PDA

View Full Version : A few big picture thoughts.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-16-2015, 01:07 PM
1. Love the future at safety. Hughes and Market had the brains and the guts but no high level SEC ability. Cox had the physical ability with a 10-cent head. Whitley had injuries. But Peters, McLaurin, and Bryant have enormous potential. Bright for the future.

2. Engie got pissed when I said several weeks ago that Christian McCaffrey was better than our running backs. McCaffrey is on many Heisman Watch Lists. I still stand by my statement (and Engie probably still disagrees). Not that my statement was some sort of reach.

3. If both linebacker Browns return, could we see Gerri Green at some defensive end next year in pass rush situations?

4. I'm not down on next year like most everyone else. I like what we have coming back. O-line must improve or nothing else will really matter.

5. Simmons, Brown, Jones, Lashley, and Davis. Must sign them all. Four of these five play in the trenches. It is an absolute must.

6. Nick James has done a solid job this year. Kudos to the big guy. He's done real solid work inside.

7. Staff is high on Smitherman at corner. Chris Rayford not coming along, and he better pick it up. Smokey improving.

8. Graves has been a real bright spot. Good for him.

9. Does any running back on our team know how to carry a football correctly? Do we teach it? They all carry it in the right arm at all times. It feels so unnatural to run a sweep left with the ball in your right arm. Like batting cross-handed in baseball. I assume they got poor coaching in junior high and high school, and we are choosing not to correct it.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Would love to see what Aeris Williams or Lee could do behind Stanford's o-line, in that offense, & against Pac 12 opponents. It's easy to make the case that McCaffrey is better, but is he more talented?

I'm not sure

mic
11-16-2015, 01:23 PM
#3..
Have been saying this all year . If he has the skill set to play that position move him there bowl week practice. He has the size and speed to be a 1st rounder at DE if he could adjust to the change and is willing to make the move...

somebodyshotmypaw
11-16-2015, 01:32 PM
#3..
Have been saying this all year . If he has the skill set to play that position move him there bowl week practice. He has the size and speed to be a 1st rounder at DE if he could adjust to the change and is willing to make the move...

We have to get our best players on the field. With the 2 Browns probably returning, it is hard to get Green enough snaps. I could see him staying at linebacker, but playing some DE in certain situations. It allows us to get him on the field without taking the 2 Browns out.

FISHDAWG
11-16-2015, 02:04 PM
I actually think we will be better next year ..... From here, I just don't see a big drop off at QB, the OL will have no other choice but to improve, our young secondary matures some, same basic corp of recvrs (if Bear stays ) ..... I believe Fitzgerald will have improved accuracy over Dak (after the int learning curve) ... and the schedule flops. (for those who always count LSU & Bama as auto losses, playing them there shouldn't matter) .... Now I have been called an idiot more times than I care to admit and maybe that's the case - but I just see a more composite team next year being better than this years 3 hero team