his arm back at the player ( appeared to be angrily ) and whipped around with a look on his face ( again looking angry ) and said something to him. It almost appeared that he was saying something like " Get the 17 away from me " at least that was way it appeared to me. I was at the game and didn't see it live. Did anybody else see that and get the same impression? If so, was that Houston or one of the freshmens or walk-ons?

Dawg61
11-19-2015, 03:08 PM
This isn't an isolated incident.

Didn't see that, but I did see numerous occasions where Houston was very non-team'ish (grammar, eh) in terms of support during rallies. Looked like he was pouting since he wasn't playing. I'm pretty bummed as I thought he had a chance to be something special, like Sword but taller/more athletic, which is an amazing combo.

That's too bad. I agree with Kentucky here Houston has NBA athleticism but unfortunately it sounds like he's got Sidney attitudism.