PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Chances

lachepas565
11-17-2015, 12:52 PM
I've seen a couple people saying that anyone who said the NCAAs were an unreasonable expectation for this team. I think that's wrong - so much was going right for this team: Sword and Ware coming back, Malik allows Sword to be more of a role player, lots of role guys should fit in well. This was a team that went 6-12 in the SEC - with all that, 11-7 is not unrealistic and that might have been enough. That's what I thought before the year anyway, and I still believe that.

However, that's got to be dead now. My hesitation on NCAA tournament chances was the schedule. There are only two opponents (outside of whoever comes up in the tournament after Miami) that rank above 185 on KenPom and most are well above 250. The Southern loss will hang around the resume's neck all year and I don't think there's any chances in the non conference to make that up.

Basically, I'm afraid that this could be a tournament team, but last night is going to burst the bubble. Can anyone talk me off that ledge?

smootness
11-17-2015, 01:12 PM
One loss never dooms you. Lose a couple more of these, and you're right. If we end up on the bubble, this loss will hurt, but there's more than enough time to make up for it.

msstate7
11-17-2015, 01:15 PM
Need a good showing in this tourney... A couple wins would be huge

mic
11-17-2015, 01:22 PM
The NCAA committee changes the "resume" ever year..
We need:
Good road and neutral site wins
And can't have many bad home loses.. This was one.

Our SOS will hurt us no matter what..

dickiedawg
11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
It's a bad loss. We just have to make sure and make up for it with some quality wins, and not take any more bad losses.
Way too much ball to be played to say our chances are doomed. Though we certainly didn't help ourselves.