PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to beat my own dead horse?

RougeDawg
11-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Dan clams up and goes full Puss in these games. I'm tired of thinking he will change. Playcalling inside the 20's has been downright atrocious.

smootness
11-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Dan clams up and goes full Puss in these games. I'm tired of thinking he will change. Playcalling inside the 20's has been downright atrocious.

He's actually been much more aggressive in this one. Defenses have figured out how to stop these offenses in the redzone now. It's just much harder there.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2015, 06:00 PM
This game is on Jon Hevesey and our O-line recruiting. Dan has called a pretty good game.

RougeDawg
11-14-2015, 06:07 PM
This game is on Jon Hevesey and our O-line recruiting. Dan has called a pretty good game.

So 3 low percentage pass plays inside the 8 is good play calling? Maybe I need a new dictionary.

GreenheadDawg
11-14-2015, 06:09 PM

This is all that really needs to be said. O-line play is horrible and we have to get better talent there to win these games

HoopsDawg
11-14-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm so f'n sick of watching Rufus Warren get his ass kicked at LT. Best QB in school history and we have a converted TE at LT for Dak's senior year.

RougeDawg
11-14-2015, 06:17 PM
This is all that really needs to be said. O-line play is horrible and we have to get better talent there to win these games

All wrong. No it's not. Please watch the game again. Play calling is killing us. Calling slow developing plays when Bama is bringing the heat doesn't work. Damn there are some dense ones on here. I'm watching this from field level. We are blocking but can't block for 4-6 seconds every play.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2015, 06:20 PM
All wrong. No it's not. Please watch the game again. Play calling is killing us. Calling slow developing plays when Bama is bringing the heat doesn't work. Damn there are some dense ones on here. I'm watching this from field level. We are blocking but can't block for 4-6 seconds every play.

Just stop it dude. They are controlling our O-line with 4 down linemen. Dak has taken a beating this game.

smootness
11-14-2015, 06:21 PM

It's not 4-6 seconds dude, holy crap. Our OL has been dominated in this game.

Jacksondevildog
11-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm so f'n sick of watching Rufus Warren get his ass kicked at LT. Best QB in school history and we have a converted TE at LT for Dak's senior year.

This. It's like they had zero planning for Prescott.

smootness
11-14-2015, 06:27 PM

What does this say about Rankin? I mean holy crap, he must have been massively overrated.

GreenheadDawg
11-14-2015, 06:40 PM

Keep telling yourself that. Rufus and Malone have sodomized all game

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 07:14 PM

Starts thread to pat himself on the back. Then makes sure to include that he is field level. Rouge gotta Rouge.

drummerdawg
11-14-2015, 07:19 PM
It's not 4-6 seconds dude, holy crap. Our OL has been dominated in this game.

Then why keep running up the middle? Bad play calling. We had our most success running 5 wide and really spreading them out but for some reason we didn't want to keep doing that.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Dude... 9 sacks ain't on Dak. We have not been able to run all year. And you think it's not the OL.

Coach007
11-14-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm out of this thread. Not entertaining all of this.

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2015, 07:23 PM
What does this say about Rankin? I mean holy crap, he must have been massively overrated.

I've had this thought a few times today.

Pinto
11-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Dan went full on tonighthttps://media4.giphy.com/media/MEJRjWCk3xBu0/200_s.gif

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2015, 07:25 PM
I hope after this 17ing Saban gave Mullen today he at least gave him a reach around.

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Dan went full on tonighthttps://media4.giphy.com/media/MEJRjWCk3xBu0/200_s.gif
I would say that was the most disturbing thing I've seen today but I watched the game.

TopDog58
11-14-2015, 07:28 PM

Dan is an idiot.

the59dawg
11-14-2015, 07:28 PM

Amen, this is all about the shortcomings of OL and lack of protection. Dak did not have time for WRs to come open or else he also had his worst geme of career

Political Hack
11-14-2015, 07:29 PM
We gave up more sacks that any other team Saban has ever faced... With Dak at QB. Another way to say that is this: "we are the worst OL Saban has ever faced."

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2015, 07:32 PM
We gave up more sacks that any other team Saban has ever faced... With Dak at QB. Another way to say that is this: "we are the worst OL Saban has ever faced."

And they play GA Southern.

RougeDawg
11-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Let me get it straight. We are struggling with their rush so we continue calling slow developing pass plays. And that is somehow on the OL? Hmm. Dak had time to pump fake once or twice most of the times they got to him. (Please go back and watch. I was there). He and Dan have to know there will not be much time to throw and they have to call plays accordingly. But it's all the OLine's fault. Was it their fault for Shumps fumble and lack of running? Was it the OL's fault for horrific play calling when we got inside the 2 and then 5? Did they call the 3 straight low percentage shit passes? Did they run Dak up the gut Fournette/Les Miles Style when everyone else knew it was coming?

Right...............

You don't pass for 300 yards against Bama if your OLine sucks. Hell you don't even get 300 yards of offense against that bunch if your OL sucks. Once again the knee jerk renegades want to blame the OL when they were put in a position to fail based on the play called. Carry on and bash the OL if you must, but you carry an agenda thats easy to see.

Sacrifice
11-15-2015, 01:11 PM
No doubt our O-line sucks but half of those sacks we're caused by Bama secondary, which I was told sucks. I lost count how many times Dak held the ball to long because our recievers couldn't get open. Same thing they do to our recievers every year.

RougeDawg
11-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Dude... 9 sacks ain't on Dak. We have not been able to run all year. And you think it's not the OL.

393 yards and the 2nd most yards Bama has allowed all season, yet our OL somehow is the reason we lost. Great to know. Good thing most of the "OLsucks" crowd aren't in positions of influence.

defiantdog
11-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Let me get it straight. We are struggling with their rush so we continue calling slow developing pass plays. And that is somehow on the OL? Hmm. Dak had time to pump fake once or twice most of the times they got to him. (Please go back and watch. I was there). He and Dan have to know there will not be much time to throw and they have to call plays accordingly. But it's all the OLine's fault. Was it their fault for Shumps fumble and lack of running? Was it the OL's fault for horrific play calling when we got inside the 2 and then 5? Did they call the 3 straight low percentage shit passes? Did they run Dak up the gut Fournette/Les Miles Style when everyone else knew it was coming?

Right...............

You don't pass for 300 yards against Bama if your OLine sucks. Hell you don't even get 300 yards of offense against that bunch if your OL sucks. Once again the knee jerk renegades want to blame the OL when they were put in a position to fail based on the play called. Carry on and bash the OL if you must, but you carry an agenda thats easy to see.

Right on..... Dak had a bad game. Sure, he made a few really good throws. But he got lost in the moment and began thinking too much. I could tell he got frustrated when Ragland hit him on one play, and Dak threw him off like he was a DB. He was trying to make the big play every play instead of playing his game.

maroonmania
11-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Sorry, don't give any excuses for Mullen to me. Yes, we likely lose anyway but HOW in the holy crap can you have 3rd and goal and 4th and goal against the best Defensive Line in the nation with our crappy run blocking line and all you can dial up is a Dak run between the tackles on both plays? Like that had a good chance to work. Hey Dan, ever heard of a roll out with the QB to give a run/pass option? Did we roll out Dak all day? I don't think so.

GreenheadDawg
11-15-2015, 02:48 PM
393 yards and the 2nd most yards Bama has allowed all season, yet our OL somehow is the reason we lost. Great to know. Good thing most of the "OLsucks" crowd aren't in positions of influence.

You may need to use some of the product that you founded. I'm not disagreeing that the play calling was good because it sucked ass, but the o-line play was worse.