PDA

View Full Version : Section 333 Row 1

sleepy dawg
11-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Now that I've settled down a bit, I'd like to discuss what has made my season miserable at home games this season.

I sit in section 333, row 2. Whoever owns the tickets in 333, row 1, seats 6-16 (roughly, not sure if it's exactly those seats), has sold them to opposing team's fans just about every game this season. It started with LSU. I didn't like it, but shit happens I guess. In the Kentucky game, there were literally 10 Kentucky fans all in a row right in front of me, and I was in the middle of the line. I was pretty pissed off at that point. Then this week at the Alabama game, there were about 5 bama fans directly in front of me... same seats. I know there were lots of bama fans all over the place, but this has gotten out of hand with these particular seats. Some have been friendly, and some have pissed me off, but either way I don't want to feel like a damn visitor in my own damn stadium.

I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them, but this is just bullshit. We will have to move next year even if it means taking worse seats.

I kept playing the scenario over in my head about me having to kick the piece of sh*t bama fan over ledge if I had to hear roll tide one more time.

Anyway, if you own those seats and you're on this board (or if you happen to know the person who owns them by chance) please let me know so I can... well you know... f*ck you up.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Now that I've settled down a bit, I'd like to discuss what has made my season miserable at home games this season.

I sit in section 333, row 2. Whoever owns the tickets in 333, row 1, seats 6-16 (roughly, not sure if it's exactly those seats), has sold them to opposing team's fans just about every game this season. It started with LSU. I didn't like it, but shit happens I guess. In the Kentucky game, there were literally 10 Kentucky fans all in a row right in front of me, and I was in the middle of the line. I was pretty pissed off at that point. Then this week at the Alabama game, there were about 5 bama fans directly in front of me... same seats. I know there were lots of bama fans all over the place, but this has gotten out of hand with these particular seats. Some have been friendly, and some have pissed me off, but either way I don't want to feel like a damn visitor in my own damn stadium.

I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them, but this is just bullshit. We will have to move next year even if it means taking worse seats.

I kept playing the scenario over in my head about me having to kick the piece of sh*t bama fan over ledge if I had to hear roll tide one more time.

Anyway, if you own those seats and you're on this board (or if you happen to know the person who owns them by chance) please let me know so I can... well you know... f*ck you up.

That pisses me off, especially as someone that wants season tickets and wants to come to games and is working on donating enough to be in the mix. If you aren't going to go to games, don't sell them to opposing fans the majority of the time. Don't buy them so someone else or multiple someone elses can have access to season tickets.

FISHDAWG
11-16-2015, 10:05 AM
and then there's the guy at the LSU game this year who like a true state fan pulls me aside very quietly and sells me 3 tickets at face value just because he didn't want those seats going to the opposing fans ... and the very very few tickets that were getting scalped were going for $125-$150 ..... there are bad fans but then there are good guys.... and Sleepy - I think you have every right to be pissed

LC Dawg
11-16-2015, 11:24 AM
I get that if you buy season tickets that you should be able to do what you want with them,

I disagree. I don't think you should be able to do what you want with them. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it but I think the university should be able to refuse to sell you season tickets if you sell them to the opposition.
As a disclaimer I will add that my brother let a Bama friend sit with us Saturday under the condition that he wear State gear and not cheer for the Tide.

sleepy dawg
11-16-2015, 11:37 AM
I disagree. I don't think you should be able to do what you want with them. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it but I think the university should be able to refuse to sell you season tickets if you sell them to the opposition.
As a disclaimer I will add that my brother let a Bama friend sit with us Saturday under the condition that he wear State gear and not cheer for the Tide.

I don't really agree either. In theory you should be able to, but a-holes like these are why you shouldn't be able to.

LC Dawg
11-16-2015, 11:45 AM
I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of Bama fans is Section 19. I was expecting a lot more based on prior games this year and last year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-16-2015, 11:50 AM
I'm curious where the scalpers that do it for a living get their tickets? It seems the sames ones are always selling them.

shannondawg
11-16-2015, 12:09 PM
You mean the guys out on the highway and streets with signs ? I just thought they were fans desperate to see their team play.

there have been less and less Bama fans at each game during the Dan years. There use to be about as many Bama Rv's as ours. I don't know about now, as I don't go out where they park.

I remember the first year Jackie beat em, I got a kick out of watching all those million dollar Prevost rv's jumping the curbs getting the hell out of there. They were rocking and rolling, tickled the shit out of me.

blacklistedbully
11-16-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm curious where the scalpers that do it for a living get their tickets? It seems the sames ones are always selling them.

Scalpers typically both buy and sell tickets. If they see someone who is not a regular scalper trying to sell tickets, they'll often try to broker a deal to take theirs too, so they can mark them up some for a profit.

Pinto
11-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Those are the seats right next to ours. Yes, I've only seen the same people there twice. Those two times were state fans. The rest were opposing fans. Thing is they got to pick ahead of us if your that high in Bulldog Club then be a bulldog.

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2015, 12:24 PM

The thing is proving it. Assuming I had season tickets and sold them to a fan of an opposing team all I would have to do is say I sold them to another state fan and then they must have sold them to an opposing team's fan. While I agree with the sentiment and wish it would not happen I don't see any way to police it. It may also be hard for someone that is not rolling in money but has scrapped and saved to be able to afford season tickets not to sell to an opposing team's fan if they are being offered way over face value. I heard people last year selling tickets to the Auburn game and making more than they paid for the entire season ticket package for their tickets to that one game. If you're closer to a living paycheck to paycheck kind of person than you are having your last name be Seal then sometimes you'll do what is best for you than what is best for the school and team. Just the musings of someone who is unfortunately not a season ticket holder.

nsvltndog
11-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Agree with all of the above, but I have to say that I was impressed with how much smaller the Bama contingent was at this game than in the past. I'm always amazed at the visiting fans in the Club Level, but even that was less than in years past and those that were there looked like they had been very well coached by their hosts. Trust me that it has not always been that way.

I don't see the problem with visiting fans being in MSU sections ever going away, but it will continue to improve if we continue our winning ways and grow our fan base

I saw something on twitter during the game that some Bama fans had somehow made their way into the press box. They were actively cheering and were rightfully evicted.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-16-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm in 333 also. There were quite a few around us. One group in particular who yelled most of the game, had to be around row 12 or 13. I get that there will always be a few opposing fans, but when I scanned the upper deck which is MSU SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, it was frustrating to see so many crimson pom-poms. Hell I kinda wish I had an extra couple hundred myself, but I would rather eat my tickets or rip them up than know that they might go to douche fans like that. Our fans need to try at all costs to sell to bulldogs.

mstatefan91
11-16-2015, 02:05 PM
We had Bama fans trying to sit in our section with fake tickets for our section. They were promptly removed and replaced with bulldog season ticket holders.

There were at least 10 of them and not all in the same group... strange

Dawgbite
11-16-2015, 02:17 PM
You mean the guys out on the highway and streets with signs ? I just thought they were fans desperate to see their team play.

there have been less and less Bama fans at each game during the Dan years. There use to be about as many Bama Rv's as ours. I don't know about now, as I don't go out where they park.

I remember the first year Jackie beat em, I got a kick out of watching all those million dollar Prevost rv's jumping the curbs getting the hell out of there. They were rocking and rolling, tickled the shit out of me.

There was only one Bama RV in our lot and it was actually parents of a MSU employee. That is unusual because most times we have several Bammers or Tigahs in our lot. We had several Bama fans at our tailgate because the wife buys some kind of package through the university, company CC, that she gets 4 tickets to every game and 24 to two games of her choice including a hospitality tent. She picked LSU and OM this year but she had four Bama fans for this one also .

AusTexDawg
11-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Sounds like this could be a block of seats purchased by a broker and sold through StubHub or something like that.

Here's a resale policy that the much disliked and recently departed AD at the University of Texas implemented:
http://www.texassports.com/sports/2015/3/4/tickets_0304151739.aspx
This didn't go over well with the faculty at all regarding their discounted tickets, and many season ticket holders were displeased, too (although this was but one more log in the proverbial fire on which they roasted him).

Dental Dawg33
11-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Yea that is very irritating. Had two larger, bammer women behind us all night. They weren't too terrible minus all the roll tides, but tolerable. But near the end when the int happened and one of the biguns said "keep beating them into the ground" and ironically Bear went down, I had had enough. I calmly turned around and asked them when the attended UA. They both smiled, as if they were about to receive a cookie for answering the question correctly, and said "we didn't go to school there." I responded "just like 95% of your fan base." They were not amused

I seen it dawg
11-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Way too many bama ****ers in the scoreboard club. Way too many.

LC Dawg
11-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Yea that is very irritating. Had two larger, bammer women behind us all night. They weren't too terrible minus all the roll tides, but tolerable. But near the end when the int happened and one of the biguns said "keep beating them into the ground" and ironically Bear went down, I had had enough. I calmly turned around and asked them when the attended UA. They both smiled, as if they were about to receive a cookie for answering the question correctly, and said "we didn't go to school there." I responded "just like 95% of your fan base." They were not amused

I kept yelling "sit down you ****ing hillbillies" to the ones close to me and they didn't seem to like that either.

sandwolf
11-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Here's a resale policy that the much disliked and recently departed AD at the University of Texas implemented:
This didn't go over well with the faculty at all regarding their discounted tickets, and many season ticket holders were displeased, too (although this was but one more log in the proverbial fire on which they roasted him).

I really wish we would implement something like this.

mic
11-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Way too many bama ****ers in the scoreboard club. Way too many.

Agreed...

Dawgbite
11-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I actually only noticed 2 in the SBC. Dude had the obligatory khakis with little red elephants on them so he was probably a graduate.

dawgoneyall
11-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Call the ticket office and bitch big time.

They don't want to hear it and will try and do something.

BoomBoom
11-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Sounds like this could be a block of seats purchased by a broker and sold through StubHub or something like that.

17. Yes. Have an official ticket reseller (oh hey, we do!), and ENFORCE IT. just another aspect of our half-assed gameday operations. this is what i point to when i'm asked to donate more money. you have revenue streams you are not bothering to exploit, so you obviously don't need my money. you want it, because it's easier on you that way, but you don't NEED it. so 17 you. 17ing Texas is doing it and they need it less than MSU.

HSVDawg
11-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Did the university ever roll out a ticket exchange? If so, I wish more of our fans would use that approach if they can't make the game. However, if whoever owns those seats hasn't been at any games, I'd assume they likely aren't making the trip to Starkville either and are probably unloading their tickets on StubHub or SeatGeek or something like that. There isn't exactly a screening process for opposing fans on those websites, and I'm not sure there is even a way through the official university office and/or ticket exchange to keep opposing fans from getting tickets. So, they may not be doing it on purpose is I guess what I am saying.

grinnindawg
11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
It happens every Bama year.

They buy the season ticket and sell all of them but the Bama game.

IMissJack
11-16-2015, 07:58 PM
I will not sell to the opposition, and I gave 4 Bama tickets to MSU fans this past Saturday. However, I did bring an LSU alum to the LSU game, because he takes me to the MSU game in Baton Rouge. I feel this is only right.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2015, 10:15 PM
I brought an LSU (wife)with me this year to LSU game up in sbc. She wore white and kept her piehole shut. Just like last year when she took me to Baton Rouge and we were in a box. I wore white and kept my piehole shut. It's pretty easy.

lfl
11-18-2015, 03:23 AM
I've had Bama fans around me every time they've played here and each time it was an exercise in patience. Unfortunately, just before the season, I had two large unexpected expenses totaling almost $10K and in order to get by, along with other cutbacks, I decided to sell my LSU and Bama tickets. I used the MSU-approved marketplace (VividSeats) since MSU probably gets a cut of the fees. However, once you put them up for sale, anyone can buy them. I'm hoping they went to MSU fans, but there's really no way to know. If so, I'm sure that there are plenty of people around me who think I'm an asshole. Right now, there are around 1,000 tickets available for the Egg Bowl on the Marketplace and another 2,000+ on Stubhub. I imagine that many of those will be bought by our red and blue-clad neighbors, just as I bought tickets on Stubhub to the game in Oxford last year. So how does a school help fans who want to sell only to other Bulldogs but live out of state, have a last-minute change of plans, or like me, just need extra cash for the bills. I looked at the UT proposal, but it doesn't really restrict the buyers, only the types of tickets which can be resold. A better option would be an exchange that is only available only to Bulldog Club members and maybe invited guests through their Dog Tag. Bama fans will go to extreme measures to get seats outside their allotment, so this problem won't go away any time soon, but since we like to be technological pioneers in college athletics, let's find a way to keep Bulldogs in as many seats as possible.

Treemydawg
11-18-2015, 03:27 AM
HUH, It's past my bed time.

sleepy dawg
11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
I've had Bama fans around me every time they've played here and each time it was an exercise in patience. Unfortunately, just before the season, I had two large unexpected expenses totaling almost $10K and in order to get by, along with other cutbacks, I decided to sell my LSU and Bama tickets. I used the MSU-approved marketplace (VividSeats) since MSU probably gets a cut of the fees. However, once you put them up for sale, anyone can buy them. I'm hoping they went to MSU fans, but there's really no way to know. If so, I'm sure that there are plenty of people around me who think I'm an asshole. Right now, there are around 1,000 tickets available for the Egg Bowl on the Marketplace and another 2,000+ on Stubhub. I imagine that many of those will be bought by our red and blue-clad neighbors, just as I bought tickets on Stubhub to the game in Oxford last year. So how does a school help fans who want to sell only to other Bulldogs but live out of state, have a last-minute change of plans, or like me, just need extra cash for the bills. I looked at the UT proposal, but it doesn't really restrict the buyers, only the types of tickets which can be resold. A better option would be an exchange that is only available only to Bulldog Club members and maybe invited guests through their Dog Tag. Bama fans will go to extreme measures to get seats outside their allotment, so this problem won't go away any time soon, but since we like to be technological pioneers in college athletics, let's find a way to keep Bulldogs in as many seats as possible.

Well, your situation is somewhat unique and understandable. That is a true unforeseen circumstance that couldn't be avoided. This is not the case for the vast majority who do this.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2015, 10:09 AM
I will need 5 for the EB. So I went out to stub and vivid this morning. There are a lot of tickets as you said. However I am not paying those ridiculous prices.

The interesting part though. I'm not so sure there will be many rebs buying. As there are many tickets on the market now for section 24 and the west upper deck(generally where the visitors sit.). Hopefully they lose this weekend and their fans stay away and the prices drop.

However, there is no way for the university to stop visiting fans from buying the tickets......except win. Even then it is up to MSU fans to buy the tickets and pay the ridiculous prices for high profile games. Unfortunately, Bama, LSU, etc have 3 times...maybe 4 times the fans we do. They win more and bigger games. Therefore more people willing to buy high priced tickets or tickets at any price.

It is what it is as they say.

Taog Redloh
11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
How can you control who buys your tickets, if you sell them on Vivid or Stubhub? You guys are trying to enforce something that cannot be enforced.

By the way, I did not buy tickets this year, so I have no skin in that game, just so you know I'm not one of the ones selling tickets.

Taog Redloh
11-18-2015, 11:19 AM
That pisses me off, especially as someone that wants season tickets and wants to come to games and is working on donating enough to be in the mix. If you aren't going to go to games, don't sell them to opposing fans the majority of the time. Don't buy them so someone else or multiple someone elses can have access to season tickets.
You can't get tickets in Section 333? I don't even think you need to be in the BC to get those seats.

Maroonthirteen
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Section 333, row 1, seats 1-4 on stub now. $278 each. Hahahaha.

drunkernhelldawg
11-18-2015, 01:48 PM
I will not sell to the opposition, and I gave 4 Bama tickets to MSU fans this past Saturday. However, I did bring an LSU alum to the LSU game, because he takes me to the MSU game in Baton Rouge. I feel this is only right.

Who you go to the game with is no issue. It's people that try to sell tickets for profit that's the problem. I had always thought that is was illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Pretty sure that's true in Louisiana but not sure about Mississippi.

Taog Redloh
11-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Who you go to the game with is no issue. It's people that try to sell tickets for profit that's the problem. I had always thought that is was illegal to sell a ticket for more than face value. Pretty sure that's true in Louisiana but not sure about Mississippi.
Not on Vivid or Stubhub.

It's illegal to take any gains that isn't taxed. I think that's probably the big part. And honestly, I don't think there are that many MSU scalpers outside the stadium selling much to the opposition.

Your beef is with Vivid and Stubhub, and you cannot regulate that. Move on.

Joe Schmedlap
11-18-2015, 05:41 PM
You can sell to fellow Bulldogs if you put a little effort into it. I sold 5 tickets to the Alabama beat down and all went to Dogs. Two were sold via the SPS message board and three were sold outside the stadium after an ED poster left me hanging high and dry. I could have tripled my money by selling to Gumps, but there was no way on earth I was going to let that happen

drunkernhelldawg
11-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Not on Vivid or Stubhub.

It's illegal to take any gains that isn't taxed. I think that's probably the big part. And honestly, I don't think there are that many MSU scalpers outside the stadium selling much to the opposition.

Your beef is with Vivid and Stubhub, and you cannot regulate that. Move on.

I was referring to the ticket scalping law that may places have. The tax law was not in my thoughts. I have no beef.

Schultzy
11-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Progress is being made.

If you buy season tickets then you are totally responsible for whose rear ends are sitting in the seats.

Public embarrassment is the next step. Just know.

sleepy dawg
11-18-2015, 09:26 PM
You can't get tickets in Section 333? I don't even think you need to be in the BC to get those seats.

They changed it before last year. You have to be in the bulldog club now.

sandwolf
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
......and three were sold outside the stadium after an ED poster left me hanging high and dry.

When a poster on this board or SPS leaves you hanging on a ticket exchange deal, the proper course of action is to call them out very publicly. The only way to keep others from getting screwed in the future is to put their name/username out there for everyone to see so that no one else will sell to them.

Maroonthirteen
11-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Did S333 R1 require a donation? I recall the topdog plan $220 for a full season ticket for the east upper deck.

Btw, s333 row1 is gone today. Surely the owner took them down..... Someone didn't pay $289 each.

sleepy dawg
11-19-2015, 02:42 PM
It required a donation above the minimum, but no other charges.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2015, 06:21 PM
And just like that ole miss fans in same seats

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-28-2015, 06:24 PM

This is ****ing sad and pathetic.

GreenheadDawg
11-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Whoever holds those seats should have a lifetime ban

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2015, 06:33 PM

Well make nice and ask them how they got the tickets.
More than likely it was bought by a rival fan base and sold the tickets for all the games besides the one they wanted.