PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Explain To Me....

Charlie_Sheen420
11-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Can someone explain to me what happened to Mullen's ballsy confidence after the 1st quarter? He was letting his balls hang out, making aggressive calls, going for it on 4th to keep drives alive, and then on 4th for a TD (it was the right call even though it was stopped). I was proud to see it until it seemed like his balls all the sudden fell off...

Can someone explain to me why the hell Mullen all the sudden became dumb and allowed Shumpert to run the ball resulting in a fumble, which pretty much turned the tide of the game? I thought he was done with Shumpert!?!?!?!

Can someone explain to me why the hell Mullen didn't adjust to the OL beatdown and sacks, by having Dak roll out of the pocket for a chance to throw or eat it and run for something if nothing was there?

Can someone explain to me why in the holy ****ing hell Dan continued to run it up the middle the whole game!?!?!? It was obvious that was never going to work at the end to early 2nd quarter. We had a better chance of scoring by spiking the ball then running it up the middle, just a freaking wasted play every single time it was done!!! Run to the outside or do WR sweeps, or idk maybe pass and take the yards Bama was giving all night instead of wasting a down up the ****ing middle!?!?

Can someone explain to me the ending of the first half? Running up the middle on 3rd and 13?!?! Really Dan? Really!?! And after that you still want to go for it!?!? So you took a page out of the Hugh Freeze playbook and went for it on 4th and long at midfield knowing damn well Saban had 2 timeouts! The defense bailed Dan's ass out on it, but I was pretty damn disappointed to see Dan make such a dumbass move, that's literally something Freeze did last week that almost cost them the game...I just thought Dan was smarter and better than that...

Explain to me at half and through the 3rd quarter State pretty much owned the stat sheet, yet had nothing to show for it?!? It was really aggravating to look at all those stats and wonder how in the hell we weren't tied with or even beating the hell out of Bama....

Finally someone explain this, with 9 minutes left in the game, with the ball....you pretty much decided to concede the game by punting...you had 4th and 3 on your own 27 or 30 idk, but there would still be a slight chance had you gone for it and gotten it. If you had converted, maybe the offense somehow goes down for a score at least keeping the game alive, instead you didn't even take the chance and ended it yourself by punting....defense said **** it then and pretty much gave up and let Henry go for a TD, can't blame them either since Dan had just pretty much conceded the game. That sure as hell wasn't relentless effort or strain or whatever the hell you want to call it for 60 minutes, you play until the whistle Dan! You didn't even give the team a chance to keep the game alive by punting, which was pretty damn disappointing. It reminded me of the 2011 LSU game where you pretty much gave up midway through the 4th quarter....you don't do that Dan!!!

Dan, I love you as the head coach, and think you have done wonders at State and I hope you keep up the great work, but in these big games you are showing the same old mistakes, you have to learn from them and at least give the team a damn chance to win! You are in year 7 as a head coach, and you should have learned these things or at least shown improvement by now. I'm fine with losing to a better team, but at least give your team a chance by making adjustments your team needs, being aggresive/confident, and playing for 60 minutes.

I'll just also add I thought the defense played pretty damn well most of the night and kept the team in the game. Diaz and the bunch did a good job. My only complaint was the poor tackling on the big plays and a few other plays, go for the legs and hold on guys!

breazy
11-14-2015, 09:44 PM
Finally someone explain this, with 9 minutes left in the game, with the ball....you pretty much decided to concede the game by punting...you had 4th and 3 on your own 27 or 30 idk, but there would still be a slight chance had you gone for it and gotten it. If you had converted, maybe the offense somehow goes down for a score at least keeping the game alive, instead you didn't even take the chance and ended it yourself by punting....defense said **** it then and pretty much gave up and let Henry go for a TD, can't blame them either since Dan had just pretty much conceded the game. That sure as hell wasn't relentless effort or strain or whatever the hell you want to call it for 60 minutes, you play until the whistle Dan! You didn't even give the team a chance to keep the game alive by punting, which was pretty damn disappointing. It reminded me of the 2011 LSU game where you pretty much gave up midway through the 4th quarter....you don't do that Dan!!!

This is my major issue, WTF happened to relentless effort? Mullen quit on the team at that point with the best quarterback in the damned league. Should have pulled the starters at that point too, since we're playing for the next game, maybe Derunya wouldn't have been out there to get hurt. I cant say i won't watch, however i'm not gonna set aside an afternoon for this piss poor version of relentless effort.

wasabaka
11-14-2015, 11:26 PM
Completely agree. Dan, for whatever reason, has no testicle fortitude against Alabama. It's bullshit. On the stat sheet, we dominated that game in the first half, and had nothing to show for it. I am so sick of always losing to these mother ****ers. We haven't scored a 1st half TD against them since Dan has been the head coach. I love him, and I'm not saying we need to fire him, but our performance against Alabama has got to change going forward. Beating them is the key to winning the SEC West.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2015, 11:30 PM
+1000

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions....but I share those same questions.

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2015, 11:32 PM
You wanted an explanation.....

http://i.imgur.com/TDr4j8h.jpg

wasabaka
11-14-2015, 11:52 PM
You wanted an explanation.....

http://i.imgur.com/TDr4j8h.jpg

Alabama has always been able to pull more talent than us, no question. But I, as a 37 year old man, have at least been able to see us defy the odds and beat them when we shouldn't. In my lifetime, we are ~19% winning percentage against them. That's a little more than once every 6 years. Why haven't I seen Dan beat them in year 7?

I love Dan and I'm not saying we need to make a change, but why is he Nick's bitch? Why shouldn't I expect to beat them at least once every 5-6 years???

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Alabama has always been able to pull more talent than us, no question. But I, as a 37 year old man, have at least been able to see us defy the odds and beat them when we shouldn't. In my lifetime, we are ~19% winning percentage against them. That's a little more than once every 6 years. Why haven't I seen Dan beat them in year 7?

I love Dan and I'm not saying we need to make a change, but why is he Nick's bitch? Why shouldn't I expect to beat them at least once every 5-6 years???

Most of those 19% were clustered in years when Bama wasn't as strong or they were on probation. Simply, the Saban era is the best, most powerful, most consistent Bama has ever been in our life times. LSU isn't even sniffing them.

It's far more miraculous to me that Ole Miss has beaten them two years in a row, than us losing to them 7 years in a row. I think some of Ole Miss' success is due to where they catch Bama on their schedule. Bama has so many players go to the NFL, that catching them early is a big advantage. They build as the season goes.

BoomBoom
11-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Can someone explain to me what happened to Mullen's ballsy confidence after the 1st quarter? He was letting his balls hang out, making aggressive calls, going for it on 4th to keep drives alive, and then on 4th for a TD (it was the right call even though it was stopped). I was proud to see it until it seemed like his balls all the sudden fell off...

Can someone explain to me why the hell Mullen all the sudden became dumb and allowed Shumpert to run the ball resulting in a fumble, which pretty much turned the tide of the game? I thought he was done with Shumpert!?!?!?!

Can someone explain to me why the hell Mullen didn't adjust to the OL beatdown and sacks, by having Dak roll out of the pocket for a chance to throw or eat it and run for something if nothing was there?

Can someone explain to me why in the holy ****ing hell Dan continued to run it up the middle the whole game!?!?!? It was obvious that was never going to work at the end to early 2nd quarter. We had a better chance of scoring by spiking the ball then running it up the middle, just a freaking wasted play every single time it was done!!! Run to the outside or do WR sweeps, or idk maybe pass and take the yards Bama was giving all night instead of wasting a down up the ****ing middle!?!?

Can someone explain to me the ending of the first half? Running up the middle on 3rd and 13?!?! Really Dan? Really!?! And after that you still want to go for it!?!? So you took a page out of the Hugh Freeze playbook and went for it on 4th and long at midfield knowing damn well Saban had 2 timeouts! The defense bailed Dan's ass out on it, but I was pretty damn disappointed to see Dan make such a dumbass move, that's literally something Freeze did last week that almost cost them the game...I just thought Dan was smarter and better than that...

Explain to me at half and through the 3rd quarter State pretty much owned the stat sheet, yet had nothing to show for it?!? It was really aggravating to look at all those stats and wonder how in the hell we weren't tied with or even beating the hell out of Bama....

Dan, I love you as the head coach, and think you have done wonders at State and I hope you keep up the great work, but in these big games you are showing the same old mistakes, you have to learn from them and at least give the team a damn chance to win! You are in year 7 as a head coach, and you should have learned these things or at least shown improvement by now. I'm fine with losing to a better team, but at least give your team a chance by making adjustments your team needs, being aggresive/confident, and playing for 60 minutes.

I'll just also add I thought the defense played pretty damn well most of the night and kept the team in the game. Diaz and the bunch did a good job. My only complaint was the poor tackling on the big plays and a few other plays, go for the legs and hold on guys!

Mullem only knows hos system. What you've seen is all he has. There will never be any adjustments, he doesnt know how.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 12:32 AM
I would like the QB keeper on third and more than two completely taken out of the playbook. I honestly didn't have too much of a problem with the play calling itself other than that. The problem was our o-line was a sieve and anything we called was not likely to work.

Todd4State
11-15-2015, 12:33 AM
This is my major issue, WTF happened to relentless effort? Mullen quit on the team at that point with the best quarterback in the damned league. Should have pulled the starters at that point too, since we're playing for the next game, maybe Derunya wouldn't have been out there to get hurt. I cant say i won't watch, however i'm not gonna set aside an afternoon for this piss poor version of relentless effort.

I think Dan has gotten too comfortable at MSU.

wasabaka
11-15-2015, 12:48 AM
Most of those 19% were clustered in years when Bama wasn't as strong or they were on probation. Simply, the Saban era is the best, most powerful, most consistent Bama has ever been in our life times. LSU isn't even sniffing them.

It's far more miraculous to me that Ole Miss has beaten them two years in a row, than us losing to them 7 years in a row. I think some of Ole Miss' success is due to where they catch Bama on their schedule. Bama has so many players go to the NFL, that catching them early is a big advantage. They build as the season goes.

This might be what makes me so sick. Why are they able to beat them twice in a row, and we aren't even in the game with them? And don't give me that shit about us only losing by 5 last year. We weren't in the game except for the drive where Sims gashed us, and Dan was playing to cover at the end.

Shouldn't we expect to be performing better as a team near the end of the year? I agree that it matters when you play certain teams within a season, but at some point, you just have to beat the team in front of you this Saturday, no matter what the name on the jersey is.