PDA

View Full Version : Bear

dawgpound
11-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Will he play this week? Never heard the significance of his injury.

Bothrops
11-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Sure would love to know.

TXDawg
11-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Thread on SPS says it was a neck stinger and that he's good to go for this week.

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Dan says that he is going to be fine and that the injury is not threatening. Will know more later in the week.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Dan says that he is going to be fine and that the injury is not threatening. Will know more later in the week.

So "we don't discuss injuries"....unless the injury isn't bad?*

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 02:20 PM
So "we don't discuss injuries"....unless the injury isn't bad?*

I've taken it as this: Dan discusses the injuries that he wants to discuss. Media isn't allowed to ask. It is at the courtesy and discretion of Dan.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 02:21 PM
I've taken it as this: Dan discusses the injuries that he wants to discuss. Media isn't allowed to ask. It is at the courtesy and discretion of Dan.

Ha I think u nailed it

DownwardDawg
11-16-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm not buying it. He was "out: for a while. He looked like he had no idea where he was after he finally got up. I'll be very surprised to see him play this weekend.

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm not buying it. He was "out: for a while. He looked like he had no idea where he was after he finally got up. I'll be very surprised to see him play this weekend.

Dan never said if he would play or not this weekend.. So, you could very well be right.

dawgpound
11-16-2015, 02:43 PM
It looked like he was unconscious for a while. Hard to believe he would be back for this week but hopefully at least for the egg bowl

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2015, 02:50 PM
I saw tweets and FB posts that he was at BWW after the game. I don't guess that necessarily means anything, though. I sure hope he is good to go. The offense badly needs him on the field.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Mullen said immediately after the game prelim reports were encouraging and carting him off was precautionary.

WMD's best guess: Concussion. Bear misses UPig, lights up Northern Miss.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Does it really matter? We don't use him anyway.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Does it really matter? We don't use him anyway.

Not enough, at least. That's one thing Northern Miss does really well: Force feed their best offensive weapons. When's the last time Paidwell had fewer than 5 catches in a game? His freshman year?

I seen it dawg
11-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Of high school

Homedawg
11-16-2015, 03:24 PM

Pretty spot on.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Not enough, at least. That's one thing Northern Miss does really well: Force feed their best offensive weapons. When's the last time Paidwell had fewer than 5 catches in a game? His freshman year?

Earilier this year.

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Earilier this year.

And he has thrown several temper tantrums as a result

smootness
11-16-2015, 03:52 PM
It looked like he was unconscious for a while. Hard to believe he would be back for this week but hopefully at least for the egg bowl

I think that was probably nausea. You don't let a guy with serious symptoms move around and stand up, much less walk around, especially with his helmet still on. I'm guessing he did experience things like light sensitivity and nausea, which is why he had his eyes closed and was moving so slowly.

maroonmania
11-16-2015, 03:58 PM
He will go through the standard protocols. If he passes them he plays, if he doens't he won't.

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2015, 04:08 PM

Disagree....from watching on tv he was never out... as he was laying there almost immediately he moved his right arm. He might of been out of it but he was never knocked out.The angle of the hit and how his neck turned said neck stinger. He should be fine. Just precautionary.

Political Hack
11-16-2015, 04:39 PM
They angle of the hit and the way he slowly regained movement are pretty typical for a stinger. Also, if it was something more sever they would've strapped him down. Even if it was a concussion he could go through the protocol and be fine by Saturday.

BrunswickDawg
11-16-2015, 04:44 PM
They angle of the hit and the way he slowly regained movement are pretty typical for a stinger. Also, if it was something more sever they would've strapped him down. Even if it was a concussion he could go through the protocol and be fine by Saturday.

And if you have ever had a stinger, you know it hurts like a MF. You don't feel like you can move or breath if it is a bad one. Wasn't it a stinger that took Dak out of commission in 2013?

Beaver
11-16-2015, 04:50 PM

Yep. If you noticed, when Bear got up, he was walking with one of his arms (I think is left arm) in a doggie paddle position. I used to get stingers when I wrestled, and when it happens it sends a huge shock from your neck/shoulder area all the way down through your arm. Then your arm goes numb and is useless for a while.