PDA

View Full Version : Welp....

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 09:55 PM
There'll be better days. Bad loss. RPI killer

TDawg52
11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Eastern Washington - Good win... RPI helper... We even for the year so far....:D

MafiaDawg
11-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Embarrassing. What a joke. Rick ray is back.

bluelightstar
11-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Embarrassing. What a joke. Rick ray is back.

.-.

Homedawg
11-16-2015, 10:13 PM
If you really thought howland was going to make the this team a tourney team then you really need help.

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Embarrassing. What a joke. Rick ray's PLAYERS are back.

FIFY... your post is a joke. He isnt a miracle worker

Jarius
11-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Losing to a SWAC school is unacceptable in any year. Completely embarrassing.

MafiaDawg
11-16-2015, 10:17 PM
No one reasonable thought we would make the tourney. No one reasonable thought we would lose to swac schools either. I know the players are awful but I repeat, that was a swac school. I'm sure we will get better but dayum that was pitiful.

Bully13
11-16-2015, 10:23 PM
our players are not THAT awful. the bottom line is that Howland and the players put on a shit show and they know what they did tonight is in no way acceptable. there are NO excuses to losing to a swac team on your own home court. these players have been playing together for too long for that to happen. it wasn't acceptable when Ray let it happened and it sure as FK aint appceptable now.

hopefully they are all ashamed of themselves. I hope they all have to run laps until they all 17ing vomit on themselves.

preachermatt83
11-16-2015, 10:27 PM
I'd go with Newman and Weatherspoon as starters.

Dawg61
11-16-2015, 10:32 PM
our players are not THAT awful. the bottom line is that Howland and the players put on a shit show and they know what they did tonight is in no way acceptable. there are NO excuses to losing to a swac team on your own home court. these players have been playing together for too long for that to happen. it wasn't acceptable when Ray let it happened and it sure as FK aint appceptable now.

hopefully they are all ashamed of themselves. I hope they all have to run laps until they all 17ing vomit on themselves.

Guess you figured out how to watch the game then.

I have ATT U-Verse and pay $150 for that and my internet. shouldn't I be getting the game? "Search" says I don't

I want knowledge of this SECN+ you speak of please

ok, this is that espn.go.com thing, right? but you have to watch from your computer, right? I went there and there were lots of games to choose from but I didn't see our game

Irondawg
11-16-2015, 10:33 PM
We played poorly and I though Howland coached poorly. He didn't find a unit willing to exert defensive effort or try to get the ball to the rim for stretches. Southern got after it defensively and we didn't have any answers.

MafiaDawg
11-16-2015, 10:38 PM
It shouldn't take a "miracle worker" to beat a swac school but this team has been losers for years. They just don't know how to win. They have a loser mentality. Need lots of new players who aren't use to being losers for multiple years.

bulldawg28
11-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Stop making excuses we have enough talent to beat Southern. This is on the coaches

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 10:50 PM
LET'S ALL OVER REACT AND CRY OURSELVES TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!!

SDDawg
11-16-2015, 11:01 PM
LET'S ALL OVER REACT AND CRY OURSELVES TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!!

FIRE MULLLINZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

******* I hate everyone today...

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Anyway, this game was about turnovers. You can't help it if a team is gonna make every shot no matter what, but you can't keep giving it back to them.

Malik had a bad game. Malik has also been injured for 3 weeks and in a cast for 2. Not exactly gonna be in mid season form. Shirley you idgits get that.

We lived and died by the three. That had a lot to do with foul trouble and the fact that they were stripping us every time we got it inside. TURNOVERS.

This isn't the end of the world. It is a bad loss, but the season isn't close to over.

HSVDawg
11-16-2015, 11:09 PM
This team will get better, but its mostly a bunch of guys with average talent and below average basketball IQ who have developed a bunch of bad habits over the past 3 years. Plus, our best player and only game-changer has been out of commission for the past 2-3 weeks and it showed. We'll take a few more lumps along the way, but Howland will have this team playing as a unit by late January. I expect us to rally and at least be a bubble team. We have some growing up to do yet, however.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 11:30 PM
I know it's been said a billion times that Malik is one and done. Even Howland has said it multiple times. That being said...in a few All Star games, and now 1 college game...He just doesn't strike me as a guy that feels comfortable being THE guy. His game seems to be about distributing and getting into the flow, and THEN doing damage by scoring. I don't think he's comfortable being a guy that has to create all of his own shots and just beats guys one on one all night. Not saying he can't, or that he didn't in High School...just saying it doesn't seem comfortable to him to force his way into the action.

I want him to quit pressing, and just be the player he has always been. Don't try to go out there and prove you're Kobe Bryant of 10 years ago...you're not. But that doesn't mean you aren't a damn good player that can be one and done. But you gotta do it playing YOUR game. Not the same game Ben Simmons, or anybody else plays. Be you, and have confidence that doing that will be everything plus some. It's what got you to where you are. Just be Malik Newman, and quit acting like you have to be MJ. You have a Senior supporting cast to help out.

I think he will continue struggling until he relaxes and thinks of himself as an equal, not as the guy that has to carry a bunch of veterans. He'll be fine, and may snap out of it next game. It's probably hard to hear that you are the savior to MSU hoops, and then have to live up to it. I'm sure he feels pressure to deliver big right away...but if that ain't you, that ain't you. Just do what got you here, & it will happen.

state66
11-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Dude had one practice in a month prior to that game and it was yesterday....... Come on man

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Dude had one practice in a month prior to that game and it was yesterday....... Come on man

But but but a one and done isn't human mane***

bulldawg28
11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
But but but a one and done isn't human mane***

This

Coach34
11-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Things I've seen so far:

1. Our D sux. We have regressed from what we were under Ray defensively
2. Love what we are doing offensively. It will get nothing but better
3. Malik is not an automatic one and done
4. Q is better than Malik TODAY. That may not be the case a month from now- but I love this kid
5. Playing Endo is a waste. Why we don't play Houston as the back-up 4 and Zupp as the back-up 5 Is baffling
6. Southern was actually decent for a SWAC team
7. Chicken is struggling to find his niche not being the focal point on O
8. We have to work harder to get it to Ware
9. Better days ahead- this team has a lot of growth in it

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Things I've seen so far:

4. Q is better than Malik TODAY. That may not be the case a month from now- but I love this kid
5. Playing Endo is a waste. Why we don't play Houston as the back-up 4 and Zupp as the back-up 5 Is baffling

People blow off Southern - but they have been in the dance 8 times. 2013 was the last time and almost took out #2 seed Gonzaga and they won the SWAC regular season last year.

StankyDawg
11-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Anyone have any idea on when Strugg or Holman will be able to play? We're gonna need the depth at the 4 and 5 down the stretch.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2015, 10:38 AM
What's the scoop on Strugg? What are we expecting from him? Is he the same caliber as a Holman, Quindarry, etc just a diff position? Seems like a forgotten man. Overrated?

chef dixon
11-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Said on here in the spring Q will be a better shooter than anyone we currently have on the team and he is. His game is smooth, if you had seen him play in high school you could tell it came easy to him. Malik is going to come around. He didn't even start last night which I'm sure was weird for him. You could tell the first time he got the ball he was trying to do too much when he tried to split 3 defenders and lost the ball. He's got elite quickness which once he learns how to use at this level is going to earn him a ton of trips to the line as well as assists.

defiantdog
11-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Way to Nafoom it up guys..... Give Howland some time. It's game #2!

RAYn_Man
11-17-2015, 12:32 PM
RPI down to 244 according to espn

msstate7
11-17-2015, 12:40 PM
RPI down to 244 according to espn

Wow... Where's eastern Washington?

RAYn_Man
11-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Wow... Where's eastern Washington?

msstate7
11-17-2015, 12:55 PM

Ugh... Hopefully they have a nice year to give us a boost. We should get a boost with the tourney this weekend... Need a win or 2

mic
11-17-2015, 01:16 PM
If
Things I've seen so far:

Defense will get better.. The post define will be a struggle all year. We will have to play zone a good bit.
Offense will be very good once Malik shakes off the rust ..
Let CBH get his rotation down.. This will take a handful of games..
Houston , must be in dog house or something had 0 minutes last night
Southern isn't a push over SWAC team.. They got after it last night. Forced turnovers and we didn't help by turning it over ourselves.. They played Iowa St and Baylor both to within 10 last year. If they don't win the SWAC again I would be shocked.
And Malik is 100% one and done... omce he gets a few games under his belt and fits into his roles on this team he will show why....

smootness
11-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Ugh... Hopefully they have a nice year to give us a boost. We should get a boost with the tourney this weekend... Need a win or 2

Guys, RPI at this point in the year means less than nothing.

smootness
11-17-2015, 01:30 PM

lulz. I really like Weatherspoon too, but lulz.

mstatefan91
11-17-2015, 02:34 PM
lulz. I really like Weatherspoon too, but lulz.

For Coach's #4, based on what I've seen, he has a valid argument. I don't think it will stay that way, but as of TODAY, Q is a little farther ahead.

A lot of that has to do with the injury. Hope Malik stays healthy, gets some practice in, and starts to shine.