PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- C34 is pissed off Edition

Coach34
11-15-2015, 02:38 PM
I'm pissed off about yesterday and this whole damn season. One big cluster this year under Dan Stansbury. Mullen is Stansbury with discipline. Thats it. We wont ever win an SEC title under Mullen- but we wont suck either. So we have that going for us- which is nice. Mullen is 2-16 vs Bama, LSU, and A&M. And now UPig is getting better. That lull we had with them is over now.

I'm pissed off we play a guy at RB that has no business being back there. It's ridiculous that he is even in the rotation. Fumble helped change the momentum of the game. It's ridiculous that we start a 150 pound TB in SEC football. It's ridiculous a 4-star RB only got 2 carries yesterday and is so limited in his 2nd year of college football. I understand he is from West Point- and that's not exactly a breeding ground for MENSA members- but holy shit- 2 carries??? Meanwhile, watching Holloway try to block is pure comedy.

I'm pissed that our OL recruiting has been so bad- that that's the best we could put on the field yesterday. Not only do they suck as a group- they cant even pick up simple twists. Weak and stupid is a tough way to get thru a college football season. How bad does Rankin have to be that we chose to redshirt him??? You want to know why our OL recruiting has been so bad? John Hevesy. I know this to be a fact. We had a 4-star recruit teed up for him- works for a State guy. Get the kid to camp- our staff doesnt even know who he is. Then he leaves camp and they love him- and we rarely even contact him afterwords. We were guaranteed to be in his top 3- and we did nothing. Now the kid is choosing between Bama and Clemson. Shit like that is why we are getting our asses handed to us in big games. This 3 year development program for the OL doesnt cut it when they arent very good in year 3

I'm pissed at our Special Teams- blocked punt last week. Punt return for a TD this week. That's a sign of a team that is poorly coached or lack of talent. You decide

I'm pissed that in a game in which we absolutely had to get the lead in to have a chance to win- on 4th and Goal from the 1 1/2- our best play is to run straight into the best defense in the country. Jet sweep, option, anything....just dont wait for Bama to sub in extra linemen and then run right at them. That's 8 kinds of dumb. Great call Dan Croom.

I'm pissed that with the best QB in school history- we are an 8-4 or God-forbid 7-5 football team. What kind of team would we be without him???

I'm pissed that we run a 3 man DL vs the best team in the country with our DE's wider than the OT's- seriously??? It didnt occur to you that they might just run it straight up the gut??

I'm pissed that a great 1st quarter plus effort was wasted because we cant pass protect, figure out a better play to get a yard, or play the wrong RB. We should have been up 7 headed for another chance to score and build real momentum for that game last night- but no- we just pissed it away. Time to go on the road to play UPig Dan Stansbury. Let's see how we respond.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 02:41 PM
So, you're saying you're upset? **

Coach007
11-15-2015, 02:42 PM
:confused:

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 02:50 PM
You hit on all of the major coaching errors except the Ridley TD. McLaurin was lined up on Ridley but gave a 20 yard cushion on 3rd and 5. Mullen even commented in the interview that we gave up a big play on an alignment issue. Well take a damn timeout from the sideline.

Agree on the long Derrick Henry run. If Bama sees 3 down linemen it doesn't matter if it's 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 20, they are going to run it. Beni Brown took a bad line and it was over. That one was on Diaz.

We controlled the first half and trailed 21-3. I don't know what was up with 50 yard FG attempt either. Had no chance. Either punt it or go for it.

Homedawg
11-15-2015, 02:56 PM
You hit on all of the major coaching errors except the Ridley TD. McLaurin was lined up on Ridley but gave a 20 yard cushion on 3rd and 5. Mullen even commented in the interview that we gave up a big play on an alignment issue. Well take a damn timeout from the sideline.

Agree on the long Derrick Henry run. If Bama sees 3 down linemen it doesn't matter if it's 3rd and 7 or 3rd and 20, they are going to run it. Beni Brown took a bad line and it was over. That one was on Diaz.

We controlled the first half and trailed 21-3. I don't know what was up with 50 yard FG attempt either. Had no chance. Either punt it or go for it.

Based on the reaction from Diaz, the alignment issue was on zach Jackson. Diaz didn't say a word to anyone except him when they came off the field and he got on him pretty good.

Irondawg
11-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Let's not forget our atrocious tackling and angle skills from certain safety positions.

Duckdog
11-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm pissed off about yesterday and this whole damn season. One big cluster this year under Dan Stansbury. Mullen is Stansbury with discipline. Thats it. We wont ever win an SEC title under Mullen- but we wont suck either. So we have that going for us- which is nice. Mullen is 2-16 vs Bama, LSU, and A&M. And now UPig is getting better. That lull we had with them is over now.

I'm pissed off we play a guy at RB that has no business being back there. It's ridiculous that he is even in the rotation. Fumble helped change the momentum of the game. It's ridiculous that we start a 150 pound TB in SEC football. It's ridiculous a 4-star RB only got 2 carries yesterday and is so limited in his 2nd year of college football. I understand he is from West Point- and that's not exactly a breeding ground for MENSA members- but holy shit- 2 carries??? Meanwhile, watching Holloway try to block is pure comedy.

I'm pissed that our OL recruiting has been so bad- that that's the best we could put on the field yesterday. Not only do they suck as a group- they cant even pick up simple twists. Weak and stupid is a tough way to get thru a college football season. How bad does Rankin have to be that we chose to redshirt him??? You want to know why our OL recruiting has been so bad? John Hevesy. I know this to be a fact. We had a 4-star recruit teed up for him- works for a State guy. Get the kid to camp- our staff doesnt even know who he is. Then he leaves camp and they love him- and we rarely even contact him afterwords. We were guaranteed to be in his top 3- and we did nothing. Now the kid is choosing between Bama and Clemson. Shit like that is why we are getting our asses handed to us in big games. This 3 year development program for the OL doesnt cut it when they arent very good in year 3

I'm pissed at our Special Teams- blocked punt last week. Punt return for a TD this week. That's a sign of a team that is poorly coached or lack of talent. You decide

I'm pissed that in a game in which we absolutely had to get the lead in to have a chance to win- on 4th and Goal from the 1 1/2- our best play is to run straight into the best defense in the country. Jet sweep, option, anything....just dont wait for Bama to sub in extra linemen and then run right at them. That's 8 kinds of dumb. Great call Dan Croom.

I'm pissed that with the best QB in school history- we are an 8-4 or God-forbid 7-5 football team. What kind of team would we be without him???

I'm pissed that we run a 3 man DL vs the best team in the country with our DE's wider than the OT's- seriously??? It didnt occur to you that they might just run it straight up the gut??

I'm pissed that a great 1st quarter plus effort was wasted because we cant pass protect, figure out a better play to get a yard, or play the wrong RB. We should have been up 7 headed for another chance to score and build real momentum for that game last night- but no- we just pissed it away. Time to go on the road to play UPig Dan Stansbury. Let's see how we respond.

Yes yes yes yes and yes

Coach007
11-15-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree with most of the points. However, to be honest...the only real fault on Mullen at this point is the OL coach. Insert our OL from last year, we would be undefeated.

And here's the real wtc thought. What happened to get them to that level? What didn't happen that allowed this LINE to be crap?

dawgoneyall
11-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Yep. What this wrong angle crap with our team.

Take them dove hunting or skeet shooting and show them how leading a target works.

Dawgface
11-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Best write up of the year. I'm not hating Mullen either, but the Stansbury comparison is pretty accurate. Except Stans recruited a little better.

djaymsu5
11-15-2015, 03:31 PM
It's obvious that Mullen trys to reinvent the wheel. He try's to get too cute sometimes and it costs us just about every time. I could go for days on the stupidity of play calling from Dan Mullen. He absolutely infuriates me sometimes. For those of you that want to take up for Mullen and say it's just the OLine are not seeing the bigger picture. Yes he's gotten us bowl eligible for 6 straight years and that's awesome. I can't take anything away from that but like coach34 we have only beat Texas A&M and LSU under Mullen and 0 times against bama. He's gotten us on the right track as a program but we will never win the big game with him as the head coach. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's the gods honest truth.

confucius say
11-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Best write up of the year. I'm not hating Mullen either, but the Stansbury comparison is pretty accurate. Except Stans recruited a little better.

Stans's program was a full on raging dumpster fire. You had teammates fighting, teammates stealing from each other, and the inmates ran the asylum. Not to mention the sec sucked in basketball for a large part of the Stans years. Comparing mullen to Stans is laughable. And I liked Stans as a person.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Stans's program was a full on raging dumpster fire. You had teammates fighting, teammates stealing from each other, and the inmates ran the asylum. Not to mention the sec sucked in basketball for a large part of the Stans years. Comparing mullen to Stans is laughable. And I liked Stans as a person.

yes- but I was comparing the results. Stands was solid most of his career and we never sucked except for a couple of seasons. You knew he would never win anything big- but we were solid every year. That's Mullen as well

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Based on the reaction from Diaz, the alignment issue was on zach Jackson. Diaz didn't say a word to anyone except him when they came off the field and he got on him pretty good.

If true, that really pisses me off. He's a 5th year senior who has gotten a seemingly endless amount of playing time. He was the main culprit on D. Henry's 2nd long TD run as well. He got himself caught up inside again. Mullen and crew have a hard time with about 2 personnel decisions every year.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Did we even call a timeout during the game? They capitalized and created big plays, we didn't. That was the story of the game. It's disappointing that we digress every time we play Alabama. Dan needs to loosen up and let the boys play. I'm sick of this playing not to lose shit.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 03:48 PM
If true, that really pisses me off. He's a 5th year senior who has gotten a seemingly endless amount of playing time. He was the main culprit on D. Henry's 2nd long TD run as well. He got himself caught up inside again. Mullen and crew have a hard time with about 2 personnel decisions every year.

Gray needs to be in the game more. Jackson is a liability and other teams see it. There's a reason why big plays occur with him on the field. I wish Jung could have stepped in this year..... we needed him. But hopefully the red shirt helps him develop. Yes, another Juco player being redshirted..... makes no damn sense.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 03:48 PM
This is Mullen, we beat the teams we should and do not upset the elite programs. Honestly not sure if we can do better than him though.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2015, 03:50 PM
18 5 stars vs 1 5 star. Bitching about play calling is low hanging fruit and nowhere near the root of the problem. Bitching about defensive alignments is low hanging fruit and nowhere near the root of the problem. Bitching about the talent of our running backs and Hev's offensive line recruiting is hitting the nail on the head.

We can solve this, but pressure must be applied at the correct spots. Bitching out of frustration about play calling and alignments is a big waste of hot air until the root of the problems are solved.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Mullen has to fire Hevesy. He is a total zero.

escaladedawg
11-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Dan is Mark Richt in the west minus Georgia type of talent. He just can't come close to winning the big game

escaladedawg
11-15-2015, 03:56 PM
But at least stingray is done

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 03:57 PM
You can't win the big game without talent. Hevesy is a bad coach and the worst recruiter.

maroonmania
11-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Glad we had that extra 2 days to prepare.** The 3rd and goal and 4th and goal runs right into the teeth of the best DL in the nation with our worst ever run blocking line just shows how stubborn (or stupid) Dan can be at times. I mean is it illegal to EVER have a designed rollout with a pass/run option? I mean at this point at least we know what we are with Mullen, we are a team that will consistently beat average to poor teams and consistently lose to good teams. Oh well, it could be worse no doubt and has been prior to Mullen's arrival.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 03:58 PM
We win out and the tune will be different. The egg cures all...

TopDog58
11-15-2015, 04:02 PM

That excuse doesnt fly anymore. mullen is a top 20 paid coach. You really think that there's nobody out there that would take a 4 million dollar job? Get real

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 04:03 PM
18 5 stars vs 1 5 star. Bitching about play calling is low hanging fruit and nowhere near the root of the problem. Bitching about defensive alignments is low hanging fruit and nowhere near the root of the problem. Bitching about the talent of our running backs and Hev's offensive line recruiting is hitting the nail on the head.

We can solve this, but pressure must be applied at the correct spots. Bitching out of frustration about play calling and alignments is a big waste of hot air until the root of the problems are solved.

Agree about the bitching about the play calling. That's a total "fan move". Disagree about the alignment issues. Alignment issues gave Bama 2 TD's. The margin for error is too thin for that to happen and that's something the coaches can control. We had 1 guy who was hugely responsible for 3 big plays.

As for O-line issues, we sign 25 guys every year. No excuse not to have 5 good linemen. We really need to sign Lashley and Raekwon as future Left and Right Tackles.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 04:11 PM
You can call it a fan move or whatever you want- running straight Bama when we need a TD is ****ing stupid and shows yet again- a lack of imagination

mic
11-15-2015, 04:19 PM
If any school comes a calling for CDM , I'm guessing he is gone..
Please make the right hire Scotty... He is out there .. And he will come here...

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2015, 04:27 PM
You can call it a fan move or whatever you want- running straight Bama when we need a TD is ****ing stupid and shows yet again- a lack of imagination

I totally agree, but just the fact that we are requiring our head coach to call a perfect game to beat Bama, tells me that his play calling isn't the issue worth focusing on right now.

We'll never have Bama's talent, but we can certainly improve our talent in specific areas that would offer us a legitimate chance to beat them.

We need to focus on acquiring 1 5 star OL and another 4 star OL each recruiting year and all other OL must be huge. We need to continue to recruit the way we are at QB, and WR. We are good enough at these positions. We need to acquire 1 5 star DL and another 4 star each year. Simmons and Kobe Jones would fulfill this. We need to evaluate better at RB. We recruit well here but some of these 4 stars can't play dead.

We'll never have 18 5 stars but if we are talented enough on the OL to not allow Bama to get pressure with 4 guys, have a draftable QB, and can continue to limit their run game, we can beat Bama and win the West. Bama is severely limited at QB and, while their WRs are excellent after the catch, I don't think they are actually great pass catchers. We must recruit to compete with them in the trenches and have a draftable QB. We had the correct ingredients last year, this year not so much.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 04:41 PM
yes- but I was comparing the results. Stands was solid most of his career and we never sucked except for a couple of seasons. You knew he would never win anything big- but we were solid every year. That's Mullen as well
So who is your Rick Ray this time? You better be dusting off the coaching directory even further toward the back though. Fire Mullen and it won't be our 7th offer that accepts this time around. Other college coaches know how monumentally good the coaching job Mullen has done here is, even if wanna be internet bad asses don't.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2015, 04:46 PM
B
So who is your Rick Ray this time? You better be dusting off the coaching directory even further toward the back though. Fire Mullen and it won't be our 7th offer that accepts this time around. Other college coaches know how monumentally good the coaching job Mullen has done here is, even if wanna be internet bad asses don't.

I want to keep Mullen with everything we have. What we need is another Brewster. We need a recruiting maniac that coaches a non consequential position. We need a recruiter on staff that is capable of pulling 2-3 elite players a year and we need to pay this guy so well that he can't leave.

HoopsDawg

We tried to hit Bear on a slant. We tried to hit Bear on a fade. Then Dak got 2 yards on 3rd down. It's 4th and 1 and we let our best player try to get in the endzone. Same play Mullen ran with Tebow a hundred times. Same play Mullen ran to beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. I would rather run Dak straight at them then try and run wide. Need better O-linemen. That's what it comes down to.

defiantdog

Mullen has become complacent on the field. R. Brown stopped Henry on that 3rd and short run. Yet Bama got an incredible spot. We should have used a time out there and raised hell. Mullen made a huge deal about being too stiff last year. Guess what, he was stiff again. I'm not asking him to run down the field and act like a clown like Malzahn, but he needs to start investing into the game. He's playing not to lose, and you'll never win a big game with that mentality.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 04:48 PM
We tried to hit Bear on a slant. We tried to hit Bear on a fade. Then Dak got 2 yards on 3rd down. It's 4th and 1 and we let our best player try to get in the endzone. Same play Mullen ran with Tebow a hundred times. Same play Mullen ran to beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. I would rather run Dak straight at them then try and run wide. Need better O-linemen. That's what it comes down to.

That play will never work against an Alabama-like team without better linemen. We needed creativity there, yet we didn't have it.

MidTNDawg
11-15-2015, 04:48 PM
You know what? I never had any problem talking face to face with Rocky, Jackie or Sylvester. I also had no problem talking face to face with Larry, Greg or Scott. Rather than just coming to a message board and telling us what's wrong, why don't you make an appointment with Scott or Dan after the season is over and tell them this information?

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 04:52 PM
If any school comes a calling for CDM , I'm guessing he is gone..
Please make the right hire Scotty... He is out there .. And he will come here...

delete

mic
11-15-2015, 04:55 PM
delete

Explain...

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Explain...

Sorry, I deleted my post. I wasn't requesting him to delete his.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 05:01 PM
You know what? I never had any problem talking face to face with Rocky, Jackie or Sylvester. I also had no problem talking face to face with Larry, Greg or Scott. Rather than just coming to a message board and telling us what's wrong, why don't you make an appointment with Scott or Dan after the season is over and tell them this information?

http://www.thegifspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/o7x1oEZ.gif

Bocephus
11-15-2015, 05:04 PM

Our coaches must think we can sale timeouts, we carried 3 in the locker room at the half. What was that about?

woozman
11-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Agree with most of that. Coaching or talent wasn't to blame for the PR, it was on the punter. The punt was too low and it got there too quick - as soon as he kicked it, my buddy said "oh shit, that could be trouble". I also didn't have a major issue with running Dak on that 4th and goal. My issue was that we should have run him four times if that was the "go to" option...

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:18 PM

im not saying fire Mullen- I'd just prefer him to leave. Kyle Whittingham is my choice to replace him. And I know that he would take it

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Agree with most of that. Coaching or talent wasn't to blame for the PR, it was on the punter. The punt was too low and it got there too quick - as soon as he kicked it, my buddy said "oh shit, that could be trouble". I also didn't have a major issue with running Dak on that 4th and goal. My issue was that we should have run him four times if that was the "go to" option...

Yep, same here. As soon as I saw it was a low line drive, I knew it could be bad. 3 minutes until AC QB and you can read all about it.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:28 PM

it doesn't matter what he has done 1,000 times- what mattered was getting in the end zone- and running right at the teeth of the Bama D that had subbed in more linemen wasn't going to get it done. Tebow had the Pounceys blocking for him- Dakota doesn't. Try a power off the edge, speed option, halfback pass, a reverse, anything but running into a brick wall

but not only that- we had Holloway in the game on 3rd down, and he can't block a 3rd grader- so we had to sub- which allowed Bama to sub also a s bring in more linemen. Making it an even dumber call

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 05:31 PM
im not saying fire Mullen- I'd just prefer him to leave. Kyle Whittingham is my choice to replace him. And I know that he would take it

You had a great list that would take it when we let Stansbury go too. We got Rick Ray, and before you start, we tried to do better. You don't know jack about who and who wouldn't take it. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it, AGAIN. This would be an even bigger disaster.

maroonmania
11-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Same play Mullen ran with Tebow a hundred times. Same play Mullen ran to beat Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. .

You have hit on the exact problem. Mullen defaults to the only thing he knows and is comfortable with even after seeing the ENTIRE season that we can't run block AND that Bama has the best run stopping DLine in the country. When we are paying a coach 4 mil a year I expect them to factor in those things. We could find a HS coach that could call a snap back to the QB for a run between the Tackles over and over at the goal line.

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2015, 05:34 PM
You had a great list that would take it when we let Stansbury go too. We got Rick Ray, and before you start, we tried to do better. You don't know jack about who and who wouldn't take it. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it, AGAIN. This would be an even bigger disaster.

Says the biggest "poor ol' Em Ess Yoo" poster on the board. Guarantee you if Mullen were to leave voluntarily we could get a damn good coach for $4M/YR + SEC buyout. It's like hitting the ****ing lottery to be an SEC HC. Even if you suck, you get paid millions to leave. Tons of coaches would slit each others throats for the chance at that type of payday.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:40 PM

A) Stands made the program so toxic nobody wanted it

B) I talked to a friend of Whittingham's yesterday. He talked to Kyle Tuesday. I know 100% that he would take it

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Says the biggest "poor ol' Em Ess Yoo" poster on the board. Guarantee you if Mullen were to leave voluntarily we could get a damn good coach for $4M/YR + SEC buyout. It's like hitting the ****ing lottery to be an SEC HC. Even if you suck, you get paid millions to leave. Tons of coaches would slit each others throats for the chance at that type of payday.

You guys are the old MSU. When we lose a game it's "far the coach". He sucks. It's the same old crap we have always done. We fall back on it because it's all we know and all we have ever done. It's our comfort zone. We don't know how to act any other way than like a bunch of habitual losers. We are 25-6 over our last 31 games. You people don't even realize how big of idiots you make yourself look like.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:43 PM

No shit. Our basketball job paid about 100th in the country and was a dumpster fire. The football job is solid and pays top 20

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2015, 05:43 PM

B) I talked to a friend of Whittingham's yesterday. He talked to Kyle Tuesday. I know 100% that he would take it

Sure you did. You spouted the same BS the last time. Why must we act like habitual losers ever time we loose a game to even great teams?

BankerDog
11-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Jung was the best LB in camp this year from what I've heard. They say he is fast and can tackle very well.

Gatordog
11-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Walleye also blocked air on the back side which allowed the defensive player to keep Dak from falling forward.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Sure you did. You spouted the same BS the last time. Why must we act like habitual losers ever time we loose a game to even great teams?

thats a lie. I never said I was friends with someone that knew a top college basketball coach.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 05:53 PM

Standing slow clap. Nailed it. "New MSU" is right again

Blackout
11-15-2015, 05:55 PM

If that's the case lets just move on now and make it happen. If it's guaranteed you make the move if you feel he is better (which I agree he is)

Coach34
11-15-2015, 05:57 PM
But let me reiterate- nobody is saying "Fire Mullen". We just have to accept we will never win the West with him as coach

Sacrifice
11-15-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm getting so tired of watching us come out flat against good teams. Memphis doesn't have near the talent OM has but that didn't stop them from kicking there ass from one end of the field to the other. We rarely ever come out in these games and execute at a extremely high level and play out of our minds.

basedog
11-15-2015, 06:08 PM
But let me reiterate- nobody is saying "Fire Mullen". We just have to accept we will never win the West with him as coach

As long as Saban is at Alabama neither will most of the other West teams. Alabama will always be the leader in the West for the most part.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 06:19 PM

Throw out Saban's first year. This is going to be his 7th SEC West title. AU has 1 and LSU has 1. So no one is really winning the west but Saban.

Dallas_Dawg
11-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Throw out Saban's first year. This is going to be his 7th SEC West title. AU has 1 and LSU has 1. So no one is really winning the west but Saban.

I really hope this is the year he bolts for NFL or another program. The pressure of that job has to be eating at him. His wife has made a lot of comments as well, so I hope he gets another natty this year and gets the F outta here.
That's been what I had been thinking about all week leading up to this game. Or that somehow Oklahoma and OK state join the sec and Auburn/Alabama can go to the East.***(only mild sarcasm)

Political Hack
11-15-2015, 06:39 PM
We're 1-3 in the west right now and are likely going into next weekend as an underdog.

AROB44
11-15-2015, 06:39 PM
I find it very reassuring that a message board host has got our next football coach....we don't need an AD. Just go to message boards and you can find replacements for both Mullen and Cohen. Wonder how long it will be before Howland will be in the crosshairs. Mississippi State athletics have never been in such excellent hands. Sure wish they had been around about 40 or so years ago. We might have won multiple NC in the big three sports by now.

Fred Garvin
11-15-2015, 06:44 PM
K

This in spades. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***. We flat out got out-talented and made mistakes, coaching and playing-wise, we couldn't afford to make.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 07:00 PM
I find it very reassuring that a message board host has got our next football coach....we don't need an AD. Just go to message boards and you can find replacements for both Mullen and Cohen. Wonder how long it will be before Howland will be in the crosshairs. Mississippi State athletics have never been in such excellent hands. Sure wish they had been around about 40 or so years ago. We might have won multiple NC in the big three sports by now.

Our AD didn't pick our new basketball coach

basedog
11-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Our AD didn't pick our new basketball coach

But he probably made or was involved in getting the contract for Addias.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 07:18 PM
C34 - you are off the rails holmes. Dakota is not JC, Mullen will produce another guy like that down the line. Get out of the whiskey and dust yourself off, you'll feel better after we throttle Arky.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 07:56 PM
But he probably made or was involved in getting the contract for Addias.

Which has what to do with anything if that is even true in the first place? And that actually makes getting Ray worse on his part.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Fournette couldn't run right at Bama but we think Dak can?

basedog
11-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Which has what to do with anything if that is even true in the first place? And that actually makes getting Ray worse on his part.

Well, Addias had everything to do with Howland's hiring. Ray was a bad hire, not every hire by AD's are home runs.

Do u have issues with our AD?

BoomBoom
11-15-2015, 08:45 PM

Ok, so why the hell not fire him?

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Ok, so why the hell not fire him?

Because he is doing about as well as you can do at a school like MSU. Have to hope LSU and Alabama go down a bit when they lose their coaches in the coming years.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2015, 08:53 PM

My Cousin just told me that Mike Tomlin is interested and if offered would 100% take the job as well. It's totally legit they are in the same fantasy football league. *

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Well, Addias had everything to do with Howland's hiring. Ray was a bad hire, not every hire by AD's are home runs.

Do u have issues with our AD?

I'm fine with Scott, but I'm saying if he had as much clout with Adidas as you surmise and STILL hired Ray, that's really bad on his part.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Fournette couldn't run right at Bama but we think Dak can?

From everything that happened in that game, the issue you choose to bring up is running Dak on 4th and 1? That was the least of our problems. I was more pissed off at the 12 men on the field the very next play that got Bama out of the hole.

confucius say
11-15-2015, 09:04 PM

So you don't want him fired, but you also don't want him as our coach? (You said you prefer he leave)

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 09:21 PM
So you don't want him fired, but you also don't want him as our coach? (You said you prefer he leave)

This could be accomplished by Dan taking another job.

confucius say
11-15-2015, 09:29 PM
This could be accomplished by Dan taking another job.

Exactly my point. He would prefer dan no longer be our coach.

TopDog58
11-15-2015, 09:41 PM

So? 7 years is a lifetime. If he does move on i think it would be better for all. Weve seen enough out of him to know that he's hit the ceiling. Barring a miraculous finish to this season, he will have squandered the 2 most talented teams he's going to field at MSU. And before some of you say " we gone croot better", what the hell has Dan done recently to give you that idea? So we should just give him a lifetime coaching gig hoping that the Orange Bowl trip pays off 3 years from now?

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 09:45 PM

As long as Dan will make adjustments and correct his mistakes (quit making the same mistakes over & over), I want him as our coach. But his awful personnel decisions and inability to stop jamming the square peg into the round hole with certain play calls, has me concerned. If he stops trying to progress, and instead takes a "this is me, I've got it figured out" approach...I want him to leave. Because he doesn't have it figured out...there is lots of room to grow. We still beat ourselves too much. And we never "execute at a high level" despite him saying it 10 billion times. Too many repetitive mistakes by players & coaches, and too many fundamental mistakes, to claim he's done growing. He's definitely grown to this point throughout his career here...and as long as he continues, I never want to lose him. But if he stops growing as a coach...bye. And that should be everyone's expectation in my opinion. Not too much to ask at all.

confucius say
11-15-2015, 09:49 PM
So? 7 years is a lifetime. If he does move on i think it would be better for all. Weve seen enough out of him to know that he's hit the ceiling. Barring a miraculous finish to this season, he will have squandered the 2 most talented teams he's going to field at MSU. And before some of you say " we gone croot better", what the hell has Dan done recently to give you that idea? So we should just give him a lifetime coaching gig hoping that the Orange Bowl trip pays off 3 years from now?

1. I don't agree with you, mainly bc our program is in better shape than at any point in history, but if that's your opinion, fine.

2. My larger point is if you don't want him as our coach, then why can't you say you support firing him? Bc you know the PR nightmare it would be and how stupid you would look? Shouldn't that tell you your opinion is wrong?

confucius say
11-15-2015, 09:54 PM
As long as Dan will make adjustments and correct his mistakes (quit making the same mistakes over & over), I want him as our coach. But his awful personnel decisions and inability to stop jamming the square peg into the round hole with certain play calls, has me concerned. If he stops trying to progress, and instead takes a "this is me, I've got it figured out" approach...I want him to leave. Because he doesn't have it figured out...there is lots of room to grow. We still beat ourselves too much. And we never "execute at a high level" despite him saying it 10 billion times. Too many repetitive mistakes by players & coaches, and too many fundamental mistakes, to claim he's done growing. He's definitely grown to this point throughout his career here...and as long as he continues, I never want to lose him. But if he stops growing as a coach...bye. And that should be everyone's expectation in my opinion. Not too much to ask at all.

So if he becomes complacent and stops growing as a coach you want him gone? I can support that. For all of our coaches in every sport. But that's not at all what C34 and topdog58 are saying. They prefer he leave and think we would be better off if he moved on.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 10:01 PM
2. My larger point is if you don't want him as our coach, then why can't you say you support firing him? Bc you know the PR nightmare it would be and how stupid you would look? Shouldn't they tell you your opinion is wrong?

You cant support firing him because he has done nothing to be fired over. He is Stands without the chaos. He is 2-16 vs Bama, LSU, and A&M and that is not going to get any better under Mullen.

bulldawg28
11-15-2015, 10:01 PM
All this butthurt from one game. Beating bama really has some of you guys talking crazy. Teams that beat Bama put alot of focus on them and circle them on their calendars...Ole Miss...Auburn..heck even Croom did it. I believe Mullen now realizes how big some fans view beating bama. His initial focus was Ole Miss and he did it 4 years straight. He'll get it together but you guys should stop acting like little brother upset that Ole Miss beat them but we can't.

bulldawg28
11-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Heck, 95% of the fans here chalk the Bama game a loss before the season even starts. Why the heck all the crying when you weren't convinced from the beginning? Over 85% of us here pick Bama to win the SEC before the season starts. Coach, I think you're stirring the pot here with your posts.

confucius say
11-15-2015, 10:11 PM
You cant support firing him because he has done nothing to be fired over. He is Stands without the chaos. He is 2-16 vs Bama, LSU, and A&M and that is not going to get any better under Mullen.

So if the 2-16 is no reason to lose his job, why do you prefer he leave? Do you want him as our coach or no? Simple question.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2015, 10:14 PM
The rest of the SEC west's record vs Bama in the last 7 years:

Auburn 2-5
Arkansas 0-7
LSU 2-5
TSUN 2-5
A&M 1-3

The combined SEC west record against Bama in the last 7 years is 7-32. No one consistently beats Bama.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 10:20 PM
So if he becomes complacent and stops growing as a coach you want him gone? I can support that. For all of our coaches in every sport. But that's not at all what C34 and topdog58 are saying. They prefer he leave and think we would be better off if he moved on.

Yea, I'm not referring to Coach or top...that's my own personal criteria. Ha

TrueMaroon
11-15-2015, 10:24 PM

Auburn 2-5
Arkansas 0-7
LSU 2-5
TSUN 2-5
A&M 1-3

The combined SEC west record against Bama in the last 7 years is 7-32. No one consistently beats Bama.

Excellent post

Coach34
11-15-2015, 10:24 PM

Auburn 2-5
Arkansas 0-7
LSU 2-5
TSUN 2-5
A&M 1-3

So everybody has beaten them except us and UPig? Good to know

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:25 PM
It's obvious that Mullen trys to reinvent the wheel. He try's to get too cute sometimes and it costs us just about every time. I could go for days on the stupidity of play calling from Dan Mullen. He absolutely infuriates me sometimes. For those of you that want to take up for Mullen and say it's just the OLine are not seeing the bigger picture. Yes he's gotten us bowl eligible for 6 straight years and that's awesome. I can't take anything away from that but like coach34 we have only beat Texas A&M and LSU under Mullen and 0 times against bama. He's gotten us on the right track as a program but we will never win the big game with him as the head coach. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's the gods honest truth.

And there you have it.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Heck, 95% of the fans here chalk the Bama game a loss before the season even starts. Why the heck all the crying when you weren't convinced from the beginning? Over 85% of us here pick Bama to win the SEC before the season starts. Coach, I think you're stirring the pot here with your posts.

I may be speaking for myself only, but I'm not mad we lost to Bama.....I'm mad that we got blown off the ****ing field vs Bama in the Senior season of our best QB in history. I'm mad that we continued to do the same things that didn't work at all last year vs Bama. Im mad that despite extra prep time, we still shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. I'm mad that I had to witness our QB and 120 lb RB get no yards up the middle vs Bama time after time again, when a 4 year old could have guaranteed Mullen it wouldn't work. That's why I'm mad. I have no doubt the better team won...but the fact that we got the shit kicked out of us in a huge game, on our home field, in Dak's revenge game of his Senior year, makes me mad. I'm kinda surprised people are so ok with that turd of a performance. Really surprised that people are actually wondering why people aren't happy with an ass beating.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 10:28 PM

Very well said. It's a quandary for us because he DOES beat teams that are worse than us- something that Croom and Jackie didn't do all the time. BUT at the same time he very rarely beats anyone as good or better than us- which is something Jackie did at an acceptable rate. Which means it CAN be done at MSU.

And I think the reason why he rarely beats big time opponents is what you outlined in your post. You can't have people like Zach Jackson out there as much as he is, and you can't have Rufus Warren out there as much as he is when you have JT Gray and Elgton Jenkins respectively. And at least try to cover up weaknesses by adjusting in game like bringing in an extra blocker to help out the o-line- which is something Shumpert would actually be pretty good at and could have been useful. And he needs to stop pretending like Gabe Jackson is still around and running Dak up the middle on 3rd and 7 and then be shocked when it only gets a yard.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:29 PM

So coaching better isn't the root of the damn problem? That's the one ****ong thing they can do and they don't do it.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
I may be speaking for myself only, but I'm not mad we lost to Bama.....I'm mad that we got blown off the ****ing field vs Bama in the Senior season of our best QB in history. I'm mad that we continued to do the same things that didn't work at all last year vs Bama. Im mad that despite extra prep time, we still shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. I'm mad that I had to witness our QB and 120 lb RB get no yards up the middle vs Bama time after time again, when a 4 year old could have guaranteed Mullen it wouldn't work. That's why I'm mad. I have no doubt the better team won...but the fact that we got the shit kicked out of us in a huge game, on our home field, in Dak's revenge game of his Senior year, makes me mad. I'm kinda surprised people are so ok with that turd of a performance. Really surprised that people are actually wondering why people aren't happy with a ass beating.

Exactly. ALL I really ask is that we are at the very least competitive with teams like Alabama. And Saturday we were not. Mostly because of Dan's decisions.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
We win out and the tune will be different. The egg cures all...

No it doesn't

Coach34
11-15-2015, 10:34 PM
So if the 2-16 is no reason to lose his job, why do you prefer he leave? Do you want him as our coach or no? Simple question.

I'm ok if he were to leave- simple as that

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2015, 10:35 PM
So everybody has beaten them except us and UPig? Good to know

Every one of these losses with the exception of the 1 Ole Miss loss from this year has been to a team that made a new year's 6/BCS bowl game. 3 of them were to teams that played for or won the national championship, and 2 of those teams had the Heisman Trophy Winner.

I know you have an agenda to keep pushing but the argument is silly.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:38 PM

Ok....then don't ****ing sub. You sub for a play that we just ran with personnel that got us 2 yds. And when we sub bama gets to jog, more like they loafed in because they know the official will let them get there which also gives us less time to check out of a stupid ****ing play which we ran, the heavy goal line package in and get a breather for what they know is coming from the ****ing cocksuck Mullen. No way you sub there. Mullen took a damn dump on himself and just ran something he could think of on the spot which is always Dak slam it in the middle.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Really surprised that people are actually wondering why people aren't happy with an ass beating.

because Bama is good we shouldnt expect to be able to play with them apparently

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:41 PM

And as a play caller don't you think he knows we don't have better ****ing offensive lineman? Surely he watches film and realizes that they suck and you know what we might not be able to slam it in vs their goal line package. So run something muther****ing else in that genius ****** playbook. ****ing Christ.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 10:42 PM
B

I want to keep Mullen with everything we have. What we need is another Brewster. We need a recruiting maniac that coaches a non consequential position. We need a recruiter on staff that is capable of pulling 2-3 elite players a year and we need to pay this guy so well that he can't leave.

Respectfully you can leave with him then.

Coach34
11-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Every one of these losses with the exception of the 1 Ole Miss loss from this year has been to a team that made a new year's 6/BCS bowl game. 3 of them were to teams that played for or won the national championship, and 2 of those teams had the Heisman Trophy Winner.

I know you have an agenda to keep pushing but the argument is silly.

but somebody beats Alabama every year- yet never us

sorrydog
11-15-2015, 10:45 PM
We actually have "fans" that want Mullen to leave?!?!?!
How many bowl games in a row?
How many weeks at No. 1 !!??!?!?!
Your expectations are ridiculous.
EVERYBODY picked us last this year - except for some of you brilliant "coaches"
that set the bar too high based on the 2-3 star talent we had returning.
Get over yourselves.

Bothrops
11-15-2015, 10:45 PM
There's no telling what would happen to our program if Mullen leaves. We may get the correct hire, but we also may **** up big. Then we're back in a hole like we were in the '00s. Can't afford that again, our competition would leave us at the grave.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Very well said. It's a quandary for us because he DOES beat teams that are worse than us- something that Croom and Jackie didn't do all the time. BUT at the same time he very rarely beats anyone as good or better than us- which is something Jackie did at an acceptable rate. Which means it CAN be done at MSU.

And I think the reason why he rarely beats big time opponents is what you outlined in your post. You can't have people like Zach Jackson out there as much as he is, and you can't have Rufus Warren out there as much as he is when you have JT Gray and Elgton Jenkins respectively. And at least try to cover up weaknesses by adjusting in game like bringing in an extra blocker to help out the o-line- which is something Shumpert would actually be pretty good at and could have been useful. And he needs to stop pretending like Gabe Jackson is still around and running Dak up the middle on 3rd and 7 and then be shocked when it only gets a yard.

While I know we can do better, there something to be said for a program that goes to bowl games every year and solidifies itself as an 8 win program (roughly .500 in conference) with room to grow. That's something no one has accomplished at MSU and Dan has. Some random that C34 wants to bring in that won't even win the Pac-12 South is definitely not the answer.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2015, 10:49 PM
but somebody beats Alabama every year- yet never us

You are right. It is usually the eventual national champs

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 10:57 PM
While I know we can do better, there something to be said for a program that goes to bowl games every year and solidifies itself as an 8 win program (roughly .500 in conference) with room to grow. That's something no one has accomplished at MSU and Dan has. Some random that C34 wants to bring in that won't even win the Pac-12 South is definitely not the answer.

I do agree with this. Wanting Mullen gone is not smart at all.

We just need him to continue the good things he's done, while focusing on getting rid of the next list of mistakes he has been repeating. It's a process...and he can do it....and as long as he knows that and works on the shortcomings, we'd be foolish to run him off.

I love knowing every year it's not a matter of "if we're going to be good"....but instead "just how good will we be". Now we need to improve the recruiting a little more (focus on OL), work on the personnel decisions, and quit being stubborn and play to our strengths instead of trying to force things we don't have.

Focus on those things in combination with everything he's been doing, and we will take another step forward.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 11:00 PM
I do agree with this. Wanting Mullen gone is not smart at all. We just need him to continue the good things he's done, while focusing on getting rid of the next list of mistakes he has been repeating. It's a process...and he can do it....and as long as he knows that and works on the shortcomings, we'd be foolish to run him off. I love knowing every year it's not a matter of "if we're going to be pretty good"....but instead "how good will we be". Now we need to improve the recruiting a little more (focus on OL), work on the personnel decisions, and quit being stubborn and play to our strengths instead of trying to force things we don't have. Fo those things in combination with everything he's been doing, and we will take another step forward.

You use words like shortcomings...and stubborn....those people don't change in the amount of time we need them to. Please leave. I'll take my chances.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 11:07 PM
If you are wanting Mullen gone you need to get someone more impressive than Kyle Whittingham.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 11:14 PM

Whittingham went 13-0 and has three 10 win seasons at Utah plus a 9 win season and has 8 wins right now. You know what else he has done that Dan hasn't? Beaten Alabama and yes, WITH Saban.

He's hardly "some random".

Fuente at Memphis would be my personal choice however.

BoomBoom
11-15-2015, 11:21 PM
There's no telling what would happen to our program if Mullen leaves. We may get the correct hire, but we also may **** up big. Then we're back in a hole like we were in the '00s. Can't afford that again, our competition would leave us at the grave.

Dont confuse the program with the coach. Mullen has vastly improved the program, but those improvements wont leave with him. Thats what it boils down to, what Mullen brought to the job is here to stay with or without him, but the shortcomings he brought will go right out the door with him.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 11:22 PM
We already have a good coach. If someone that is a good coach + an elite recruiter comes along then hire him.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Whittingham went 13-0 and has three 10 win seasons at Utah plus a 9 win season and has 8 wins right now. You know what else he has done that Dan hasn't? Beaten Alabama and yes, WITH Saban.

He's hardly "some random".

Fuente at Memphis would be my personal choice however.

He lost to a very underwhelming Arizona team this weekend. He plays in a weak league and has had success, he's supposed to do that. I may be downplaying his success, but I'm not sold that his current team is better than ours.

Also, all joking aside, you guys want to trade "Dan the Scientologist" for an actual LDS church member and try to recruit in Mississippi and Alabama? I have no problem with anyone's religion personally, but I'm also a realist...

BoomBoom
11-15-2015, 11:33 PM
We already have a good coach. If someone that is a good coach + an elite recruiter comes along then hire him.

Holy shitballs. We have a decent overall coach, but one whos strength is development and systrm, amd whose weakness is field coaching and adjustments of any kind, be it within a game or within a season. Overall, he's not a good coach.

I seen it dawg
11-15-2015, 11:33 PM
He lost to a very underwhelming Arizona team this weekend. He plays in a weak league and has had success, he's supposed to do that. I may be downplaying his success, but I'm not sold that his current team is better than ours.

Also, all joking aside, you guys want to trade "Dan the Scientologist" for an actual LDS church member and try to recruit in Mississippi and Alabama? I have no problem with anyone's religion personally, but I'm also a realist...

Yeah the scientologist thing has really kept those recruits from coming to state. I'm sure LDS would have the same effect.

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2015, 11:41 PM
I may be speaking for myself only, but I'm not mad we lost to Bama.....I'm mad that we got blown off the ****ing field vs Bama in the Senior season of our best QB in history. I'm mad that we continued to do the same things that didn't work at all last year vs Bama. Im mad that despite extra prep time, we still shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. I'm mad that I had to witness our QB and 120 lb RB get no yards up the middle vs Bama time after time again, when a 4 year old could have guaranteed Mullen it wouldn't work. That's why I'm mad. I have no doubt the better team won...but the fact that we got the shit kicked out of us in a huge game, on our home field, in Dak's revenge game of his Senior year, makes me mad. I'm kinda surprised people are so ok with that turd of a performance. Really surprised that people are actually wondering why people aren't happy with an ass beating.

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 11:41 PM
When he was entering the game vs Alabama he was 20-5 in his last 25 games. He did this at MSU. It is really hard to win at football at MSU. Maybe the team will fall apart this season but he could still get to 10 wins with a bowl.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 11:48 PM

As I said, Fuente is my first choice. But if we end up with Whittingham, that's hardly a Rick Ray hire. As some appear to be fearful of.

At the end of the day, at the very least if I was Scott I would tell Dan to dump or demote Hevesey, Sallach, and maybe Knox with Hevesey being the only one that is totally non-negotiable. And I would tell him if he doesn't want to do that, then good luck at Miami.

At the end of the day, Dan could make his ridiculous play calls and have it work much better with a functional o-line.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Yeah the scientologist thing has really kept those recruits from coming to state. I'm sure LDS would have the same effect.

Because it was a blatant lie. This would be true - you want to compete head to head with Freeze on that front?! Not smart.

No offense guys, but I don't think you're seeing this clearly. Understandable after a tough weekend, but sleep it off and let's finish the season and see where it goes. Dan was left for dead in 2013 and found a way to finish, let's see what he can do here.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 11:49 PM
At the end of the day, at the very least if I was Scott I would tell Dan to dump or demote Hevesey.

I could get behind this...

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 11:50 PM
When he was entering the game vs Alabama he was 20-5 in his last 25 games. He did this at MSU. It is really hard to win at football at MSU. Maybe the team will fall apart this season but he could still get to 10 wins with a bowl.

Well, if he wants to do that he better start making some big time adjustments to our personnel- starting with sitting Warren and Zach Jackson.

Beaver
11-15-2015, 11:53 PM
We have a decent overall coach, but one whos strength is development and systrm, amd whose weakness is field coaching and adjustments of any kind, be it within a game or within a season. Overall, he's not a good coach.

?\_(ツ)_/?

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-15-2015, 11:54 PM
As I said, Fuente is my first choice. But if we end up with Whittingham, that's hardly a Rick Ray hire. As some appear to be fearful of.

At the end of the day, at the very least if I was Scott I would tell Dan to dump or demote Hevesey, Sallach, and maybe Knox with Hevesey being the only one that is totally non-negotiable. And I would tell him if he doesn't want to do that, then good luck at Miami.

At the end of the day, Dan could make his ridiculous play calls and have it work much better with a functional o-line.

I am in agreement that staff changes have to be made. I am hoping that a performance that bad was the final straw for Hevesy. That was like a defensive coordinator giving up 80 points.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Because it was a blatant lie. This would be true - you want to compete head to head with Freeze on that front?! Not smart.

No offense guys, but I don't think you're seeing this clearly. Understandable after a tough weekend, but sleep it off and let's finish the season and see where it goes. Dan was left for dead in 2013 and found a way to finish, let's see what he can do here.

The reality is Dan probably almost HAS to win the next two and maybe even the bowl as well- which I will hold out judgment on until we find out who the actual opponent is- to win back a LOT of the fans.

Whether he realizes it or not a lot of fans are getting tired of the obvious flaws without any adjustments being made. A lot of people are tired of seeing the same players fail time and time again while younger players are outperforming the older ones- only to get pulled from the game after one mistake and are being replaced by the inferior ones making continual mistakes.

And even if he does win out, I would still hope that Hevesey would be asked to leave or demoted.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 11:59 PM
I am in agreement that staff changes have to be made. I am hoping that a performance that bad was the final straw for Hevesy. That was like a defensive coordinator giving up 80 points.

I had a similar thought in my head. I guess I equate a sack being like a TD allowed- so therefore 9 sacks would be like a defense allowing 63 points. In my mind at least. However you want to quantify it, it's not good.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-16-2015, 01:39 AM

Agree 1000% here

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Agree 1000% with this also

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-16-2015, 01:46 AM
Agree about the bitching about the play calling. That's a total "fan move". Disagree about the alignment issues. Alignment issues gave Bama 2 TD's. The margin for error is too thin for that to happen and that's something the coaches can control. We had 1 guy who was hugely responsible for 3 big plays.

As for O-line issues, we sign 25 guys every year. No excuse not to have 5 good linemen. We really need to sign Lashley and Raekwon as future Left and Right Tackles.

Where do we stand with Lashley and Raekwon?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-16-2015, 02:25 AM

Yes, apparently it has from an O lineman recruiting standpoint.

cheewgumm
11-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Now that we have to schedule 1 decent OOC team, we will lose 1more game more often . So this will take care of itself...in time.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-16-2015, 08:33 AM
I haven't read all through the thread, but what 's the old saying..you pay for what you get. I know Mullen is making over 4 million, but it's time to step up the pay for our assistant positions. Hell, Kirby Smart makes more than half of our assistants combined.

Bubb Rubb
11-16-2015, 09:16 AM

The problem with that set of play calls is this:

On first and second down, we tried to finesse it in there. At that point, Mullen sent a message to Alabama and his own guys that said, we don't think we can run it in from here, so we're going to try something else. When it didn't work, he went to play calls (power up the gut) that his team had no confidence in and Alabama's defense didn't respect.

I intentionally wanted to stay off the message boards this weekend, because I was so fired up over the game, and I wanted to chill out. But the more I think about it, the more disappointed I am in Mullen. He was poor across the board saturday, from game planning, to play calling, to clock management, to personnel, to execution.

When you come out in the first quarter, and drop your QB into the pocket to wait for intermediate and long pass routes to come open, you're going to get sacked, and you're not going to move the ball. That's what happened to us. I don't know what he did all week, but if he would've watched five minutes of the Miss-Bama game, he would've seen that the way to move the ball against Bama (and open up running lanes) is to spread the field and hit short/quick routes. Defensively, I don't know how you let Henry run it right up the gut for a long TD, or let a simple 20 yard hitch turn into a long TD. You can't make those mistakes in the 10th game of the effing season. On the punt, I told my buddy it was going to the house when it was in the air. Shitty punt, no hang time, easy to return. You can't do that if you're a D-1 punter in the SEC. I don't blame him - I blame his inconsistency on a lack of coaching.

And for those who cried for weeks about not letting Graves try the FG against LSU, you saw why on Saturday. He's accurate, but he can't kick anything beyond 46 yards. That's also embarrassing.

OK, I'm done.

basedog
11-16-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm trying to decide if some are sounding like a Ole Miss board or maybe this board goes the Usm route. Fire Jeff Bower because "we can do better" or "he is to vanilla". Winning ain't always easy, if it was we would have won a long time ago.

25-6 tells me he is doing something right in by far the most competitive football conference in America. The Sec has been noted as the best football conference in the country ONLY because of the West.

Come on y'all, glad known of you folks run the athletic department.

lastmajordog
11-16-2015, 10:04 AM
" Tebow had the Pounceys blocking for him- Dakota doesn't "
And UNM stuffed him and won the game. Two things to count on when Dan is close to the goal or need a big 4th down.....Jump pass and QB draw/dive. JMHO

preachermatt83
11-16-2015, 10:10 AM
I do not want Mullen gone... Not yet anyway. Lose the Egg and I will prob feel differently. If he is gone at the end of the season(he won't be) I'd prefer him to leave to take another job. Having said that if he leaves I can give you a top 5 list that WOULD take it without question.

1- Kyle Wittingham(. C34 is right, he WANTS an SEC job and he despises the Utah administration.)
2- Mike Leach
3- Todd Monken
4- Butch Davis
5- rich Rod (he's wanting out of AZ)

CadaverDawg
11-16-2015, 10:17 AM
I do not want Mullen gone... Not yet anyway. Lose the Egg and I will prob feel differently. If he is gone at the end of the season(he won't be) I'd prefer him to leave to take another job. Having said that if he leaves I can give you a top 5 list that WOULD take it without question.

1- Kyle Wittingham(. C34 is right, he WANTS an SEC job and he despises the Utah administration.)
2- Mike Leach
3- Todd Monken
4- Butch Davis

That list makes me hope even more that Mullen stays and just works on his flaws.

basedog
11-16-2015, 10:18 AM
That list makes me hope even more that Mullen stays and just works on his flaws.

Well said Clint!!

HoopsDawg
11-16-2015, 10:25 AM

2- Mike Leach
3- Todd Monken
4- Butch Davis

Other than Wittingham, that's the most depressing list I have ever seen. That's horrible dude.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Other than Wittingham, that's the most depressing list I have ever seen. That's horrible dude.

No kidding. Not having Justin Fuente even in your top 5 is beyond embarrassing. Whittingham is solid. I'd take a look at Fedora at UNC. He seems to have gotten them going this year.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-16-2015, 10:34 AM

Monken could be a good hire in two or three years.

Bothrops
11-16-2015, 10:48 AM

2- Mike Leach
3- Todd Monken
4- Butch Davis

Mullen, please stay with us..please!

cheewgumm
11-16-2015, 10:51 AM
I'l say it...I do want Mullen gone. And not because I hate him. I think he's a damn good coach. I think he'd probably win the NC at LSU. He needs to be somewhere, where recruiting takes care of itself.

I'm not going to be mad and I'll cheer for Mullen and hope he does well. I think he's damn good. I just don't think he recruits well enough.

dawgpound
11-16-2015, 11:16 AM
We can complain about play calling and formations but the fact is we were outplayed and beaten by a far superior team. Look at the NFL talent Alabama has compared to us. The only position we are better at is quarterback. Everywhere else they win and they won the battle at each position Saturday afternoon too. Until we can recruit at a high level like them then this will continue to be the trend.

maroonmania
11-16-2015, 11:27 AM
I'l say it...I do want Mullen gone. And not because I hate him. I think he's a damn good coach. I think he'd probably win the NC at LSU. He needs to be somewhere, where recruiting takes care of itself.

I'm not going to be mad and I'll cheer for Mullen and hope he does well. I think he's damn good. I just don't think he recruits well enough.

Well, even a couple of years ago when things were look very shaky under Mullen, the whole thing behind getting Hud was the recruiting aspect. I have to admit that I thought Mullen's recruiting would pick up a little after the notoriety we got last year but we are having trouble right now even getting big time LOCAL guys to pull the trigger for us this recruiting season. That is very disappointing. I guess Mullen's recruiting is what it is.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Well, even a couple of years ago when things were look very shaky under Mullen, the whole thing behind getting Hud was the recruiting aspect. I have to admit that I thought Mullen's recruiting would pick up a little after the notoriety we got last year but we are having trouble right now even getting big time LOCAL guys to pull the trigger for us this recruiting season. That is very disappointing. I guess Mullen's recruiting is what it is.

Until we overhaul the way we handle our compliance department, no one is going to recruit the way any of us want in terms of "starz" and all that shit. Our guys can't operate in the gray areas the way other programs do. It sucks, but the sooner we're all willing to admit this, the sooner we can apply heat in the right places to make the necessary changes.

preachermatt83
11-16-2015, 02:56 PM
No kidding. Not having Justin Fuente even in your top 5 is beyond embarrassing. Whittingham is solid. I'd take a look at Fedora at UNC. He seems to have gotten them going this year.

I didn't say that was my top 5. I said that is the top 5 WHO WOULD NO DOUBT TAKE IT! Fuente is great but he will have more opportunities and not a done deal that he would take it. If I were saying folks that might or might not take it then the list would look completely different.

Jacksondevildog
11-16-2015, 03:09 PM
This entire post can be stickied at the top. We don't have to recruit the way that Miami or Oklahoma did in the 1980's, but our compliance office is a joke. Other schools have hired attorneys and former NCAA compliance directors and we have a retired PE coach from Starkville High School. That's good ole boy 1982 Mississippi State style there.

Until we overhaul the way we handle our compliance department, no one is going to recruit the way any of us want in terms of "starz" and all that shit. Our guys can't operate in the gray areas the way other programs do. It sucks, but the sooner we're all willing to admit this, the sooner we can apply heat in the right places to make the necessary changes.

gtowndawg
11-16-2015, 03:19 PM
This entire post can be stickied at the top. We don't have to recruit the way that Miami or Oklahoma did in the 1980's, but our compliance office is a joke. Other schools have hired attorneys and former NCAA compliance directors and we have a retired PE coach from Starkville High School. That's good ole boy 1982 Mississippi State style there.

I agree about compliance 100%. But even if we handled that, would a player still want to play for Hev? Is that not also part of the equation?

bluelightstar
11-16-2015, 03:24 PM

I have no knowledge on this point either way, but if it's a compliance office problem, why does Howland seem to have no trouble?

Beaver
11-16-2015, 03:27 PM
I have no knowledge on this point either way, but if it's a compliance office problem, why does Howland seem to have no trouble?

I have no insider knowledge, but from everything I've read it's basically Adidas basketball >>>> MSU Compliance

Bothrops
11-16-2015, 03:39 PM

I understand your point here, but I think there are a number of coaches that would be interested in us, that would recruit better than Mullen. If you consider recruiting blue chip type players, successful recruiting.

BankerDog
11-16-2015, 03:53 PM
So we bitch because we don't run enough but wanna hire Rich Rod and Leach who are Air-Raid specialist? Got it.

thf24
11-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Not having Justin Fuente even in your top 5 is beyond embarrassing.

I'm not sold on Fuente just yet. I think any smart AD should wait and see how he does next year without a first round draft pick at QB. There was very little improvement between his first and second year, then Lynch was ready to play last year (played in 2013 but wasn't ready).

BankerDog
11-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah well I can tell you this about Mullen's recruiting. The whole Leo Lewis deal was his plan from the moment at BDC when he de-committed to him committing to OM only for him to flip. He also was behind the craziness of the Chris Jones recruitment.

Ask those guys yourself and they will tell you the exact same thing. Lewis just needed the check from OM to support his daughter but was coming here all along.

NCDawg
11-16-2015, 04:18 PM

I agree with this. I think we need a coach like Ed Orgeron. We know he can recruit, and LSU is currently no. 2 in the nation in recruiting right now. I doubt if we will be able to beat them again while he is there. If this were to happen and we could keep Diaz as DC, I think we would see a vast improvement. Anyway, just my opinion which I'm sure a lot of you will not agree with.

Homedawg
11-16-2015, 04:21 PM

2- Mike Leach
3- Todd Monken
4- Butch Davis

Beyond your top choice, that list is awful.

Coach34
11-16-2015, 04:39 PM

Because Adidas wants teams wearing their gear in the Sweet 16 and beyond. They feed coaches they trust. Then Howland has a helluva presentation for these recruits on their in-homes and school visits to close the deals

lastmajordog
11-16-2015, 07:45 PM

Cadaver and Coach 34 are two of the more astute football observers i've been around, I think this post is totally true and almost impossible to argue with. I am from the old school and get totally frustrated with fans content with the "same old state". I can't argue with someone making Dan's money but that does not mean he is totally right. As I stated before I'm still wanting to know why if we are running a read option, we continue to run up the middle when there is NOTHING there.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2015, 08:09 PM
I have no insider knowledge, but from everything I've read it's basically Adidas basketball >>>> MSU Compliance

Partially. That, and you have to be a complete idiot to get caught cheating in hoops. There are so many middlemen and everything is funneled through AAU.