PDA

View Full Version : We will lose out.

Pinto
11-14-2015, 07:42 PM
Putting all my vcash on it.

blacklistedbully
11-14-2015, 07:43 PM
No way. Our defense was pretty damn good except for a few plays. Our O-line will not face another D-line anything like Bama again.

BulldogtheMS
11-14-2015, 07:45 PM
smh...

Dawgface
11-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Arky's QB will eat us alive. OM is our only hope and I say that is 50/50 at best.

Dawgology
11-14-2015, 07:52 PM

We will finish 8-4 with a win over ole miss. Mullen knows Hevesy's job depends on that game at this point. If you shit the bed against Bama and Ole Miss due to crap OL play and recruiting then heads WILL roll.

defiantdog
11-14-2015, 08:01 PM
I'll let my son kick me in the nuts if we lose out..... He's 11 with a hell of a leg too.

Bothrops
11-14-2015, 08:03 PM

Likely. We'll need some luck to beat OM. Anyone that thinks we won't, is either stupid or being silly.

Bully13
11-14-2015, 08:04 PM

bet you won't put real money on that. if not, STFU

Pinto
11-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Got $100 on it.

EnterpriseDawg
11-14-2015, 08:08 PM
I'll let my son kick me in the nuts if we lose out..... He's 11 with a hell of a leg too.

Hope you're done having kids...haha

BulldogBear
11-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Lose out? Possible, sure. There is nothing about Ole Miss, especially in Starkville, that has me thinking that negatively. If Bears keep it close they have a chance to beat us, but there is nothing scary about them.

CJDAWG85
What a ****ing moron.... Starting a thread and betting fake money.... put down the whiskey and step away from the keyboard.

blacklistedbully
Likely. We'll need some luck to beat OM. Anyone that thinks we won't, is either stupid or being silly.

No, your post is stupid. OM is not Bama. Their D-line is NOTHING like Bama. Their DB's are NOTHING like Bama. Dak will tear UNM apart.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Dak may have 475 yards passing against that black bear defense. Now Arkansas?????? We'll move the ball at will, but can slow down that QB??

msstate7
11-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Can he kick a 50 yarder?

Bothrops
11-14-2015, 08:22 PM
No, your post is stupid. OM is not Bama. Their D-line is NOTHING like Bama. Their DB's are NOTHING like Bama. Dak will tear UNM apart.

OM is 3-0 against Bama and us since last year, but my post is stupid?

DudyDawg
11-14-2015, 08:32 PM
We beat arkansas only bc they don't have calvin ridley or ashawn Robinson. Same match up we have vs Bama and lsu but they have a ton less talent

Pinto
11-14-2015, 08:34 PM
The same Arkansas team that is up 14-0 on Lsu and whose dl front is causing havic right now?

Pinto
11-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Make that 21-0

Johnson85
11-14-2015, 09:39 PM

There's a good chance we will. I would bet that we will split, but if we lose next week, I'm not sure we keep our head on straight for ole miss. If Dan can get the team to win out, that will be an outstanding job at this point.

sleepy dawg
11-14-2015, 11:57 PM
All 200 of your fake money???? Shit, this guy's ****ing serious y'all.

Dawg61
11-15-2015, 12:06 AM
No we won't lose out. We will skull **** Rice in the Liberty bowl again!!

wasabaka
11-15-2015, 12:26 AM
Dak may have 475 yards passing against that black bear defense. Now Arkansas?????? We'll move the ball at will, but can slow down that QB??

Dak put up 300+ against the gumps, but 0 in the end zone which is all that matters.

Pollodawg
11-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Meh. We'll lose to Ark, but probably beat UNM.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Dak put up 300+ against the gumps, but 0 in the end zone which is all that matters.

We should have kicked the damn field goal. You gotta take points when you can against Bama. That stop killed our momentum for the most part. And up the middle?! Really?!

smootness
11-15-2015, 02:24 PM
We will beat both and finish 9-3. You guys are overreacting.

SDDawg
11-15-2015, 02:32 PM

+1

Statecoachingblows**
11-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Yesterday was bullshit and it sucks but not completely unexpected. The next 2 are extremely important and very winnable. I'd love to win both, but we absolutely have to win the egg bowl. I CANNOT listen to the shit for another year.

TrapGame
11-15-2015, 02:57 PM

Yes we will but this over the top shit is hilarious to read. M'fers acting like we lost to Vandy or UK yesterday. It was freaking Bama people. Get a grip.

RougeDawg
11-15-2015, 03:06 PM
As with every game, winning will be decided by Dan calling decent plays or going into his shell like he does in big games. Each of our big games the last few years, he's coached scared as if pushing not to lose. Amazes me that people refuse to see this and continually try to put blame on other areas.

smootness
11-15-2015, 03:27 PM
As with every game, winning will be decided by Dan calling decent plays or going into his shell like he does in big games. Each of our big games the last few years, he's coached scared as if pushing not to lose. Amazes me that people refuse to see this and continually try to put blame on other areas.

Amazing that you think we would beat everybody if Mullen would just call different plays. Apparently we are easily more talented than everybody else and Mullen is holding us back. Good to know.

RougeDawg
11-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Amazing that you think we would beat everybody if Mullen would just call different plays. Apparently we are easily more talented than everybody else and Mullen is holding us back. Good to know.

Amazing you deduce something complete opposite of what was said.

Is that what I said? Really? Your comprehension skills are lacking. I'm saying he coached scared in big games. His play calling is and has been very different in these games than the others. If you can honestly tell me that Dan's play calling isn't altered in these big games, you have issues. There is no reasonable and logical way you can explain the Bama and LSU games this year and after Auburn last year is the same as vs UK and Mizzou the last two weeks. We had s great game called at A&M but just made too many mistakes and drops. Last night our coaching staff did not put our offense in the best position to be successful. That's what coaches get paid for.

It's not just last night. He's been doing this and even C34 alludes to in in his thread. Dan has not changed and will continue being hard headed. His choice of RB and usage is a prime example of his hard headedness and why we will never take the next step and win these.

You have to adjust you play calling as the game and opponent dictate. Bama was daring is to run Dak up the gut. What do we do? Bama was daring is to throw long developing pass plays? What do we do? Ask Dak to sit in the pocket for 3-6 seconds while plays develop against the best f*cking D line in the nation. The quick passes were working when Dak made quick decisions. When he was attempting to go through 6 different reads is when they got to him. We have to know to get the ball out quickly. It should have been a focus over the last 9 days. Bama doesn't give any QB much time to throw. We should know this. Who is ultimately responsible for these issues?

Im assuming you just want to argue with me and wound do so even if I posted water is wet. It's either that or you have some deficiencies of which I cannot help.

smootness
11-15-2015, 04:04 PM
You said, 'As with every game, winning will be decided by Dan calling decent plays'.

You also insinuated that is the only thing that should be blamed for losing to teams like Bama.

If you didn't actually mean that, don't jump on me; that is what you posted. I'm not saying Mullen has been perfect or that I've loved the game plan in every game. I will tell you that our play calling was far more aggressive last night than it's been in the past. Dak was not sitting in the pocket for as many as 6 seconds, that's ludicrous.

I agree that the plan should be to get the ball out quickly. But you do realize that if everyone is covered, 'getting the ball out quickly' is just a good way to give the ball directly to Bama, right? You act like Dak was going through progressions for the sake of going through them. The only reason you move on to progression 2 is if 1 is covered, and so on. Alabama is a very good team. They covered us well and also got pressure on us. We didn't block well.

The game was lost when we weren't able to punch it in on the second drive (partly due to bad play calls on 1st and 2nd down, yes), stalled in the red zone a couple more times, and gave up too many huge plays. Mullen's play calling was way down the list last night.

blacklistedbully
11-15-2015, 10:10 PM
OM is 3-0 against Bama and us since last year, but my post is stupid?

If Bama spotted us 5 t/o's and we got an additional fluke 14 points, we would have beat Bama by 30+. Get real!

FISHDAWG
11-16-2015, 10:16 AM
agreed ... Dak couldn't get the ball out quickly because there was not much separation from our recvrs until much later in the route ... the guys played up on us and man to man and just hung with our rcvrs ... maybe we could have used the tight end a little more but our guys not getting open quickly enough was just more than Dak and that OL could deal with

Bothrops
11-16-2015, 11:26 AM
If Bama spotted us 5 t/o's and we got an additional fluke 14 points, we would have beat Bama by 30+. Get real!

The problem is, we would never get 5 turnovers against Bama.

blacklistedbully
11-16-2015, 12:20 PM
The problem is, we would never get 5 turnovers against Bama.

They were pretty much gifted to UNM. Did you watch that game? Of course, it's extremely unlikely to happen. That's the point. You're trying to compare UNM's ability to succeed vs them to ours. This year, UNM got that 1-in-100 game that does sometimes happen, and even with all those advantages, they barely won by 6. Any really good team that gets spotted 14 points they don't deserve and gets handed a 5 t/o advantage should win by 4 or 5 scores.

MadDawg
11-16-2015, 12:25 PM

C'mon smootness. Anyone can see we are easily national champions this year with a decent play caller. ***

DownwardDawg
11-16-2015, 12:56 PM

Apples and oranges. Wont be a problem against the Bears.

bullybull
11-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Hey guys new to the thread... been reading for a while just decided to register and start commenting. Not so sure we would have won even with the turnovers TSUN did get in the endzone after the TOs. Not sure why you think we could've punched it in from 30 yards out or so after a turnover when we couldn't punch it in from 1st and goal. Sorry to shoot down the argument but we couldnt convert in the redzone. If we can't convert in redzone situations we could've had 10 TOs and it wouldn't have mattered. They got a less practiced team early on but still beat bama on the road. Credit where its due in my book. Kelly was on that night. Dak overthrew one TD pass I remember for sure. Can't miss those and win against bama.

Op4isabitch
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Hey guys new to the thread... been reading for a while just decided to register and start commenting. Not so sure we would have won even with the turnovers TSUN did get in the endzone after the TOs. Not sure why you think we could've punched it in from 30 yards out or so after a turnover when we couldn't punch it in from 1st and goal. Sorry to shoot down the argument but we couldnt convert in the redzone. If we can't convert in redzone situations we could've had 10 TOs and it wouldn't have mattered. They got a less practiced team early on but still beat bama on the road. Credit where its due in my book. Kelly was on that night. Dak overthrew one TD pass I remember for sure. Can't miss those and win against bama.

I smell bear feces.

smootness
11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
We definitely didn't play our best Saturday. We should have run Dak 4 times in a row from the 3...he would have gotten in. Gray should have had a TD catch that he couldn't hold on to. And Dak did overthrow Brown, I believe (maybe Ross) on a longer play. Make those 3 plays, and it's a different game.

Anyone suggesting Arkansas or Ole Miss will easily beat us because of the game Saturday is nuts.

sandwolf
11-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Is that what I said? Really?

Uhhhm, yes. Yes it is.

lastmajordog
11-16-2015, 01:29 PM
"No, your post is stupid. OM is not Bama. Their D-line is NOTHING like Bama. Their DB's are NOTHING like Bama. Dak will tear UNM apart."

Let's see......last year with their team blown apart with injuries, no running game, coming off 5? turnover physical obliteration by Arky......Jackie's second year in oxford....time and time again UNM turned the ball over with their backs against the end zone and NO SCORES. In 79 sub 500 destroyed MSU (Yes I know about the pass int call....I WAS THERE!)......The Cosby field goal tornado.......on and on and on and on......be careful making bold statements on this game.....and yes Bo holds on to the ball Dak's soph year and it's probably a different outcome. I've seen a lot of games Dogs SHOULD have destroyed UNM but it didn't happen......I hope this year it's not close enough to be in doubt......but.......be careful with this rivalry.

MadDawg
11-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Did you really sign up just to post this crap? Slow news day in Oxford? No confederate flag rallies today?

MadDawg
11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
"No, your post is stupid. OM is not Bama. Their D-line is NOTHING like Bama. Their DB's are NOTHING like Bama. Dak will tear UNM apart."

Let's see......last year with their team blown apart with injuries, no running game, coming off 5? turnover physical obliteration by Arky......Jackie's second year in oxford....time and time again UNM turned the ball over with their backs against the end zone and NO SCORES. In 79 sub 500 destroyed MSU (Yes I know about the pass int call....I WAS THERE!)......The Cosby field goal tornado.......on and on and on and on......be careful making bold statements on this game.....and yes Bo holds on to the ball Dak's soph year and it's probably a different outcome. I've seen a lot of games Dogs SHOULD have destroyed UNM but it didn't happen......I hope this year it's not close enough to be in doubt......but.......be careful with this rivalry.

14 of the last 16 Egg Bowls have been won by the home team. Sorry that doesn't fit you narrative, but it is what it is.

Coach34
11-16-2015, 01:42 PM
14 of the last 16 Egg Bowls have been won by the home team. Sorry that doesn't fit you narrative, but it is what it is.

and the only 2 losses were by awful 3 win teams

FISHDAWG
11-16-2015, 01:49 PM
and I think the last visiting team to win was us back around 2009 or 2010

lastmajordog
11-16-2015, 01:52 PM

I'm quite familiar with the history of this game. Assume all you want, I'm old enough to be cautious. This next game if Dogs win, I will tend to agree with you. If not I put it in the let's see file.

MSUDawg99
11-16-2015, 01:54 PM
and I think the last visiting team to win was us back around 2009 or 2010

It was us there in 2010 cause we always play there in even years.