PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Marlon Humphrey...

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
This may not mean a thing, but I just saw where Cedric Jiles retweeted something Marlon Humphrey said. Whether it means anything or not, it's good to see that he made some friends on his visit, and that our players (even the young ones) understand the importance of helping out with recruiting.

Dawg61
07-31-2013, 04:37 PM
I think we get Marlon. Feeling confident with him

hailmari
07-31-2013, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jiles is a member on here. Dude is a straight up sports/State fan.

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jiles is a member on here. Dude is a straight up sports/State fan.

And is going to be a Beast at CB.

TUSK
07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
check this out C'Dawg:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/hoovers_marlon_humphrey_finish.html

This may not mean a thing, but I just saw where Cedric Jiles retweeted something Marlon Humphrey said. Whether it means anything or not, it's good to see that he made some friends on his visit, and that our players (even the young ones) understand the importance of helping out with recruiting.

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
check this out C'Dawg:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/07/hoovers_marlon_humphrey_finish.html

Nice

Coach34
07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
I'll be surprised if we pull him- but we will make it more of a race than usual

The Croom Diaries
07-31-2013, 06:08 PM
I imagine Jiles is just tweeting not stop as per the usual. He tweets all the time. He doesn't even follow me but called me a hater last week because I tweeted something about I hope we didn't burn his redshirt since he only got to play 3 games last year. But in the process he did confirm that he is a freshman again this year.

Homedawg
07-31-2013, 07:43 PM
I imagine Jiles is just tweeting not stop as per the usual. He tweets all the time. He doesn't even follow me but called me a hater last week because I tweeted something about I hope we didn't burn his redshirt since he only got to play 3 games last year. But in the process he did confirm that he is a freshman again this year.

He is a fr again. That's done. Sorry misread it. U said that. My bad

engie
07-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Yep -- preserved medical. Love it. Too bad that Redmond isn't also a freshman...

FlabLoser
07-31-2013, 08:45 PM
In the PT that Jiles got, he showed some flashes the spell playmaker. I think he's gonna be a BALLER. He'll pick up where Slay left off.

Coach34
07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
Yep -- preserved medical. Love it. Too bad that Redmond isn't also a freshman...

Thanks Bracky!!

CadaverDawg
07-31-2013, 08:47 PM
In the PT that Jiles got, he showed some flashes the spell playmaker. I think he's gonna be a BALLER. He'll pick up where Slay left off.

Completely agree. And a buddy of mine that lives in Clinton told me that he works out like a damn Navy Seal during the offseason. Dude ran around Clinton with a weighted backpack on in the 100 degree heat in his down time. I may be wrong, but I think Jiles has the talent and work ethic to be a pro after his Junior year

Todd4State
07-31-2013, 10:27 PM
Completely agree. And a buddy of mine that lives in Clinton told me that he works out like a damn Navy Seal during the offseason. Dude ran around Clinton with a weighted backpack on in the 100 degree heat in his down time. I may be wrong, but I think Jiles has the talent and work ethic to be a pro after his Junior year

Giles is good. I was at the MC/Clinton game where he completely shut down Tobias Singleton and got him so frustrated that they both got into a fight right before halftime. I was shocked that they didn't get ejected.

messageboardsuperhero
07-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Giles is good. I was at the MC/Clinton game where he completely shut down Tobias Singleton and got him so frustrated that they both got into a fight right before halftime. I was shocked that they didn't get ejected.

Damn right. I love to see that in a CB.

FISHDAWG
08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
is he projected to start or has that even been determined yet ?

Big4Dawg
08-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Cox will be on one side and then combo of Love/Jiles/Redmond/Calhoun on the other side.

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 09:22 AM
is he projected to start or has that even been determined yet ?

Cox is likely to start at one corner with Jiles and Love battling for the other. It'll be determined in camp, but I think most expect Jiles to win it.

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
We may have a shot at Humphrey but as it stands now its a very small chance...like 10%

engie
08-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Cox is likely to start at one corner with Jiles and Love battling for the other. It'll be determined in camp, but I think most expect Jiles to win it.

Yep. I like Cox and Jiles on the outside. Keep Love in the Nickel...where he started and was mostly very good last year...

bocfarm
08-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Yep. I like Cox and Jiles on the outside. Keep Love in the Nickel...where he started and was mostly very good last year...

I agree....that's solid as hell. Where does Redmond fit in back there and who are the two deep at SS, I'm assuming Hughes is one ...Arrington?

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 10:36 AM
It wouldn't shock me to see Cox move to S with Redmond taking over the other CB. Thays how you get your best players on the field, but I think it depends on how we'll the secondary looks when he comes back.

Big4Dawg
08-01-2013, 10:53 AM
CB: RFr. Jiles/ So.Redmond
Nickle: Jr. Love/
SS: Jr. Hughes/ So. Market
FS: Sr. Whitley/ Jr. Arrington
CB: Jr. Cox/ So. Calhoun

There is also RFr. Antoine, RFr. Evans, Fr. Irvin-Sills, Fr. Cleveland, Fr. Comon, Fr. Wells, Fr. Myles.

We have a lot of bodies and talent. Going to be interesting how it plays out.

Political Hack
08-01-2013, 11:00 AM
if it were me, Id have Nickoe, Cox, Will, and Jiles on the field.

Hughes, Market, Love, and Arrington need good snaps too and a lot of ST action.