PDA

View Full Version : Fred Ross

msstate7
11-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Assuming we lose bear, does he go back out wide? Myles, dear, Thomas, and mixon will be in the slot while we could be thin out wide

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Gray, Morrow and Brown will play out wide. Myles and Ross will stay in the slot for the most part. There are still plays where Ross plays out wide. What's up with Dear? Is he still injured?

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Gray, Morrow and Brown will play out wide. Myles and Ross will stay in the slot for the most part. There are still plays where Ross plays out wide. What's up with Dear? Is he still injured?

Morrow is a Senior

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Next year Briwn and Gray will be outside, with Ross playing some outside or dual slots with Dear/Myles I would imagine. We will lack a big WR like Bear next year.....will be weird not having size outside

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 11:58 AM
Morrow is a Senior

Yeah, I was thinking more about the Arkansas game. I'm still half drunk.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Next year Briwn and Gray will be outside, with Ross playing some outside or dual slots with Dear/Myles I would imagine. We will lack a big WR like Bear next year.....will be weird not having size outside

Don't sleep on Jesse Jackson. He's 6-2 and I think he'll step up. Hopefully, AJ Brown sees we need a replacement for Bear as well.

smootness
11-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Wherever he plays, only Cameron Sims and Calvin Ridley will be as good a duo as Ross and Gray next year in the SEC. Gray is going to have a monster year. That guy is a beast.

msstate7
11-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Wherever he plays, only Cameron Sims and Calvin Ridley will be as good a duo as Ross and Gray next year in the SEC. Gray is going to have a monster year. That guy is a beast.

I agree about gray.

Unless we get AJ brown, I think our best combo of receivers would be Ross, gray, and Myles/dear which is why I think Ross may split out wide

HoopsDawg
11-15-2015, 02:34 PM
I agree about gray.

Unless we get AJ brown, I think our best combo of receivers would be Ross, gray, and Myles/dear which is why I think Ross may split out wide

I agree that Ross should go back out wide, but knowing Mullen I doubt it happens. I really like what Mixon brings to the table in the slot. He's a playmaker.

Coach007
11-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Don't sleep on Jesse Jackson. He's 6-2 and I think he'll step up. Hopefully, AJ Brown sees we need a replacement for Bear as well.

Will play TE

Coach007
11-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Everybody forgetting about Green..... 6'5" 210

Bothrops
11-15-2015, 02:48 PM
We have Donald Gray 2 more years, too.

msstate7
11-15-2015, 02:49 PM
We have Donald Gray 2 more years, too.

Very pumped about this

djaymsu5
11-15-2015, 03:17 PM
I love Donald Gray as well but he missed a sure fire TD yesterday in the endzone. Dak couldn't have placed that ball in a tight window any better. Dak made some poor throws behind receivers yesterday but that wasn't one of them. That deep pass to gray on the outside yesterday when he was one on one with the DB was a thing of beauty.

smootness
11-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Who? Farrod Green? He'll play TE. And neither Jesse Jackson nor AJ Brown will play TE; I don't know which one you were talking about, but they're both WRs all the way.

smootness
11-15-2015, 03:23 PM
I love Donald Gray as well but he missed a sure fire TD yesterday in the endzone. Dak couldn't have placed that ball in a tight window any better. Dak made some poor throws behind receivers yesterday but that wasn't one of them. That deep pass to gray on the outside yesterday when he was one on one with the DB was a thing of beauty.

He could have and perhaps should have caught it, but it was a tough catch.

And I'm willing to let one play slide. He's already made a ton of great catches this year.

bulldawg28
11-15-2015, 03:23 PM

Farrod? He's a TE

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Will play TE

Mullen won't put Jackson at TE ..... he's been playing WR all year.

msstate7
11-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Currently we have 3 te's (I love all 3) committed. Does this mean we don't like our current guys or can we expect more 2 te sets next season to help the running game and new qb?

smootness
11-15-2015, 03:51 PM
I could see Roberson at WR some, and I think Jones can even slim down and still play WR. Thomas may end up at LT.

I have to believe the coaches like what they see from Justin Johnson. They may see him as the only great future option, but I would think he'll be a 2- or 3-year starter for us.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Currently we have 3 te's (I love all 3) committed. Does this mean we don't like our current guys or can we expect more 2 te sets next season to help the running game and new qb?

Jordan Thomas is being moved inside, Dontea Jones will be limited since we slow play Juco's, and Christian Roberson will redshirt. Justin Johnson will be a stud next year. I'm really upset that we have limited him as of late. He's a hell of a blocker. He's light years better than Walley. I just don't get it.

msstate7
11-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Jordan Thomas is being moved inside, Dontea Jones will be limited since we slow play Juco's, and Christian Roberson will redshirt. Justin Johnson will be a stud next year. I'm really upset that we have limited him as of late. He's a hell of a blocker. He's light years better than Walley. I just don't get it.

Walley blocks like Shump runs... Maybe worse

djaymsu5
11-15-2015, 08:04 PM
He could have and perhaps should have caught it, but it was a tough catch.

And I'm willing to let one play slide. He's already made a ton of great catches this year.

No doubt. I'm willing to let it slide too. The kid is a playmaker and we have to find a way to get the ball in his hands more and more. Btw our coaches should tell every receiver we have that has a stupid towel hanging out the back of their pants to throw that crap in the garbage. I saw somebody get tackled from behind yesterday cause of the defender being able to grab that towel and I've seen dear get yanked down from behind in past games from it.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2015, 08:18 PM
Assuming we lose bear, does he go back out wide? Myles, dear, Thomas, and mixon will be in the slot while we could be thin out wide

I'm worried we lose Ross. He has been dynamic and will certainly put his name in to be evaluated. My guess is that he will get a 2nd or 3rd round grade, he has been that good.

Ross has been our best WR all season, I'm not sure it's been close.

TUSK
11-15-2015, 08:19 PM

Cam Sims is a M effer, Smoot... Him and Foster getting hurt slowed us down a bunch...

I'm hoping these guys are in our WR corps next year:
7 Cam Sims SO 6-5/209; Injured this year
3 Calvin Ridley FR 6-1/188; really good
13 ArDarius Stewart SO 6-1/204; solid #3 WR
8 Robert Foster SO 6-2/194; Injured this year
1 Chris Black JR 6-0/192; Injured this year

and I really believe Bammer has a great shot at AJ Brown.

msstate7
11-15-2015, 08:25 PM
and I really believe Bammer has a great shot at AJ Brown.

If bama gets AJ or Simmons, you're getting banned**

Really though, we cannot lose either of these 2 and consider recruiting a success this year. These 2 are in our backyard and have legitimate shots at starting for us next season... We CANNOT lose them

GreenheadDawg
11-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Walley blocks like Shump runs... Maybe worse

Walley's problem is he is soft. Line him up next to the O-line and you've got a bunch of tu-tu wearing pussies that might as well be making teddy bears at build-a-bear. Would love to have a dirty MF'er like Day

CadaverDawg
11-15-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm really disgusted with our personnel usage overall. I have no confidence that we will see our best WR group, even if Mixon is the second coming of Percy Harvin in college. Hell, I'm still praying that after this abortion of a running back situation, we will actually see Lee, Williams, Gibson, Murphy next year. I'm scared shitless that it will be another year of Holloway and Shumpert because the youngsters don't do as good a job at taking shits as the upperclassmen.

I felt like Jenkins looked better than Warren, Calhoun better than Desper....Aeris better than Holloway...Aeris better than Shumpert....Johnson better than Walley...Gray better than F Brown....JT Gray better than Z Jackson....Anybody better than Torrey Dale...Dear better than Myles (I like Gabe, but I think Dear is better & Mixon will be too)...and the list goes on, yet I didn't see any of the former playing over the latter.

I know it sounds bad, but I simply have no confidence in our coach playing the best players. Period. We could have Leonard ****ing Fournette on our bench and Mullen would still be playing Holloway and Shumpert. Just like we tried smashing Dak & Holloway between the tackles vs Bama. Everyone with a heartbeat and a brain knew we couldn't run on Bama...but we wasted 20+ plays yesterday trying to hammer that square peg thru that round hole. My confidence is shot that things will change. I just hope we luck up and our best players are just magically the oldest at their position next year.