PDA

View Full Version : Eli Wright

ZedFedder
11-15-2015, 09:55 AM
The guy has absolutely killed it this weekend. He may be a fast riser and be a huge surprise. Just Twitter search "Eli Wright".

NYDawg
11-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Eli Wright Makes a Statement (http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3874-3-things-we-learned-from-phenom-national-showcase)

ZedFedder
11-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks, NYDawg.

djaymsu5
11-15-2015, 10:56 AM
You guys beat me to it. Read the link this morning on Twitter. This guy is the real deal and I think we are getting a real steal and under the radar type player that will make a lot of noise next year. Not that we are all worried about recruiting stars but is it too late to give this kid a 4th star? It seems like he has deserved it. I know he has it on some recruiting sites but not all.

NYDawg
11-15-2015, 12:55 PM
He's already a low 4-star everywhere but ESPN (37th best SG compared to low-20's on 247 (23) and scout (21) and top 100 overall ranking on rivals). The ESPN analysis consistently calls him "White" and justifies ranking him so low because they claim he isn't consistently aggressive and needs to work on his right hand. In any case, I doubt ESPN has the inclination or sufficient staffing to revisit his rating at this point, but it sounds like some of the other services may bump him up some more, which might be enough to bring his composite up to a 4-star rating.

smootness
11-15-2015, 02:34 PM
They beat Kegler and Oak Hill. Watch his highlight tape and it's obvious he's still at least a little underrated. Phenomenal athlete.

Peters is a really quick, flashy PG with handles and passing ability. Carter is a long SG who can light it up from deep but can also play the point and is more athletic than he gets credit for being; add some weight, and he's going to be a beast. Then you obviously have Herard as a beast down low and Kegler, who can switch from the 3 to the 4 pretty easily (not to mention Weatherspoon and Holman). Then Wright kind of fills another role, just an elite athlete who can fly up and down the court and score at will. He's not exactly the same kind of player, but he has some Westbrook in him.

smootness
11-15-2015, 02:39 PM
One guy said Wright's level of play this weekend was McDonald's All-American worthy.

Kegler also really impressed as well, apparently. They were consistently rated the top two guys at the showcase. Here's another article:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1825878

ETA: Well, I tried to embed some tweets, and it turns out I don't know what I'm doing there. But go here and just scroll down:

https://twitter.com/search?q=eli%20wright&src=typd

djaymsu5
11-15-2015, 03:42 PM
He's already a low 4-star everywhere but ESPN (37th best SG compared to low-20's on 247 (23) and scout (21) and top 100 overall ranking on rivals). The ESPN analysis consistently calls him "White" and justifies ranking him so low because they claim he isn't consistently aggressive and needs to work on his right hand. In any case, I doubt ESPN has the inclination or sufficient staffing to revisit his rating at this point, but it sounds like some of the other services may bump him up some more, which might be enough to bring his composite up to a 4-star rating.
Let's hope so. He's a heck of a player from what I've read about him and seen on his tape. Thanks

Dawg61
11-15-2015, 04:37 PM
They beat Kegler and Oak Hill. Watch his highlight tape and it's obvious he's still at least a little underrated. Phenomenal athlete.

Peters is a really quick, flashy PG with handles and passing ability. Carter is a long SG who can light it up from deep but can also play the point and is more athletic than he gets credit for being; add some weight, and he's going to be a beast. Then you obviously have Herard as a beast down low and Kegler, who can switch from the 3 to the 4 pretty easily (not to mention Weatherspoon and Holman). Then Wright kind of fills another role, just an elite athlete who can fly up and down the court and score at will. He's not exactly the same kind of player, but he has some Westbrook in him.

Carter has very good shooting mechanics. He is going to make a lot of 3s for us.