PDA

View Full Version : I love coach Mullen and what he has done here, but we cannot continue..

IMissJack
11-14-2015, 07:26 PM
to recruit as we have at OL and expect different results. We have moved up enough depth wise at most positions to beat weak and middle SEC teams, but will never consistently win big games without upgrades in OL. Bama beat LSU like they did because they are one dimensional (run); they beat us like they did because we are one dimensional (pass). They handled our OL with 4 DL most of the time. Most of the sacks I saw looked like they were past our lineman before he moved his feet. Add to that, when you cannot run, the game is extended and gives them more opportunities. Our recruiting for the OL needs some accountability, it has been The weak link for sometime. We never seem to beat out anyone at this position for a recruit we want. The worse news is that Dak is gone next year, so they may be even more exposed.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2015, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't lose a second of sleep tonight if Hevesy was fired. I'm sick of the excuses for him....he sucks. His recruiting sucks, and he is no longer developing these lower rated guys. Why couldn't Gonzales be Dan's buddy that he'll never get rid of, instead of Mr. 2 star academy OL recruiter. He's like a bad "Real men of Genius" commercial.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2015, 07:32 PM
What Mullen has done here is nothing short of remarkable. I say leave the man alone and let him get on with it.

IMissJack
11-14-2015, 07:34 PM
What Mullen has done here is nothing short of remarkable. I say leave the man alone and let him get on with it.

I'm not talking about Mullen.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah.... we need a change at the OL coach. That is the ONLY change we need.

Also... every last OL need ballet lessons! Every day!

Todd4State
11-14-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm done with Hev too. We just aren't physical enough and that is misevaluating talent.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Telling you... put them in Ballet.

IMissJack
11-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Telling you... put them in Ballet.

So you are telling me you can take a HS OL, put them in ballet, and voila they are SEC ready? Not saying it wouldn't help, but there are initial talent problems.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 08:49 PM
So you are telling me you can take a HS OL, put them in ballet, and voila they are SEC ready? Not saying it wouldn't help, but there are initial talent problems.

Damn straight. Footwork is a huge issue.

DudyDawg
11-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Damn straight. Footwork is a huge issue.

Talent is more important than ballet.

CadaverDawg
11-14-2015, 08:58 PM

Way more important. Stupid is spreading like wild fire around here lately

tcdog70
11-14-2015, 09:09 PM
We need mean M'fers like Dillon and Ben

Coach007
11-14-2015, 09:11 PM

Oh.... So coaching up doesn't work... Man. Not sure what we do with our OL last year.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Way more important. Stupid is spreading like wild fire around here lately

Really.... Lmao. OK man. You are soooo right.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm done with Hev too. We just aren't physical enough and that is misevaluating talent.

Yeah, and not just talent. We are poorly coached too. We struggle with simple stunts. We miss too many assignments.

BankerDog
11-14-2015, 09:13 PM
It's 8:15 and Rufus Warren still hasn't put a hand on anyone except his teammate for at least trying. He, Malone, or Desper never should step foot on the field again. They play lazy, soft, and scared. None of them have a mean streak. Whoever hyped Malone up as a middle to early round pick needs to just stop. He has done the same thing since we played pee wee football together; be soft.

DudyDawg
11-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Really.... .

So you're saying that ballet is more important than talent?

DudyDawg
11-14-2015, 09:20 PM
It's 8:15 and Rufus Warren still hasn't put a hand on anyone except his teammate for at least trying. He, Malone, or Desper never should step foot on the field again. They play lazy, soft, and scared. None of them have a mean streak. Whoever hyped Malone up as a middle to early round pick needs to just stop. He has done the same thing since we played pee wee football together; be soft.
Literally the only time he lined up a block was on Donald gray for running 50 yards by himself

Boya
11-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Hev gets credit for these guys....but he needs to recruit better

BankerDog
11-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Then he walked off like he was a tough guy...He's soft and has gotten owned each game.

preachermatt83
11-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Hevesy should be gone NOW but he won't be.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 09:25 PM
So you're saying that ballet is more important than talent?

No. I am saying we have what we have. We will not get a new OL by next year. That is not happening. So why is that the starting point?

You gotta play hat you have or not play. Go back and watch any of our linemen... Footwork is slow. Warren for beat for a reason.