PDA

View Full Version : WMD's AC QB: Stampede Edition

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Peeps, the Stampede Edition of AC QB is available (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2015/11/15/9737154/wmd-armchair-qb-stampede-edition-msu-bulldogs-alabama-crimson-tide-dan-mullen-dak-prescott) at FWTCT. It's a can't miss. Like C34, I'm pissed the hell off after yesterday.

tcdog70
11-15-2015, 09:00 PM
Good Job. We need to remember it is Bama and they lose one game a year on a bad year. My problem was Dan not moving the pocket to allow Dak to run or throw. Staying in the pocket and getting hammered over and over was just stupid. We have the ball on the 3 , why not put Dak under center and sneak it 4 times. The crashing DEs cannot get to a QB under center. Shit run the option that Ross got the first down on. Dak cannot throw a fade

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2015, 11:03 PM
No doubt. Bama is just on a different level than, well, EVERYBODY. That's something I meant to talk about in AC QB and had totally forgotten about by the time I got down to the end. After the game I told my dad "I'm ready for Saban to leave. Until he's gone, no one has a chance against Bama." It sucks, but that's how it is. Their success has made everyone else improve, but they've got to come back to the pack a bit for anyone else to have a legit shot. Didn't someone here say Saban has been to the SECCG 7 times since he got to Bama? And of the times he hasn't gone, one was his very first season way back in '07?

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Shameless Monday morning bump

tcdog70
11-16-2015, 11:29 AM
who figured at the start of the season we were going to beat Bama--Stingray??. how about lets wait and see if we go where we have never won a game and beat the Hogs then take care of the dogass rebs.i would call that a damn good season when we were picked 7th in the west. Step back people and take a breath--losing to Bama--it's happens to the best teams. A take away a block in the back and 3 missed tackles and we were dead ass even

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 03:04 PM
1. who figured at the start of the season we were going to beat Bama--Stingray??. how about lets wait and see if we go where we have never won a game and beat the Hogs then take care of the dogass rebs.i would call that a damn good season when we were picked 7th in the west. Step back people and take a breath--losing to Bama--it's happens to the best teams. A 2. take away a block in the back and 3 missed tackles and we were dead ass even

1. This is the biggest straw man I've seen since Saturday. No one is pissed we lost to Bama. We're pissed that we got blown ****ing out AT HOME. And not just blown out, but basically shutout since we never got into the endzone. All with one of the best QBs in SEC history and easily our best QB ever. We may never have another player as great as Dak. If we can't at least remain competitive with Bama in that scenario, then what the hell are we doing?

2. There may have been a block in the back, but it didn't have shit to do with Jones breaking the punt return. Cooke hit a low line drive right at Jones. That's a big return and a potential TD every damn time, especially to a PR as good as Jones. Plus, it's mother****ing Bama, meaning you know they are going to get away with EVERYTHING. You have to know it up front and play well enough that them getting all the breaks on officiating don't matter. Missed tackles are part of it, and if you're being honest, you gotta say we have missed a bunch of tackles this season. It wasn't exactly a new problem rearing its head.

Bottom line: Bama is the better team and deserved to win. But it's not wrong to be pissed we got blown out, particularly when the problems we've bitched about all season were the problems that cost us.

maroonmania
11-16-2015, 05:02 PM
1. This is the biggest straw man I've seen since Saturday. No one is pissed we lost to Bama. We're pissed that we got blown ****ing out AT HOME. And not just blown out, but basically shutout since we never got into the endzone. All with one of the best QBs in SEC history and easily our best QB ever. We may never have another player as great as Dak. If we can't at least remain competitive with Bama in that scenario, then what the hell are we doing?

2. There may have been a block in the back, but it didn't have shit to do with Jones breaking the punt return. Cooke hit a low line drive right at Jones. That's a big return and a potential TD every damn time, especially to a PR as good as Jones. Plus, it's mother****ing Bama, meaning you know they are going to get away with EVERYTHING. You have to know it up front and play well enough that them getting all the breaks on officiating don't matter. Missed tackles are part of it, and if you're being honest, you gotta say we have missed a bunch of tackles this season. It wasn't exactly a new problem rearing its head.

Bottom line: Bama is the better team and deserved to win. But it's not wrong to be pissed we got blown out, particularly when the problems we've bitched about all season were the problems that cost us.

Exactly, Bama is VERY good but this is the same Bama team that 2 weeks ago had to "escape" getting beaten by TN at home. No way they should have just blown us out on our home field like that.

tcdog70
11-16-2015, 06:25 PM
I was pissed losing to A&M. And the cluster at the end of the LSU games still makes me cringe. But losing to Bama doesn't feel as Bad. Shit 4 ****ing plays and other than that we played them even. The main disappointment is not scoring from the three, huge game changer.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 07:02 PM
T. H. R. E. E.

I'm so damn tired of missed tackles. The D played well for a while, but our angles are AWFUL, and we always seem to over pursue from the Safety spot, and come flying in head first like a missile low to the ground and whiff. If you play Safety...YOU ARE THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE. There is no room for half assed, over pursuit, or whiffing on a tackle. You have GOT to make the damn tackle at all costs. Point, blank, period.

Coman hasn't wrapped anyone up since he's been here, and apparently nobody is going to teach him to ****ing do it. How many shoulder tackles and weak ankle dives are our secondary guys going to make before we teach them to wrap the hell up.

And Tolando Cleveland needs a protractor shoved up his ass, because that would be the first angle he's ever taken. His angle on the long TD pass, was an embarrassment.

Good write up, WMD. The better team won, no doubt, but I agree we assisted them and ensured it in every way possible. I'm so damn sick of watching us shit ourselves in big games. If the team is just better than you and just makes more plays...Tip your cap and it's ok. But when you're in position to make a tackle and don't, so they score 3 times....or your punter who ONLY PUNTS, kicks a line drive right at the best returner in the SEC...or you are facing the best front 7 in SEC history, yet keep banging your head in the wall with QB draws...I just can't stand that shit. For once, can we please just execute like a well coached team, and let the chips fall where they may? Just don't do a bunch of stupid shit.....for just one game. Win or lose.

It's the "gotta Mississippi State it up" moments....and you all know the ones I'm talking about...that drive me bonkers. Ha

TopDog58
11-16-2015, 07:45 PM

Exactly. Those that are excusing the loss because its Bama arent seeing the bigger picture. It would have taken a wooly fan to really believe we had an excellent shot of winning. BUT, in no other time will our stars be aligned like they were: excellent SENIOR qb, at home, Bama with a loss, coming off the LSU game, and lacking talent at QB. And we didnt show up.

You cant have it both ways. We had fans tooting our own horn about playing them close and "just running out of time" last year. Now we take a huuuge step back and now they say, well its Bama! So which is it? Sure we moved the ball. But after that goal line stuff we were NEVER a threat. Just the same ol MSU to those Bama players