PDA

View Full Version : Huell?

Dawg61
11-14-2015, 03:25 PM
What happened here? His high school coach wouldn't let him visit so he attends the Miami game instead? Is he going to visit later or is this recruitment already over one day after we just caught word of him visiting? Good player. Hope he still wants to visit. Btw we play Miami next week in Puerto Rico.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Anyone with an update on this..chatter went away just as soo as we got the news of a visit...what's the story on this?

Dawg61
11-16-2015, 12:42 AM
Bump. This might be the strangest one day recruitment of a 5* player I can remember. Does anybody have ANYTHING on this story?

defiantdog
11-16-2015, 12:46 AM
Bump. This might be the strangest one day recruitment of a 5* player I can remember. Does anybody have ANYTHING on this story?

Coach is promoting him to stay in state. South Florida doesn't produce basketball players like they produce football players. He'll do anything to keep him in state.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Screw his coach...He needs to go to a school where he can be developed for the NBA and that school is MSU.

C222
11-16-2015, 08:24 AM
We aren't getting him. It will be Miami or FSU. Coach didn't want him to visit us. All our efforts are turning towards Ado and possibly 1 more PF.

djaymsu5
11-16-2015, 08:47 AM
How in the hell can a coach do that? That's bs! It would be funny if Howland was like alright screw it I'll fly down there and have a word with this so called coach

thf24
11-16-2015, 08:53 AM
I've always thought this was extremely selfish on the part of high school coaches, even when it's benefited us in the past. They're putting something other than the kid's interests and desires first.

Coach34
11-16-2015, 09:04 AM
I've always thought this was extremely selfish on the part of high school coaches, even when it's benefited us in the past. They're putting something other than the kid's interests and desires first.

Is it his HS or AAU coach? Some of these guys have to have the wheels greased to even recruit them

Dawg61
11-16-2015, 09:11 AM
Is it his HS or AAU coach? Some of these guys have to have the wheels greased to even recruit them

We should rally round the family and fill his next home game with 500 MSU alumni.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Coach is promoting him to stay in state. South Florida doesn't produce basketball players like they produce football players. He'll do anything to keep him in state.

I would say that he(Huell) wasn't too happy about it. I think he tweeted ..."gotta get away"....and "Nothing going right" the day he was announced to visit. After he was retweeting people tweeting about him visiting. It is so sad that someone can't make a decision on their own. complete BS.

maroonmania
11-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Yea, its amazing how these AAU coaches and sometimes HS coaches treats a player like their own personal property to sell to whomever they so choose.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-16-2015, 10:22 AM

This would explain why he was so pissed about him agreeing to visit and then putting a stop to it...

smootness
11-16-2015, 12:44 PM
Have we ever thought about the fact that Huell himself wasn't totally sold on taking the visit, so his coach simply convinced him not to take it? Some have asked how a coach can force a kid not to visit...well, he can't. So instead of assuming he can and asking why, it seems more logical to assume he didn't and that Huell just ended up deciding not to visit.

It's really not that strange. He suddenly decided to visit, then pretty quickly decided not to. He's been recruited by the in-state schools for a long time, our chances were extremely low no matter what.

Dawg61
11-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Have we ever thought about the fact that Huell himself wasn't totally sold on taking the visit, so his coach simply convinced him not to take it? Some have asked how a coach can force a kid not to visit...well, he can't. So instead of assuming he can and asking why, it seems more logical to assume he didn't and that Huell just ended up deciding not to visit.

It's really not that strange. He suddenly decided to visit, then pretty quickly decided not to. He's been recruited by the in-state schools for a long time, our chances were extremely low no matter what.

Nope that's not it.

smootness
11-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Nope that's not it.

Haha k. Tell me what happened.